KINGAKNAA

Whats wrong WFP??
« on: February 28, 2007, 10:18:00 am »
Ok, so got all my gear sorted. TDS is 000. Using Shurflo backpack. Done my own windows 3 times and they are worse than when I started. Spotting and runs all over. Checked the forum and tried different things. Cleaning frames, then windows, loads of rinsing, side to side, up and down, waterfall rinsing.

I'm guessing its my technique???? Really want to get cracking on WFP but aint got the confidence and I dont want to start on custys houses... :'(
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

pjulk

Re: Whats wrong WFP??
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 10:23:12 am »
Do you have air vent in the windows as they can cause problems.

Try using a fairly high flow and rinse well.

Rinsing is the answer to most problems.

I never get my own windows perfect either and i have been WFP for 2 years.
The problem with mine is though that the seal on the double glazed windows have the split at the top and water gets in there and i get a run of spots most times from the split.

Paul

KINGAKNAA

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:28:22 am »
Thanks Paul, I have tried settings 2,3 and 4. The last clean I did I used setting 4.

I have spots on all windows, I have double glazed and wood framed. I stay away from the vents on the d-glazed.. ;)

So frustrating... ???

gonna have another bash.... ::)
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

Helen

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 12:09:14 pm »
could be your wood frames causing the problems here, are they well kept or do they need some work done to them?

KINGAKNAA

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 01:02:52 pm »
frames are ok condition Helen thanks. But I have the exact same probs on double glazing??? :'(
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 01:28:10 pm »
Thanks Paul, I have tried settings 2,3 and 4. The last clean I did I used setting 4.

I have spots on all windows, I have double glazed and wood framed. I stay away from the vents on the d-glazed.. ;)

So frustrating... ???

gonna have another bash.... ::)
Try turning your flow down to No1 setting. and give it a gentle rinse, are you using fan or pencil Jets?

john tomkins

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 01:55:09 pm »
One of the first goes I had at WFP was cleaning my parents house, must have done em 20+ times now and I still can't get em perfect, always white spots in runs down the window, I reckon its the rubber seals breaking down so won't come right :(

Try another house and you might have more luck ;)

KINGAKNAA

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 02:26:19 pm »
Jeff, I'm using pencil jets. Will try that no.1 setting. Owts worth a go.... ::)

Gonna do our kids house so see how that turns out.

cheers
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 03:02:30 pm »
Jeff, I'm using pencil jets. Will try that no.1 setting. Owts worth a go.... ::)

Gonna do our kids house so see how that turns out.

cheers
Glad to hear its pencil, until your used to it fan jets can give an overspray, that can cause you problems.

I also cleaned my own windows as the first trial Job, and I got good results with some windows, but with others, they were a real mess, Just try some one elses house, to see how you get on.
Hope all goes well for you.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 06:55:36 pm »
Hi

When I first started with WFPing I practiced on my sisters windows. The windows always spotted. Just couldn’t get them right. I tried all the suggestions from here on the forum with no joy. It wasn’t until I tried my technique on another house that I got any results.

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

JM123

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 12:31:11 am »
with wooden frames I don't rinse right up to the top, just from about 1cm below.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

KINGAKNAA

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 04:26:48 pm »
Happy days. Done our kids, a mates and mine. Our kids and mates were first cleans and I only had one window that spotted/ran from top. Gave it plenty rinsing, our kids on 4 and mates on 2. Both canny. Did mine on return home and guess what, bloody lovely they are too...apart from a little dribble on 1 window... :-\

My technique is all over the place though. Back and forward to backpack to turn off/on. Could really do with an inline shutoff on pole tubing I think.

Soaked frames, water off, scrub, rinse frames. Next window same. Back to first window, glass, scrub, rinse...and on and on.

great feeilng knowing i'm not a total numpty.. ;D

Thanks for all the advice.... 8)

Jim....I do quite a few council houses with rotten wooden frames, worse thing you can do is get water in the top of the frame, never stops running.... >:(
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 05:08:42 pm »
My technique is all over the place though. Back and forward to backpack to turn off/on. Could really do with an inline shutoff on pole tubing I think.

I use a pole with an exterior pole hose; and the pole hose is really flexible (it's Ionics) which means I can just nip the hose and the pump stops.

It makes a massive difference.

When moving the pole and backpack, I'll nip the hose, lift the backpack and pole and just walk to the next area.  I then drop the backpack and release the hose and start cleaning again; it's less fannying about with the on/off button.

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 06:30:41 pm »

I use a pole with an exterior pole hose; and the pole hose is really flexible (it's Ionics) which means I can just nip the hose and the pump stops.

When moving the pole and backpack, I'll nip the hose, lift the backpack and pole and just walk to the next area.  I then drop the backpack and release the hose and start cleaning again; it's less fannying about with the on/off button.

Tosh, why not put a trigger on the end of your pole, i have. Its a numatic trigger that Gaz reccommended & it great, saves loads of water & easy to use.

Macc

Tosh

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 06:37:17 pm »

Tosh, why not put a trigger on the end of your pole, i have. Its a numatic trigger that Gaz reccommended & it great, saves loads of water & easy to use.

Macc

Macc,

I use an exterior pole hose is which is class, especially when you use one of those poles where you add or remove sections as necessary.

Not only that; how easy is it to bend a bit of hose?  It's no problem; honest.

It's like having one of those 'triggers' everywhere where there's a bit of hose to grab onto.  On some jobs, I'll nip the hose; keep hold of it and re-fill the backpack; still holding the hose - pump switched off - and then crack on back to work.

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 06:40:03 pm »
I can see where your coming from Tosh, it works for you so thats great,  ;D.

Macc

KINGAKNAA

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 07:20:07 pm »
Tosh, I read your post when you first started on WFP cos I knew you had a backpack. Some helpful hints as you were encountering problems. Did try the nip the tube trick, but was thinking of something more permanent. like an on/off valve. I use the trigger that came with the backpack for on/off switching. But its walking back to pack to turn it off... :-\

Took so long today cos I was going from front to back of house for frames then front to back for windows, obviously on the next clean I will be quicker.. 8)
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

billygoat

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 10:57:55 pm »
Hi,don't know if this will help, but I use two hozelock flow valves,fit one on my hose right near the backpack and the other up by the brush,it works a treat.

You can get them for about £3.00 from most garden centres.