Slacky

Re: sole traders.....holidays...
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2019, 06:16:35 pm »
I really wouldnt want to say Daz, but take it from me,  its luxurious

dazmond

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2019, 06:17:47 pm »
err...i have got A FAMILY!my missus and 2 grown up kids(19 yr old stepdaughter and 26 year old stepson)and a dog.....i just dont live with them full time lads..... ;)....they all still live at home.....

Yeah but judging by the fact you've had 15 or so girlfriends in 20 years you won't have them long😱

ive been with her for nearly 7 years mate....i dont have 3 women on the go at the same time anymore....just the one these days ;D......my last girlfriend before her lasted 4 years before she got cancer.......but the years before that were crazy.......
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2019, 06:20:27 pm »
Glad you're in a nice long term relationship now Daz.
Hope things pan out for you.

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2019, 06:39:41 pm »
you can tell daz has no children.  ???
people can and do move on when they lose a spouse be it through death or marriage break down. often to even happier times .
a parent can move on after losing a child ... BUT.  they will NEVER be the same again !

Daz spent his earlier decades drugged and p*ssed up! Daz is now doing what everyone else did in their 20's ;D
Also, Daz will always find a way to publicly justify everything in his life. Daz has virtually zero assets for retirement and no children- he hasn't experienced what many of us have and thus will never know, hence his stupid comments at times!

you missed off the clubbing,music gigs, women and wild parties.....i dont regret a thing mate........ ;).....as for assets.....i dont need them as im going to the same place your going.......THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY......... 8)

You have a point. I suspect some of these skint, bored out their minds “family blokes” are secretly envious.  ;)

Of what? Not having the joy of a wife and children?
Or having no assets or pension and having to work till you drop? ;D

Wouldn’t know. I have both  8)

Shouldn’t you be jealously whinging at Lee Pryor?  ;)

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2019, 06:40:32 pm »
anyway back on topic....any other sole traders going on holiday this year? ;D

Yep. 4 weeks in South Africa. 1 week in Dubai. 2 weeks in Cornwall.

But not altogether sadly.  :'(

KS Cleaning

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2019, 06:57:06 pm »
anyway back on topic....any other sole traders going on holiday this year? ;D
Yep, 4 days Krakow in May.    2 weeks Cambrills, Spain, in July.     1 week Nissi Beach, Cyprus, in October

nathankaye

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2019, 07:57:24 pm »
Take it you haven't got teenagers yet then Nathan.  ;D

Yep, my kids from first marriage are 21 (step lad) and my girls are 17 n 18 (13months apart).  One self harming etc etc so they come with plenty of stress and worries that for sure.
Dont know if a good thing or not but they live with their mum (only 20 miles away mind you).
But, couldnt be without them.  Haha just looking forward to em maturing or getting past the teen idiot years n early 20's.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2019, 08:02:17 pm »
Hmmm  not like my break going camping "dads n the boys"   mums arent allowed!
So its a great lads camping away at wales!

Im just hoping the other lads are gonna help as my boys are 9 n 4 so not very helpful putting up a 8 birth tent.
Not quite luxurious 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2019, 10:19:07 pm »
I’m just back from Iceland.

I think if it’s a game of top trumps, then that place takes the biscuit when it comes to price.

Beautiful place, but a few weeks over there would put a huge dent in the savings.

Glad I only went for 4 days.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

John Mart

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2019, 06:33:24 am »
What’s apparent is how expensive any EU country is as a result of sterling crashing.

andyM

« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2019, 06:48:57 am »
What’s apparent is how expensive any EU country is as a result of sterling crashing.

Sterling has been poop for years.
And not just in comparison to the Euro.
One of the Plebs

deeege

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2019, 07:02:19 am »

The Ski resorts have always been a massive rip off just because they can basically charge what they like, captive audience. How’s the Skiing?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

tlwcs

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2019, 08:13:54 am »
I’m just back from Iceland.

I think if it’s a game of top trumps, then that place takes the biscuit when it comes to price.

Beautiful place, but a few weeks over there would put a huge dent in the savings.

Glad I only went for 4 days.

I go to Waitrose, it’s quite 5*
Only go once a week though
😁

John Mart

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2019, 06:11:11 am »

The Ski resorts have always been a massive rip off just because they can basically charge what they like, captive audience. How’s the Skiing?
First lesson today. The drive was torturous to be honest. I drove for 9 hours yesterday and 11 hours the day before.

John Mart

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2019, 06:14:20 am »

It’s dropped by about 15%. Remember francs? 9 francs to the pound. France used to be cheap.

Ooooooog

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2019, 06:20:43 pm »
Not a sole trader but I’m off to Scotland in May to go panning for gold!

Went to Cozumel Mexico last year. Very overrated.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2019, 06:35:59 pm »
3weeks at xmas
5days cycling trip end of feb
1week training course in london
2 weeks on a curise. and that takes me to june

so i just start where i left off  ;D

Where you going cycling?

I'll be taking my bike to Italy early April for a little blast into the dolomites (piancavallo)
majorca on a training camp  ;)  and no 5star luxury like dazmond ,this is £40 a night bed and breakfast and eveing meal ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice, will you be doing sa calobra? Looks an amazing climb that....im not particularly fit, just a weekend warrior, 50 miles is about my limit
normally we stay in palma and when we do calobra its a 100mile round trip,this year we staying at Pollensa so we can do top of island

Frankybadboy

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2019, 06:41:04 pm »

It’s dropped by about 15%. Remember francs? 9 francs to the pound. France used to be cheap.
you never ever been to paris then  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2019, 09:23:21 pm »
Wish I could take a a holiday, the business runs me though these days!

Steve.a

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2019, 06:06:11 am »
so what do you guys do?i just clean my scheduled work as normal until my holidays and start back where i left off when i come back...

ive heard of window cleaners trying to squeeze work in earlier so they dont lose money while their away or skipping jobs out altogether when they come back... ::)roll...i couldnt be arsed with that myself.....keep it simple is my motto....

i normally only go away for a week at a time but booked 10 days this time as im taking my missus to mexico(riviera maya) this year(gourmet all inclusive 5 star hotel)right on the edge of a tropical jungle....... 8)......cant wait..... :)

Would that be The Azul Beach, by Karisma.
Went there last year.