pingu

Re: Whats your biggest problem with WC?
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 12:53:22 pm »
. Late payers
. Motivation
. Weather
. Boredom
. Spider/snail/fly/wilderbeast spit/poo
. That bird at number 56 who thinks I can walk on water and clean that window!
. 19% VAT
. Income tax
. The million and 1 insurance's I have to pay

steven ainger

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 12:59:01 pm »
1- motivation
2- weather
3- snagged hose
4- aches n pains
5- the odd pita custy

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 01:46:45 pm »
11.when ur dying for a pee and all ur custys are in offering u cups of tea when u just want them to go out so u can take a pee in their grid round the back.dont say u havent done it.we all have at some point ;D

12.will u just take that ivy out of gutters while ur there?heres the secatuers?can u fix the skydish?ill give u an extra 2quid for ur trouble

13.low sun in sky while u go collecting and u see a birds cacked on the window AFTER uv cleaned them

14.miserable selfish people who never give u the time of day when its freezin and their makin a brew in kitchen and uv not had a brew all morning

15.custys who watch u clean the windows then when uv finished go upstairs and spend 10mins gettin ur money
price higher/work harder!

simon knight

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 01:56:11 pm »
11.when ur dying for a pee and all ur custys are in offering u cups of tea when u just want them to go out so u can take a pee in their grid round the back.dont say u havent done it.we all have at some point ;D

Er...why don't you just say "Sorry Mrs Smith can I use your loo please"? instead of slashing in their garden like some kind of ferral cat  ;D

Mind you, saying "Sorry Mrs Smith can I use your loo please"? and then having an almightly smelly dump is a bit of a liberty  ;D ;D

JSMC

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 02:10:02 pm »
1. motivation
2. getting decent work

nothing else really gets to me much these days.

daz1977

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 03:09:28 pm »
thank god other people have probs with motivation, i thought it was just me, i find that the first house is hardest to do then after that i am ok all day

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 03:13:22 pm »
Stay off the prunes.

This seems to go with the bit about not being able to fit your wallet in the back pocket  ;D

JSMC

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2009, 04:13:32 pm »
thank god other people have probs with motivation, i thought it was just me, i find that the first house is hardest to do then after that i am ok all day

find myself easing off around 2-3pm quite a bit

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 04:48:39 pm »
I find myself starting at 2-3 pm quite a bit

windowswashed

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 04:56:28 pm »
1. persistent late payers (dumped)
2. paperwork (life's a bitch)
3. banking cheques (pass on to g/friend)
4 bad payers (collected and dumped)
5. Customers moving house when sold without informing me. (re-canvass new customer)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 05:12:57 pm »
1.Weather
2.Hose snagging

Nothing much else really at the mo'

All other pains/niggles are related to these two!

pingu

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 06:09:20 pm »
Motivation...ehm...I supose loads of us do suffer from motivation/lack and I would imagine to a certain extent lonleyness...

So how's about you lot...and I mean those in the U.K..why don't you all get together and do a sms/photo competition....

So this week the 1st competition is to photograph the 1st Red Robin and then sms all those on the 'sms list' the winner has to post that photo on the 'competition' thread here on CIU...the winner then gets to pick the next subject...

Just a thought but it could provide a little light relief during the weeks...

Cheers
Dave.

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 06:51:54 pm »
Stay off the prunes.

This seems to go with the bit about not being able to fit your wallet in the back pocket  ;D

You could have a point there  ;)

simon knight

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 06:54:14 pm »
A lot of people seem to list motivation as a problem.

Think on this:

If you had a boss who wanted you in at 8.30 your motivation would be to get there for 8.30 or risk losing your job.

Since I've been self-employed I've made it my business to be my own task master.

It's always tempting to look out the window at 7am and think "it looks like rain, best I stay indoors and perhaps venture out mid-morning if it doesn't rain".

If you had a boss and suggested that he'd say: "OI!!! get yer lazy arse here and OK if it rains then you go home".

For myself I find Cheltenham & Gloucester a good enough motivator >:(

...and BT and EDF and Sky and Thames Water and Wandsworth Borough Council and Black Horse Home Insurance and and and and..the effing list is endless >:(

Sean Dyer

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 07:04:01 pm »
very true simon, the trouble is there is no boss and it makes a world of difference most weeks i am great but sometimes, it easy if your that way inclined to take it easy and not push yourself!

besides i though you didnt work in the rain?

simon knight

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 07:10:16 pm »
very true simon, the trouble is there is no boss and it makes a world of difference most weeks i am great but sometimes, it easy if your that way inclined to take it easy and not push yourself!

besides i though you didnt work in the rain?

Quite right I don't work in rain. But I NEVER stay indoors because it "might" rain.