Buckland

PowerClean Truckmount and Low Mileage Van
« on: September 09, 2012, 02:34:27 pm »
Have decided to see if we can get any reasonable offers for our back-up machine at the CIU Vanfest - the unit was put together in 2008 and installed by Trafalgar - neither the machine nor the van have done many miles (genuinely)! Mostly we have used the machine/van for hardfloors or for doing outdoor flat surfaces (using a Honda pw which is not included) - have used the TM/vac for pw with a Mosmatic but even though we upgraded the pump the pressure is not really sufficient to pw outdoors but indoors it does tile and grout etc very well indeed.

The combo will serve someone very well as a first excursion into tm carpet/uph cleaning at a very realistic price - the mechanics of the system are simple to maintain and all engine and other spares are readily available. Plus it is a water-cooled unit which is something we set out to find when we got this on.

Truckmount PowerClean Liquifire 445 - its a 27hp V-twin water-cooled Kawasaki driving a 45 blower and a Cat 5cp pump - it has dual wand capability with two vac ports and by using a solution line splitter - it can run 150 foot of 2 inch hose with no problem. There is an electric clutch on the pump and it will run fine for water extraction only, with the pump turned off - the engine is an FD6661 petrol unit and it has not run many hours -  not sure exactly but probably less than I bought it off a company who did fire and flood resto and it was mounted on a wooden pallet and they lifted it in and out of a transit whenever they needed serious vac for water damage work - mostly it sat in a corner of their unit. There is a header tank in the machine and a 100 litre water tank using a shurflo 12v but when doing carpets we just use direct supply and household pressure is fine for this purpose.

Van - Renault Master SL33 DCI swb - yes you've guessed it is an ex-brit gas van - but it has only done 42,000 and only had 32k on it when we got it - good tires and runs sweetly - these vans drive well and it feels tight and the weight is hardly noticeable. When the tm was installed the back axle was weighed at 900kg so well within limits. It is a 2188cc diesel and the gvw is 3300kg - not sure what the payload is but I think it is 1300kg. The tax runs out Jan and MOT in November.

To view it at the show call me on 07703 351355

Dave

Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

Buckland

Re: PowerClean Truckmount and Low Mileage Van
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:55:34 am »
Now comes the vital bit of information as I did not mention a price in the advert ABOVE - looking for first cash offer of £3950! Vans with same spec with double the mileage are selling for £3000 on Ebay

SO A GOOD QUALITY WATER-COOLED TRUCKMOUNT FOR £950 - BUT NO I AM NOT SELLING THE TM SEPARATELY - IF I DONT GET A GOOD OFFER I WILL PROBABLY KEEP THE MACHINE AND HAVE IT UPRATED TO RUN AT 3000PSI FOR PATIO/DECKS ETC WITH VACUUM (SAVES ON CLEAN UP!)

Also will be selling some used kit:

Wet floor wands - Gecko type x 2 - wanting £50 each

Metal Power Brush - male fitting - Same one as Ashbys are selling for £745 - wanting £150 for this

Plus other Bargains!

Ferenc G.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 03:52:10 pm »
How old is the van?

Dean Haywood

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 12:56:06 pm »
I may be interested in one of the hard floor wands, what type of head is with it, are the heads interchangeable?

PaulKing

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 07:38:29 pm »
love to see a picture of the machine and wands?
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Buckland

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 08:29:07 pm »
Had quite a few viewings at the Vanfest but no offers as yet. Its a 52 plate reg btw.

The hard floor wands are sold now but still have the metal powerbrush

Paul - have tried to upload piccies but so far no luck - annoying coz I have put pics up on this forum before but cant seem to repeat what I did then! There appears to be several ways to do it - none of which work...

PaulKing

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 05:11:37 am »
Might be worth hosting them on photo bucket or yahoo or such? Bigger audience and all that
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

richie

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 12:39:29 pm »
Tried to google that machine but theres no information at all about it and no pictures.  So if you can work out how to get pictures on here or via a link through photo bucket that would be great.....or email some to me please.  richiemaxx@gmail.com

Dennis

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 02:25:31 pm »
There is an easier way.  ;)

Buckland

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:45:07 pm »
thanks dennis how the frig did you do that?

Buckland

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 03:15:12 pm »
By the way - no rust on the machine (or the van for that matter as it has galvanised underneath as per all bg vehicles) - very well built steel frame and although it looks a bit dated it is probably only about ten years old and the Kawasaki engine has done not much work at all - there is a barcode on the engine so it should be possible to find out how old the engine is - the only problem I have had with it was the ignition coil - there are two and I replaced them both (same engine used in some small john deere farm vehicles and mule golf course trucks) the temperature is not very hot but I am sure this could be sorted easily.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 03:49:13 pm »
img code displays the actual picture
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Craigp

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 06:35:42 pm »

SELECT THE FILE AND WAIT,,,WAIT THEN WAIT, KEEP FAITH THE CODE WILL APPEAR IN THE MESSAGE BOX

sorry to shout but so many arent getting this uploading pictures.

I think the problem is theres no message saying its uploading, but you must wait as it IS  ;D

Buckland

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 07:46:30 pm »
Oh right thanks I think the problem was/is you have to have the cursor in the body text of the advert and then it will upload

By the way you may notice I have a water filter on the fresh water inlet to the TM this was something I started using after I got a tiny piece of gravel in the system which took me ages to sort...

Looking around at other systems on offer this is actually very cheap as it includes a little-used TM and a very decent van...

