seamus campbell

pricing Time and mark up
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:51:56 pm »
Hello Gents.

Im just trying to get an idea on pricing staff on jobs,

i have been pricing a few jobs recently for shopfitter cleans.   I am never really sure how to price for staff and mark up,

I try to pay my staff around £7 per hour , but how much do i charge them out at , am i priced at the same price as a general worker, .

I have know problem working out how to price with regards to consumables , distance and time required to do a job.

Thanks in advance

Neil Jones

Re: pricing Time and mark up
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 09:50:01 am »
Shop fit cleans for us are around £450-£500. They cost a lot more than domestic cleaning. Domestic cleaning we charge £12-£15 per hour.

I'd charge per job on commercial one off cleans and don't bother doing it by the hour. Most prefer a cost to do the job, NMW happens they will pay no more no less. If you finish early then happy days, if not then you price high enough to absorb the cost.

seamus campbell

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:55:14 am »
Thanks Neil appreciate the reply

what sort of Mark-up to you put on your staffs hourly rate and if you are on the job do you charge a higher hourly rate for yourself,

I also only give price per day, its the average Mark up percentage on the staff element that Im strugggling with.

Thanks Again Seamus

Tony Hodgkinson

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 06:07:32 pm »
You can always charge that bit more when dealing with commercial properties. All being honest if you think its going to take say 10 hours multiply that by what you would usually charge and then add a bit on top. I find I get a lot more work offered to you.

For instance if you charge £10 per hour and the job will take 10 hours obviously that will be £100. it doesn't sound like a great deal but they will always call you back for more work. One off fees are great but regular custom is what you are after.
Mr Tony Hodgkinson
Hodgkinson Cleaning Services
E: info@hcs-cheshire.co.uk
W: www.hcs-cheshire.co.uk
Twitter: @hcscheshire