Graham_Gould

For Tosh
« on: October 03, 2005, 07:32:24 pm »
Tosh,

Are you still being investigated by the SIB over that 'matter' you posted about a few weeks/months ago?

Thanks,

Richard.

Re: For Tosh
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 07:51:56 pm »
No, Richard.  I wasn't being investigated, it was a friend of mine who stole the £42000.

I was interviewed because I'd covered his job over two, two week periods during the course of a year.  However, I'd not had any authority to sign cheques from 'his' account; and that was how the fraud was commited; via cheques, so there was no action towards myself.

An MOD policeman came to visit, interviewed me; said he'd type up a statement and e-mail it to me; but I never heard from him again.  I think their lack of interest in me was  because I pointed out a number of failings within the unit's administration; such as the lack of surprise cash and bank checks; and whilst I was audited on a regular basis; Billy (the offender) wasn't as it was thought my job (dealing with tax-payers funds) was more important than Billy's job (he dealt purely with Battalion money (Mess bills, fruit machines, money from the various bars on camp etc)).

When last I spoke to Billy (the offender) a few months back; he said the CPS thought there was enough evidence to prosecute him and he was to go to court at the begining of August (the 5th) I think; and I've had no contact with him since.

Had I took £42000 I'd have a lovely thermo-pure WFP system and a nice shiny new van.

Instead I've struggled to pay for a backpack and drive round in an old Rover which needs replacing.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 07:59:15 pm »
What's this got to do with window cleaning Mr Moderator? ;D
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 08:00:04 pm »
Richard,

You post sounds really bad.

Here's the original post which was done very much tongue in cheek:

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8050.msg60265#msg60265