Stoots

Re: sole traders.....holidays...
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2019, 08:15:57 am »
Actually when you think about it, the fact everyone is going to die and every thing good is going to end eventually is not depressing at all

It's quite liberating.....to realise that nothing really matters. That's what I like about buddhism, everything just "is" they don't judge good or bad or death etc just observe it without judgement, it's actually the opposite of depressing when you think about it....poop just happens don't get emotionally thrown out by it.

Of course in the real world we get so attached to our lives when the van breaks down etc we get so drained by it...when really it doesn't matter at all because we are going to die anyway ..why worry about anything

james peters

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2019, 08:17:59 am »
you can tell daz has no children.  ???
people can and do move on when they lose a spouse be it through death or marriage break down. often to even happier times .
a parent can move on after losing a child ... BUT.  they will NEVER be the same again !

Jonny 87

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2019, 08:51:24 am »
Dreamliner is brilliant, it seriously is a nice way to fly.
When they stop serving the all inclusive drinks, just pop up the back, open the curtain and ask for another drink.
Not that i'm an alchy or nothing.  ;D

Don't worry about the missus thinking you're gonna propose, you're fine there mate!
She knows the only loves in your life are the hot water system and those heated seats... ;D

i dont drink but im looking forward to having some extra leg room as im 6ft 2in and 18 stone! ;)

as for getting married....why bother?another bandmates marriage has broken up.....the bass players and now the keyboard players....he s not in a good place right now.. :(

your best off on your own with your own place,anything else is a bonus..... :)....thats my motto...ive lived on my own for 20 years and had around 15 girlfriends in that time....perfect..... :D

No need to be married but people in long term relationships tend to be happier,  Iv a friend who's wife passed away a while back after 30 years of marriage, I don't think he will ever be in  a good place again but for him the 30 years he had with his wife where well worth it.

you should never get TOO attached to anybody in your life as they all die eventually.......yes remember the good times with them but move on and create a new different life for yourself once the grief subsides.....the problem is some people stay in that grief for many years and dont move on.... ::)roll....which does you no good at all..... :(

I think this is the most depressing comment on CIU I’ve ever read.

Daz....... please never take up motivational speaking.

its not depressing mate...its a fact of life....we are all gonna die...its what they teach you in buddhism......detach.........so dont be surprised when it happens.......4 lads i grew up with,one was once a very good friend.....all dead now....all in the late 30s/mid 40s.....

The Dalia Lama goes into to dominoes pizza............after a while looking at the boards and menus he says............ “can you make me one with everything.”
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Slacky

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2019, 09:03:14 am »
I'm off skiing today. Not sure it competes with Mexico mind.

i never understand why people go skiing...do you enjoy it?or are you only going cos your missus wants to do it?

Skiing?

Some people need their heads tested. Holidays are meant to be when you go away somewhere hot. Really hot!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2019, 09:22:25 am »
people can and do move on when they lose a spouse be it through death or marriage break down. often to even happier times .
a parent can move on after losing a child ... BUT.  they will NEVER be the same again !

Daz spent his earlier decades drugged and p*ssed up! Daz is now doing what everyone else did in their 20's ;D
Also, Daz will always find a way to publicly justify everything in his life. Daz has virtually zero assets for retirement and no children- he hasn't experienced what many of us have and thus will never know, hence his stupid comments at times!
Comfortably Numb!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2019, 09:30:30 am »
When they stop serving the all inclusive drinks, just pop up the back, open the curtain and ask for another drink.

Don't worry about the missus thinking you're gonna propose, you're fine there mate!
She knows the only loves in your life are the hot water system and those heated seats... ;D

i dont drink but im looking forward to having some extra leg room as im 6ft 2in and 18 stone! ;)

as for getting married....why bother?another bandmates marriage has broken up.....the bass players and now the keyboard players....he s not in a good place right now.. :(

your best off on your own with your own place,anything else is a bonus..... :)....thats my motto...ive lived on my own for 20 years and had around 15 girlfriends in that time....perfect..... :D

Stan Laurel said when asked by Ollie, "Are you getting married again?"
No, I'll just find a woman I dislike and buy her a house
😂😂😂😂😂😂

jonboywalton75

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2019, 09:33:41 am »

No need to be married but people in long term relationships tend to be happier,  Iv a friend who's wife passed away a while back after 30 years of marriage, I don't think he will ever be in  a good place again but for him the 30 years he had with his wife where well worth it.

