elite mike

Re: Those who dont work in rain
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 09:15:19 pm »
If its dry when I go out and it starts raining I continue  working but if its
chucking it down before I go out I roll over fart,  slap the missus and tell her
to get to work while I have a lie in ;D

lmao  ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 09:30:50 pm »
I hate working in the rain, not because of getting wet but because I dread knocking the door for money and getting filthy looks , or people saying is it worth it etc, I text b4 and constantly get the not in this weather. And I'm totally with David on the point of having a good reputation because most don't like it done in the rain, others don't mind, others just feel sorry for you, others just havnt got the guts to say anything, but sometimes we just have to do it else it will throw us too far behind , then when it's dry and bright customers will be wondering where we are lol. Can't win either way

i very rarely get a "not today" or any comments whatsoever about working in the rain.ive been working in the rain for over 4 years now since i went wfp.

i have a reputation as a good,reliable cleaner and get new jobs from word of mouth and recommendation.

i never second guess customers.most dont mind.if they do they get missed until next month.only happens around 3-4 times a year!
price higher/work harder!

C o z y

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 09:54:26 pm »
If the weather dictates when you work, one prolonged bad weather period will close you down for good. Do you control your income, or does the weather?
No still don't understand, I must be thick

rosskesava

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 09:58:50 pm »
chucking it down before I go out I roll over fart,  slap the missus and tell her

You only fart the once?

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Mike #1

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 05:52:21 am »
Because they scared off being sacked or moaned at off custys , I have worked in light to medium rain for over 6yrs now WFP without any complaints or losing a single custy .

I don't take the pee , if it's windy and the rain will be hitting the glass I won't bother going out , 8 out of 10 times the rain does not hit the windows on a rainy day so why sit at home not earning .

C o z y

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 06:46:50 am »
Because they scared off being sacked or moaned at off custys , I have worked in light to medium rain for over 6yrs now WFP without any complaints or losing a single custy .

I don't take the pee , if it's windy and the rain will be hitting the glass I won't bother going out , 8 out of 10 times the rain does not hit the windows on a rainy day so why sit at home not earning .

That's a point rarely mentioned on here.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

gary999

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 06:52:26 am »

You only fart the once?

Any more and I would draw mud ;D

Positivity

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2014, 07:17:57 am »
Did it for years on the west coast of Ireland, rain horizontal, sleet, snow, storm force winds!
Anyone who says working in that is O.K. or they enjoy it must be mad!
Fortunately I am in a position in life now when I am no longer desperate for money.
While that lasts I prefer not to work in the rain.
Tradding is not too bad in the rain but when you're WFP looking skywards with the rain pounding down in your face
No thanks ;D

8weekly

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 07:46:27 am »
Interesting that the overwhelming reason given for not working in the rain is that customers won't like it. I think all but a totally unreasonable customer would understand that we can't afford to take a day off just because of a bit of rain. I think people need to man up. I had a not today yesterday and as always it was one I wanted to lose anyway. Oh and I did pick up two others.  ;D

Mike #1

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 07:53:47 am »
Did it for years on the west coast of Ireland, rain horizontal, sleet, snow, storm force winds!
Fortunately I am in a position in life now when I am no longer desperate for money.
Tradding is not too bad in the rain but when you're WFP looking skywards with the rain pounding down in your face
No thanks ;D

You should be looking at the windows not the sky that's why your face is getting wet

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 08:11:04 am »
No thanks ;D

obviously if its really windy as well as constant rain i give it a miss!

to stop rain getting on my face i wear a cap with a hood over the top.scares some of the customers sometimes though when they see a tall shadowy figure appear at the window! ;D

im certainly not "desperate" for money but i dont like losing it either because you never catch up once your behind with your schedule.it has a knock on effect that can last for months and affects your end of the year earnings.

with proper wet weather gear,gloves and boots its not too bad with wfp to work in the rain and the end of the day satisfaction is great.it very rarely rains all day so its usually only a few hours during your working day that its actually raining.

ive been there and done that(skiving off when it rains)esp when 100% trad).its not a nice feeling esp if your skint too! ::)roll ;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 08:13:37 am »
I work in light and sometimes medium rain but anything else its a no no and my new rainy day work is being on the phone chasing commercial work. It hardly ever rains all day so sometimes i just wait for it to stop

LWC

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 08:14:12 am »
Work hard on the days you can, we make more than enough in a day. Sometimes more than some people earn in a week. As said before, knocking on the door in lashing down rain makes me (dont care how it makes YOU feel) makes me feel like a complete mong, i hate knocking when its raining. Nah its ok...ill work in the dry and keep my customers happy thanks.

SeanK

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2014, 08:27:44 am »
Again isn't it funny how its always the guys who claim to earn a fortune daily that cant seem to lose a
day for fear of going bankrupt.
Or is it what I truly suspect, as with their earnings its nothing more than big talk.

Positivity

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2014, 08:41:21 am »
No thanks ;D

You should be looking at the windows not the sky that's why your face is getting wet
Is all your work bungalows then MIKE?

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 08:46:32 am »
Work hard on the days you can, we make more than enough in a day. Sometimes more than some people earn in a week. As said before, knocking on the door in lashing down rain makes me (dont care how it makes YOU feel) makes me feel like a complete numpty, i hate knocking when its raining. Nah its ok...ill work in the dry and keep my customers happy thanks.

i prefer to work at a steady pace every day(6 or 7 hrs)  than bust a gut on just the dry days.spacing my work out over the month regardless of weather conditions.

last week on monday morning it was very wet and windy.first time in a long time so i didnt start till 1130am and finished at 6pm so all scheduled work that day was completed.

tuesday afternoon was similar but less windy but heavy rain at times.i just cracked on as i had a busy week and didnt want to work sat as had family commitments.

end result?all last weeks work was done and doesnt encroach on this weeks work.happy days.

on that note im off to work!finishing early today though as band practice tonight!! :D :D

i love this job! :)

8weekly

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2014, 09:23:14 am »
Again isn't it funny how its always the guys who claim to earn a fortune daily that cant seem to lose a
day for fear of going bankrupt.
Or is it what I truly suspect, as with their earnings its nothing more than big talk.

Perhaps it is that because they have so much work that days lost mean getting behind schedule? I suspect that the majority that don't work in the rain don't have full rounds so they aren't actually losing anything.

ascjim

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 09:30:21 am »
I hate getting behind, so i always work 5 days. I have dropped custies for not having done in the rain. They always call me to come back.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 09:53:15 am »
Not working in the rain has meant I can now sit on my computer on this bright sunny day sipping a cuppa, off the tools. Work that one out!  8)
Im working of course!
Printing off leaflets that dont work.
Whats the point!

squeegee master

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2014, 09:54:42 am »
I earn so much in one day,  I can afford to take the rest of the year off!  thank god for wfp  :)