trippyboy

Best detergent
« on: February 06, 2015, 08:43:54 pm »
Done on inside clean today, hate doing them with vengeance but from time to time we gotta do em  >:(
The low sun was shinning through the glass , worst conditions for inside cleans I know.
I was trad for 14 years and can do it blindfolded but today after I stepped back I could see the grease on the glass from the fairy.
What do you guys use these days for detergent that glides well but isn't greasy like fairy?

rosskesava

Re: Best detergent
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 08:50:06 pm »
Titan gg3 or gg4.

No smears even in low sunlight.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

trippyboy

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 09:00:10 pm »
Titan gg3 or gg4.

cheers mate, where can I buy this stuff? and whats the difference between gg3 and gg4?

the king

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 09:04:07 pm »
ive tryed prity mch every thing gg3 gg4 flash vinigar all washing up liquid ect an i dont think u can beat persil or magnum from aldi it also depends what rubber u use i like soft rubbers mormons i use an the magnum with them as it has beta slip but if i juse unger soft or ettore soft ect ide use persil

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 09:11:55 pm »
Titan gg3 or gg4.

cheers mate, where can I buy this stuff? and whats the difference between gg3 and gg4?

Cleaning Spot sell it. Just type in GG3 or GG4 into the search engine.

http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000002.pl?SS=gg3&search.x=0&search.y=0&page=search&PR=-1&TB=A

Other cleaning suppliers sell it as well. They're all the same price though.

GG3 is for soft water and GG4 is for hard water, or is it the other way round?

Ettore Squeegee Off is also quite good but personally I prefer GG4.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 12:28:31 am »
Fairy is a degreaser it doesn't leave grease.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Spursboy1972

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 08:31:57 am »
I love GG3/4 but if you're not fully confident with squeegee maybe get some Sorbo Glide and just add a capful to your bucket..
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

ChumBucket

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 09:09:26 am »
Ettore squeegee off for me.

slap bash

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 10:13:20 am »
I have watched Poles and blades on you tube. He suggested putting more detergent in the water so that it holds the water against the window frames and does not allow the water to run down the side of the frames. This was another one of these thing we are told not to do  ( only a small amount of soap) but believe me more soap is better. This has improved my trad greatly.

Jakey boy

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 10:16:00 am »
I have watched Poles and blades on you tube. He suggested putting more detergent in the water so that it holds the water against the window frames and does not allow the water to run down the side of the frames. This was another one of these thing we are told not to do  ( only a small amount of soap) but believe me more soap is better. This has improved my trad greatly.

Yeah just loads of fairy liquid works best for me, lasts all day as well, I use a fair amount for that reason above as well

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 10:22:06 am »
Fairy is good of you want windows to get dirty quicker.

It leaves a invisible layer on the glass that within a few days will have a layer of dust and dirt attracted to it.

Gg4 is the best for trad I've used.

Ecover a close second.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 01:19:37 pm »
gg3 and a squirt of B&Q " HG window cleaner"(i think its the same as squeegee off they used to sell.just rebranded).

great shine and slip and no streaks!the B&Q detergent adds a few more suds/slip.

gg3(glass gleam3)is suitable for soft water or pure water and gg4 is for hard water.
price higher/work harder!

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 12:27:03 am »
Done on inside clean today, hate doing them with vengeance but from time to time we gotta do em  >:(
The low sun was shinning through the glass , worst conditions for inside cleans I know.
I was trad for 14 years and can do it blindfolded but today after I stepped back I could see the grease on the glass from the fairy.
What do you guys use these days for detergent that glides well but isn't greasy like fairy?
Hi trippyboy, from my experience on insides i would always use a damp microcleaning pad just with water to deep clean and remove any residues left on the glass from additives like wash up liquids or traditional glass/mirror cleaners, then i would detail with a damp good quality microfiber cloth just with water and finally polish off with a dry good quality microfiber to achieve a perfect smear free finish, i find this method to be very effective and you won't have to worry about the sun showing up any residues.

CleanClear

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 12:34:13 am »

A wetter mop.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 01:11:03 am »
Hi trippyboy, from my experience on insides i would always use a damp microcleaning pad just with water to deep clean and remove any residues left on the glass from additives like wash up liquids or traditional glass/mirror cleaners, then i would detail with a damp good quality microfiber cloth just with water and finally polish off with a dry good quality microfiber to achieve a perfect smear free finish, i find this method to be very effective and you won't have to worry about the sun showing up any residues.

I took over cleaning a shop from a windie who had, sadly, hit the booze big time. He had cleaned the shop windows for years upon years upon years with good old fairy. As it was/is easier and quicker to do the place wfp I used/use that. 8 weeks on and the bubbles are still coming off the glass but nothing like they were to start with. The 1st week it was windy and the bubbles coming off blew away in the wind.

Detergent contains glycerol or glycerine and also usually silicone. Both of which will leave smears. It's a fact. Look at any window cleaned with detergent in low sunlight and it will be all smears.

Inside glass doesn't tend to be cleaned as often as the outside but the same principle applies although to a much lesser degree.