trippyboy

Gardiner smart clamp ships???
« on: March 20, 2015, 09:40:32 pm »
What are they???
Iam trying to buy some section two clamps from the mark 1 Gardiner slx but see they are now discontinued, so I need to by the smart clamp instead, but I note they sell these shims, what are they and do I need to order any? shims not ships lol
cheers
trippy

Tom White

Re: Gardiner smart clamp ships???
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 09:49:01 pm »
Why don't you help us out by posting a link, Tripster, then we can work out what you're trying to communicate.

trippyboy

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 10:08:15 pm »
I reckon this is the one you want:

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/pole-spares-sections/pole-clamps/gardiner-smart-clamp-complete-assembly.html

Section 1 clamp is the one that's (sometimes) right at the top of the pole; sometimes the brush head is fitted into it.  You won't want this one.

Section 2 clamp is the first one that you'd use to lower/raise the pole.

Section 3 clamp is the clamp under Section 2.

I think it'd be Section 3 clamp you're after, but I'd give Gardiner's a ring to confirm.

trippyboy

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:16:29 pm »
Thanks Tosh I think you misunderstood my question mate, im aware of where all the clamps go and numeral order, I was just wondering what a shim was? If you look at the Gardiner link I put up you will see what is described as a shim half way down the page, I ordered one anyway lol, cheers anyway

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 10:22:33 pm »
A shim is the little curved piece of plastic that hugs the curved opening/closing part of the clamp.

The black part in this pic

We look at them, they look through them.

trippyboy

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 10:40:56 pm »
A shim is the little curved piece of plastic that hugs the curved opening/closing part of the clamp.

The black part in this pic

Thanks for explaining that mate

slap bash

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 11:32:22 am »
They are a Delron shim which must be there in the smart clamp as they help with wear on the lever.