I've been married 42 years, wouldn't be without her
She's saved me from myself😂😂
I was very fortunate when I found my Val😍😍😍😍

jonboywalton75

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2019, 09:40:46 am »

I've been married 42 years, wouldn't be without her
She's saved me from myself😂😂
I was very fortunate when I found my Val😍😍😍😍

Also I have two sons, both in their thirties.
We go to concerts, footy matches and all manner of other things together.
My youngest son is getting 2 tickets for Liverpool (he's a red) versus Spurs (she's a Tottenham fan) and he's taking his mum.
Family life, can't beat it if you ask me

dazmond

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2019, 02:43:13 pm »

Daz spent his earlier decades drugged and p*ssed up! Daz is now doing what everyone else did in their 20's ;D
Also, Daz will always find a way to publicly justify everything in his life. Daz has virtually zero assets for retirement and no children- he hasn't experienced what many of us have and thus will never know, hence his stupid comments at times!

you missed off the clubbing,music gigs, women and wild parties.....i dont regret a thing mate........ ;).....as for assets.....i dont need them as im going to the same place your going.......THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY......... 8)
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2019, 04:28:18 pm »

you missed off the clubbing,music gigs, women and wild parties.....i dont regret a thing mate........ ;).....as for assets.....i dont need them as im going to the same place your going.......THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY......... 8)

You have a point. I suspect some of these skint, bored out their minds “family blokes” are secretly envious.  ;)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2019, 04:40:07 pm »

You have a point. I suspect some of these skint, bored out their minds “family blokes” are secretly envious.  ;)

Of what? Not having the joy of a wife and children?
Or having no assets or pension and having to work till you drop? ;D
Comfortably Numb!

nathankaye

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2019, 05:09:53 pm »

I was married for 11yrs and together for 12 n half and then in 2010 got divorced and moved into a one bed flat. So i went from married with 3 kids and my own house to a very quiet flat. By 2014 was remarried and expecting our first baby together. 

So spent a wee bit of time as a batchelor again. I enjoyed being able to do whatever i wanted and whenever i wanted to do so etc. But i couldnt stay like that, i enjoy the joys of being married and a family.

If someone hasnt had the joy of a family (even with stresses of a family life) dont know what they are missing and therefore it doesnt compute.

A bit like trad guys slagging off wfp and then when they go onto it,  they wish they had done so sooner!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2019, 05:17:53 pm »
Take it you haven't got teenagers yet then Nathan.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2019, 05:26:45 pm »
err...i have got A FAMILY!my missus and 2 grown up kids(19 yr old stepdaughter and 26 year old stepson)and a dog.....i just dont live with them full time lads..... ;)....they all still live at home.....

dazmond

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2019, 05:35:30 pm »

Of what? Not having the joy of a wife and children?
Or having no assets or pension and having to work till you drop? ;D

err.....i have got a missus and grown up kids...ill have a state pension and savings of around £200k when i retire(if i live that long).ill also have moved in with the missus by then and the kids will have flown the nest and her house will be paid off.....ill work until i can no longer physically do the job but cut down my hours to suit..... :)

dazmond

« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2019, 05:40:29 pm »
anyway back on topic....any other sole traders going on holiday this year? ;D

Slacky

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2019, 06:03:27 pm »

Yup. Off in 5 weeks.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2019, 06:12:39 pm »
err...i have got A FAMILY!my missus and 2 grown up kids(19 yr old stepdaughter and 26 year old stepson)and a dog.....i just dont live with them full time lads..... ;)....they all still live at home.....

Yeah but judging by the fact you've had 15 or so girlfriends in 20 years you won't have them long😱

dazmond

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2019, 06:14:18 pm »

Yup. Off in 5 weeks.

where to this time matt?i wont be going back to egypt ....my missus really didnt like it and we couldnt go ANYWHERE!no trips to the pyramids/valleys of the kings,etc,etc....too dangerous...... :(

jonboywalton75

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2019, 06:15:39 pm »

Yup. Off in 5 weeks.

Where do you live and will your house be empty while you're away????