trippyboy

Re: Lpg van insurance
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 02:22:15 pm »
Alexander Swan will insure me with LPG and naked flame hot water system.
They are more expensive than what I'm paying now but there again im increasing the risk with gas.
So looks like I'll be going with them .
£678 per year...

jonny thompson

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 03:30:19 pm »
I use a plan lots cheaper than Alexandra swan

trippyboy

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 04:33:34 pm »
I use a plan lots cheaper than Alexandra swan
they cover naked flame?

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 07:38:33 pm »
They are more expensive than what I'm paying now but there again im increasing the risk with gas.
£678 per year...

id get rid of it trippy.i thought mine was all set up nice and tight then BOOM!s*** the life out of me!! :o :o
price higher/work harder!

Tosh

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2017, 07:45:33 pm »
So, what happened then Daz? Dodgy seal?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2017, 08:12:11 pm »

no idea.all my fittings were nice and tight and i always spray the gas bottle with a soapy solution when fitting the gas regulator to a new bottle and spray the gas inlet too.....nothing....no bubbles.....zilch. ::)roll

Tosh

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2017, 08:15:27 pm »
When I had this happen there was obviously a build up of gas in the rear of the van. I don’t understand what happened exactly, but what happened was I opened the vans rear doors and there was what I can only describe as a huge flash from inside the van. Really big and unexpected. I don’t remember any noise just a huge flash. It was over before it even seemed to have started.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

trippyboy

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2017, 08:48:18 pm »
When I had this happen there was obviously a build up of gas in the rear of the van. I don’t understand what happened exactly, but what happened was I opened the vans rear doors and there was what I can only describe as a huge flash from inside the van. Really big and unexpected. I don’t remember any noise just a huge flash. It was over before it even seemed to have started.
what was you smoking that day Mr B?

Tosh

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2017, 08:57:39 pm »
Bum gases afterwards.

Dave Willis

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2017, 09:05:30 pm »

no idea.all my fittings were nice and tight and i always spray the gas bottle with a soapy solution when fitting the gas regulator to a new bottle and spray the gas inlet too.....nothing....no bubbles.....zilch. ::)roll

sounds like the boiler was still hot and allowing enough gas out to ignite it but the batteries were not producing a strong enough spark. Then eventually the excess gas went poof!

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2017, 07:31:01 am »

sounds like the boiler was still hot and allowing enough gas out to ignite it but the batteries were not producing a strong enough spark. Then eventually the excess gas went poof!

i put fresh new batteries in it when i fitted it in the van the other week Dave as the old ones were not strong enough anymore.

Smurf

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2017, 12:04:53 pm »
Not being  funny but could you not smell gas before it went poof?
L5's are notorious for bad ignition and flame out on the least bit of wind too.
I don't no why you where still using that crappy heater. lol

Frankybadboy

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2017, 06:24:40 pm »
£678 per year...
thats double what i pay for a new bloody van without a lpg

but there again your earn that in a day with one bag of resin lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D