Dave Willis

Re: This guttervac seems too cheap
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 05:57:08 pm »
I've got both. 3600w is just too big and heavy to cart about all day. Nilfisk does the job ok'ish but won't lift a broken tile. Idealy need a 3600 head on a Nilfisk body.

C o z y

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 06:09:46 pm »
Nilfisk won't suck sods out very well - not like a 3600w vac does. Also has a pretty poor inlet as standard too.

I haven't done too badly with it really Dave, sacked out a two metre long clod of grass today in two parts  :DI know it won't be as powerful as the one you've got but it's earning me a good score at the moment, enough to put away and then think of buying a better one perhaps.

Good attitude mate
No still don't understand, I must be thick

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 06:17:25 pm »
Omnipole gutter vac 4200 watts sucks out everything!
Jamie

Plankton

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 08:44:39 pm »
WTF £750 for a hoover, anything but cheap. Now at £445 I could be tempted if I was flush. But I'm not so it's the ladder for me and if it's unsafe I don't touch it. simples :)
£445 would get me a new roof ladder, harness, helmet, rope, carabiners etc
How much are folks charging per metre to justify paying for these.
£3 a meter,£445 won't give you a new leg or worse, a new life!!!
Same prices as myself but I have one area where practically every second house has overgrown gutters. Now these are overgrown for a reason, they just don't want to part with £50, that's £50 for the length of gutters but when they are so bad I probably won't touch them for that price as the down pipes will be clogged and need to be removed to clear them.
Would the 3000w vac clear the gutters when they are as bad.

Down pipes need to be removed to clear them? Why make it hard when all you need to do is run water down it with a garden hose if really blocked ?
I'll rephrase that. The bend below the running outlet that attaches to the down pipe if blocked may need to removed. Forcing it downwards will only lead to another problem and a bit cowboy ish!

CleanClear

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 11:47:14 pm »
Nilfisk won't suck sods out very well - not like a 3600w vac does. Also has a pretty poor inlet as standard too.

Dave is your 3600w the Kiam one ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 07:16:16 am »
Can't remember what it is. I had an ISSA one and have the Eastern Trading one both similar - three motors. I think one is 3200w and the other was 3600w. Both had crappy trolleys and are too big to keep in the van.

Local guy to me has a skyvac I think (and a massive van) -has a much better trolley on it, might be a big Nilfisk and has the bigger inlet fitted.