P @ F

Retail therapy took away the madness !
« on: October 01, 2005, 10:49:52 pm »
Just been stitched up good and proper by my so called best mate , for those of you who didnt know , last week i was offered a Berlingo on an S plate for £500 , it was the bargain of the century , i was in a good mood so i went out and got myself a 34 foot pole , swan neck and all the gubbins , now i can go out and feel a bit more proffesional when going for commercial stuff , or thats what i thought , it turns out my mate did the sly and bought the van from under my feet , im gonna swede him when i next see him !
I have been spittin fire for the last few days , and yesterday i thought to hell with it , i went shopping for a new van and ended up being the proud owner of a Y plate 2.5 TDI Transporter , i get it on Wednesday , so let the conversion begin !
I was lookin on a site yesterday called Van Gadgets and i saw just the thing to get even with my mate , a big shiney bull bar with the words "Citroen Berlingo" written on it HE HE HE !
To be honest though , indirectly i reckon my mate did me a favour , at the rate my business is currently growing i think 6 months down the line i would have been looking for something  bigger anyway .
Its hard to believe that just over a year ago all i had was a handfull of flyers a roofrack on my car , and dare i say it , a B & Q ladder !
So let those be words of wisdom to all you newcomers out there , it can be done , im no major hard worker and look what i have achieved in 12 months .
JUST GO FOR IT !             PEP TALK OVER .

Rich   P @ F    ;D 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Re: Retail therapy took away the madness !
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 10:55:45 pm »
Hey c'mon Ian, Tosh...This is inciting to violence!!
Lock this topic it's Windowcleaner rage!

I'm looking at VW Transporter myself actually, but so expensive.  Great vans though.

Grumps Pj

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 10:58:28 pm »
there's nothing wrong with a B&Q ladder as long as its used within its capabilities and used safely

Regards

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 11:06:10 pm »
Me,  window cleaner rage never !   ;D
I was always under the impression that they where expensive , but it cost me 5K and when you think what a decent family car costs these days , the vw can only be looked upon as a sound business move , dont you think ?
All i see is the fact that im not going to have to worry about the ammount of weight that my poor old astravan has to cart around everyday , it served me well and its time to punt it out for peanuts , any takers ?

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 11:11:53 pm »
Your absolutely right ChrisC , they too served me well , but you cannot deny that they are like a cheap set of stilts from ToysRus !  lol

Rich  P @ F   ;D ;D ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 11:15:24 pm »
No argument but then i dont use then as stilts ;D ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 11:26:32 pm »
how much

give me first refusal

Dave

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 11:37:36 pm »
No chance David , you is on the wrong side of the water !

Well im a nice guy so i will let you have the chance first , if you are really interested let me know and ill do it for you for mega cheap .

Rich P @ F

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 01:13:05 am »
Come on David , i know you want it , if you dont , its going to the Saltash auctions !

Rich  P @ F

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 11:25:26 am »
Rich - nice choice of van - I have the transporter on an S and love it
How about a few more details on how you have progressed over the year
I and probably a lot more, would like to hear/read that - your method for getting the work and advice etc :)

just thought - maybe a new thread if you like - to give a bit more prominence

Biscute

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 12:02:17 pm »
The transporter van is a nice van and will do you better in the long run but a berlingo for 500 is a steal, seems your m8 took a poop on you big time  :-\
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 09:29:50 pm »
how much

you can pm me if you want

sorry i missed this post ,been busy

Dave

matt

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 09:58:23 pm »
i have a transporter aswell

mines 30 odd years old and a split screen type ;)

parked him up for the winter today, will pick him back up in about 6 months time ;)

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 11:22:48 pm »
David st ives , im only gonna want about £150 for it , its no minter though you understand , it has an oil leak , its ok if you watch the levels once a month , same with water , the blower dont work , its a pig when cold but fine when warm , 9 months MOT and 3 months tax , but having said that its a solid van , i put new wings , arches and sills on it last year and it still looks good .
I can also leave the 175L tank in it if you want it £200 all in .

Let me know , no probs if you dont want , like i said , it goes to the auction with my 2 beemers else , im sorry to see them go but i need the space .

Rich  P @ F

ladysmudge

Re: Retail therapy took away the madness ! New
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 09:42:09 am »
If you have no takers I would be interested or if any one else is getting rid of a van please pm me Im in the manchester area