craig jwc

WFP is too good
« on: September 30, 2005, 11:03:46 pm »
Don't know if anyone else has had this.

I have had a couple of customers this week ask if they can change from monthly clean to 2 monthly clean as their windows still look clean.

I read the post earlier about people saying this just so they don't have to pay out so much, but to be honest they were right.
I have noticed this on a few places that i used the pole on. I even noticed this on my own windows.

I have thought about telling them that the price will go up because of the time between cleans but i feel i can't do this as they are paying the right price already.

I still use traditional methods aswell but have noticed wfp does seem to keep the windows cleaner for longer.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Craig

Re: WFP is too good
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 11:14:13 pm »
Hi Craig,

This is not a myth it is true. WFP does keep the windows cleaner for longer.

One of the reasons behind this, is traditional methods use chemical substances (soap/ washing up liquid/ etc) although windows are squeegee, a sticky residue is left on the window (No you cannot feel this by touching the window). This helps dust and dirt to adhere to the windows.

Because WFP is pure water and no chemicals are added, no residue is left on the window and the dust and dirt cannot adhere to the window as quick.

90% of my clients that start on a monthly cycle switch to a 6 weekly cycle after 3 months. I do charge extra for this and simply explain, there is more dirt on their windows on a 6 weekly cycle than there would be on a 4 weekly cycle, hence more work involved in cleaning them. I have not lost any customers for charging slightly more on these cycles.

I am also glad, you are starting to do well, keep up the good work.

Andrew

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 11:24:20 pm »
Got to agree with what Andrew says  ( great name BTW )  ;D

They do stay cleaner for exactly the reasons he says.

I too have had a few ask to switch to "every other time" cleans.  Of course you can is my answer..  however the price will be  XXXX  that is at least 50% more because my price is based on the time I spend MAINTAINING the standard of your windows and I will have to spend more time getting them back to standard. Most then say ok clean them as usual.  The few that still want " every other" I find are the ones who suddenly start to find the usual excuses for " not this time" and I dump them.

Andrew

jsm

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 08:38:06 am »
yes I've had a few switch from monthly to 2 monthly because of this , must addmit there's been a few jobs where Ive turned up and seen how clean the windows still look-  where I've gone back to the van to check if i got the right week !!!!

::)
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Simon Carter

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 06:05:02 pm »
Every other month & the windows staying cleaner for longer is a good selling point. I offer it from thr outset to justify a higher price. Frankly, if the windows are done regularly, even after two months, they're still easy to clean.
Onwards and Upwards...

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 08:17:38 am »
I suppose its just one of the many things we will have to learn to work around. Change brings on more change etc.

As long as you live in an area where you can find more customers to take up the slack  this could be turned into a profitable advantage.
Assuming you can get more money each time you clean a house then  your hourly earning rate goes up.
It doesn't matter how frequently you clean that house so long as you are cleaning somebody's house.