Buckland

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 08:04:22 pm »
OK I am taking this tm machine to Superservice near Wallingford (Oxfordshire) on Friday to see if its feasible to have it turned into a high pressure machine for tiled floors and outdoor hard surfaces - its not too late if you want a good, very cheap carpet TM in a good low mileage van

if anyone wants to see it and is fairly local to that area then give me a call

dave

Buckland

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 03:08:02 pm »
OK too late I have taken it to Superservice (very nice bloke called Bob) and he thinks he can turn it into a very high pressure machine - he has the van now for a week or so - might still be interested in offers but if none come I'm keeping it - some people dont know a good deal when they see it!!

Buckland

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 03:56:52 pm »
Ok popopickers I have this vehicle back and have spent close to 1000 of your english pounds on the upgrade - it is now a dogs danglies general purpose hard surface machine with high pressure (well easily over 2000psi or 140 bar high pressure - it wont cut concrete but it will clean it) and with vacuum - Bob worked his magic and installed a proper onboard watertank (self feed) and stripped out all the old hx gear which wasnt working properly anyway so it is watertight and sorted and ready to go to work for someone - I will now be asking 4500 (nil vat) for the machine and van including a new mot which happens on friday - so sorry if you thought after this time the price should have gone down - having run it for some time today and seen the work he has put in - we can now use our mosmatic cleaner attached to this machine and it is awesome (nearly takes off!!)

Reason for selling - I could keep it but I have a mind to set up a smaller carpet cleaning van in a connect/doblo or caddy type vehicle with one of the new triple vac electric machines on board and see how that does in the market place

So get yourself a well-sorted hard surface machine with vacuum and a decent van thrown in (no signage on van btw) for not much more than the cost of the average secondhand van

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 09:18:34 pm »
I have a jag for sale it's done approx 30 hours, I'm not interested in the van and tm as I've got my own but you could save some serious money on a new machine and this is like a new machine it's still clean!!!

Shaun

Buckland

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 10:49:52 pm »
Thanks Shaun - I'll bare that in mind! I would never give up being truckmounted while I was in carpet cleaning but I'd like to have a smaller vehicle set-up, a bit like the tank regiment have little tanks(?) for smaller jobs - I tried one of the Airflex machines recently and it was impressive. The CA machines are supposed to be very good but they look like they are made out of storage boxes or something - Apple are good makers of things because they look good and perform well, its part of a karma thing you know...mind you if its cheap? sod the looks! emma chisit?

dave

Paul Simpson

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 10:52:33 pm »
Apologies for jumping in, but how much you looking for Shaun?
I'm after something similar.

Contact@cleanlivingservices.co.uk

Buckland

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 03:33:59 pm »
Apologies accepted - it works as a bump and btw I asked him first - emma chisit?

Paul Simpson

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 05:07:46 pm »
Just worked out Emma Chisit ;D
Didn't realise you were asking, just read "I'll bear it mind"
If you don't take him up on it maybe Shaun could let me know?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 05:16:13 pm »
£2000

Shaun

Paul Simpson

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 05:31:12 pm »
Is it just the machine Shaun or any hoses/tools?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 06:41:30 pm »
The machine only I'm sure I can find you some vac and solution hose and a floor wand but it won't be new, the machine is as priced the ancillaries are free if you buy the machine.

Shaun

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 06:57:21 pm »
did you say free Shaun  :o

go and sit down in a dark room for an hour, you'll feeel normal again then  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 07:00:17 pm »
Must be having an off moment perhaps if I shorten the hoses down to an inch or 2 it may make me feel better.

Shaun

Ps why is it I can type the word free but I can't physically say it?

Buckland

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 03:06:38 pm »
Van now has new MoT which included brakes overhaul with new calipers - cost 400 quid - ouch!

Buckland

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2012, 04:36:35 pm »
Have recently got a virtually new SX15 (thanks Justin) which I have done a couple of interior jobs with it on this machine and it is really very impressive bit of kit - will strip and remove surface dirt off any, well surface (!) with the big blower it is possible to leave the floor virtually dry - it operates the SX much more affectively than the Mosmatic which just clamps to the ground and you find you are slowled by contsntly scrubbing around with the brush edge and their is no form of vac relief - so when you want to run it at higher pressures i.e. over 2000 psi the mosmatic is clamped to the ground - with an SX it floats around easily with hard floor rinfg or brush ring unless you have very bad lippage
I am not including the sx15 with the sale but just to say this is a very effective hard surface TM and good van for very low money plus you could also do carpets more than adequately...

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 09:18:59 pm »
Where are we with this sale?
How much for just the machine?

Buckland

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 10:56:40 pm »
Sorry Neil I fell asleep on the job - I would much prefer selling the two together and not having to brake it down/demount it - the fresh water tank is custom fitted - it is like a huge header tank but not very big as freshwater tanks go, it needs to be hosepipe fed - just thought it would appeal to a driveway/commercial flat surface cleaner - really impressive pressure with vacuum - you'd be surprised how much quicker it is to clean some surfaces outdoor when you also use vacuum

dave

Jon Tabbener

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 12:18:44 pm »
can this machine be used on carpets or is it just a hard floor tm now

Also how much are you asking now ?
Cleaner Carpets

Buckland

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 09:24:40 pm »
yes it can be used to clean carpets no problem as will work very well at lower pressures i.e. 400psi but we have removed the primary hx when the system was upgraded so water does not get very hot - but of course it will leave carpets very dry with long hose runs if needed - very powerful and well-sorted 27hp water-cooled engine truckmount - electric start and clutch pump allowing you to turn the pump off if needs be - for water extraction flood pump-out - fraction of cost of new system at 4500 - any trial or test - good low mileage van - dont have to sell it but would if the money was offered!