trippyboy

Split charge relay
« on: December 04, 2016, 09:01:26 am »
After 5 years my split charge relay started to get very hot yesterday and started to smoke
I wasn't the one to fit this originally, a young fella supplied it and fitted it for 20 quid, i know absolutely nothing about auto electrics and the fella who fitted the first one has long gone.
I have a citroen dispatch 2007 onwards 2 litre .
Can anyone advise me what i need to buy or put a link up?
At the moment it only powers up the leisure battery which powers up the pump and controller.
I may get a power up reel soon aswell.
Cheers Trippy

dave f

Re: Split charge relay
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 09:26:54 am »
get a durite split charger very easy to fit not joking you can get them in kit form or just the rely I got mine on fleabay  just the charger was 35 quid aprox depending on what kit you get depends on if you want wires connectors e.t.c

simon w

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:36:56 am »
These Guy's will sort you out Trippy and I believe their local for you? they have fitted several for myself over the years and are happy to take on rewiring jobs and electrical and pump improvements to WFP systems. They are fair with their pricing also.

www.sparksautoelectrical.co.uk

P.S there's a good cafe across the road and up a bit if you have to wait for the work to be done  ;)

Don Kee

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 11:30:28 am »
I've got a spare unopened intelligent split charger knocking about if you want it Trip (relay, fuses, wiring etc...)

Intructions for fitting are in the pack, you should be able to fit  it yourself (its an intelligent relay, so no connection to alternator)

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 11:39:15 am »
as above get yourself a durite intel relay, absolute doddle to wire up and theyre great, theres a guy on ebay whos called simplysplitcharge and he sells a full kit of you want to order new quality wiring too 8)

trippyboy

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 05:00:24 pm »
Thanks for all your help guys.
Simon i have the van booked in first thing tomorrow at Sparks St George.

simon w

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 06:23:39 pm »
Thanks for all your help guys.
Simon i have the van booked in first thing tomorrow at Sparks St George.

You'll find the time for a full English in the caff across the road then  :D  ;)