SeanK

Re: Those who dont work in rain
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2014, 09:56:55 am »
Again isn't it funny how its always the guys who claim to earn a fortune daily that cant seem to lose a
day for fear of going bankrupt.
Or is it what I truly suspect, as with their earnings its nothing more than big talk.

Perhaps it is that because they have so much work that days lost mean getting behind schedule? I suspect that the majority that don't work in the rain don't have full rounds so they aren't actually losing anything.

So the answer is to have a little less better paid work so that your not forced to work in all weathers.
But then again isn't this what these guys claim to have.

Mick Kent

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 10:08:38 am »
Again isn't it funny how its always the guys who claim to earn a fortune daily that cant seem to lose a
Or is it what I truly suspect, as with their earnings its nothing more than big talk.

I cant work out who your refering too?? Some verey honest answeres in this post! There is no "i am" talk here is there.
Miserable git  ;D

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2014, 10:11:28 am »
I don't like to work in the rain
Last Friday was heavy bursts of showers followed by sunny periods so I worked between them and sat in the van when it rained. Prior to that there were very heavy and blustery winds so I re scheduled my seafront properties to this week ( did them yesterday ) Monday this week it rained all day non stop so i stayed home.
I would probably have recieved complaints from a few, turned away, as a result got less work done and had to return on a dry day to a few messing up my round schedule further and costing more in diesel.
Its more to do with knowing your round and your customers and what is acceptable.
I have been working my round long enough that I know which properties will be adversely affected by different weather and which customers are likely to be fussy and plan or re schedule accordingly.
If its a pig of a day and lashing it down I think its sensible to ask yourself the question " would I pay for this ?"

Mick Kent

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 10:12:15 am »
Not working in the rain has meant I can now sit on my computer on this bright sunny day sipping a cuppa, off the tools. Work that one out!  8)
Im working of course!
Printing off leaflets that dont work.
Whats the point!

Are you and vin related?? You both say the same reverse sarcastic rubbish all the time about leaflets etc.. Oooooo leaflets dont work oooooo leaflets dont work..zzzzzzzzzz

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 10:15:39 am »
Your the only one who bites!  ;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2014, 10:23:30 am »
You wont reel me in here mr kent  :)

SeanK

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2014, 10:26:09 am »

I cant work out who your refering too?? Some verey honest answeres in this post! There is no "i am" talk here is there.
Miserable git  ;D

Did I say there was any " I am " talk on this post I was referring to previous posts made on other topics across this
forum.
As for the miserable git comment, o.k. I cant disagree with you on that one.

windowswashed

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 05:43:18 pm »
Some people don't like you cleaning their windows in the rain, others don't mind and some people work your hours and wouldn't even realise you've been. Commercial aint too bothered. Have a look on job sites and be amazed how little people go to work for and compare yourself to them. Then appreciate how good you've got it and weigh up how desperate you are to earn money by working in the rain compared to how much you can earn on dry-ish days.

8weekly

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2014, 06:19:11 pm »

Perhaps it is that because they have so much work that days lost mean getting behind schedule? I suspect that the majority that don't work in the rain don't have full rounds so they aren't actually losing anything.

So the answer is to have a little less better paid work so that your not forced to work in all weathers.
But then again isn't this what these guys claim to have.
It depends where you are hoping to get to. My work is pretty well paid, but my round is chocka block. As I take on more first cleans I get behind. At one time when I didn't have enough work I would do as you do and not work. Now I have no choice as I am 7 working days behind.

gary999

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2014, 06:32:12 pm »
Bloody hell who cares ;D

Some are happy to work in the rain others arenot.

Relax none of you have to justify what you do,just get on with it :)

You lot are worse than a group of washer women ;D