trippyboy

Those who dont work in rain
« on: October 14, 2014, 07:27:33 pm »
Why?

Steve foster

Re: Those who dont work in rain
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:38:01 pm »
Cos I dont need the money enough to get wet through.

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 07:39:09 pm »
'Cos I get to stay in bed with my gorgeous wife, book my holidays, play with me bongos, drive my sports car to the bank and polish my Extreme pole for as long as I like.  :D

Might do a bit tomorrow though - wife's at work and my round is in tatters.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 07:39:36 pm »
 ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 07:46:00 pm »
How many months are there in the year when you don't get at least 16 dry days ?
I can make enough in 16 days a month to more than do me.
I don't mind working in showers but not in constant rain so I would ask why do it.

Johnny B

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 07:47:01 pm »
On domestics I work in light drizzle, but nothing heavier than that. I hate the idea of trying to clean windows where the rain is lashing against the glass (I have done it and I thought it was a waste of time and I felt as if I was defrauding my customers).

If I turned up in the rain, most of my domestic customers would send me away. Where I am these are not so easy to replace as they are in Britain, so I try to keep them happy.

I have some shops that I do weekly, and these get done regardless. Even so, I am not entirely comfortable doing them when the weather is really bad.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ChumBucket

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 07:50:01 pm »
I earn enough on dry days to more than make up for the wet days.

I would ask, why DO you work in the rain? The answer to that might be more telling! ;D

LWC

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 07:51:12 pm »
Honestly customers do not like it, i dont care what anyone says. How many comments do you get "is it worth it?"

Yes i know it makes no odds...but hey, customer is right and theyre the ones paying you.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 07:53:57 pm »
You are there to clean last months build up of dirt. The weather on the day is irrelevant.

paulben

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 07:59:10 pm »
I am like a cat don't like getting wet. Customers don't like it there is always something to do like paper work repairs etc , I am not a slave to the job that's why I am self employed so I can work when it suits me
Do not steal the government hates competition

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 08:22:53 pm »
I don't work in the rain simply because I choose not to.

Also, being lazy, I enjoy the lay in.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

8weekly

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 08:27:19 pm »
I took Monday off as I was looking for an excuse. I worked this morning but couldn't bring myself to go back out. Tomorrow I am working regardless of rhe weather. If a customer doesn't like it I will say "if they don't dry at the same standard, call me & I will reclean them".

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 08:37:20 pm »
We dont work in the rain, I know we could do a perfectly good job cleaning in the rain BUT some/most of my customers dont like it, they dont even like it if its heavy cloud.
DUMP AND REPLACE I HERE SOME SAY!

I put the reputation of our brand BEFORE making a quick buck on a wet day.
We all (my franchisees) earn more than enough working dry days with well priced jobs and a well planned round set up.
YES BUT YOU COULD BE EARNING MORE EACH YEAR AND FITTING MORE JOBS IN I HERE YOU SAY.

Strictly speaking YES. BUT and its a big BUT, I have found by not working in the rain and advertising this fact during round building has accelerated my business growth.

MOST (of my) CUSTOMERS PREFER GETTING THERE WINDOWS CLEANED ON A DRY DAY THAN WET. (this is based on my data collected during and after round building and general conversations with customers)

This is my opinion. Please continue to clean in the rain if you wish.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 08:44:56 pm »
I earn enough on dry days to more than make up for the wet days.

I would ask, why DO you work in the rain? The answer to that might be more telling! ;D

i work in the rain because i dont like getting behind schedule.

also i like to get all my work completed so i have a few days "breathing space" at the end of the month although i wont this month due to add on jobs booked in. ;)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 08:47:08 pm »
We dont work in the rain, I know we could do a perfectly good job cleaning in the rain BUT some/most of my customers dont like it, they dont even like it if its heavy cloud.
DUMP AND REPLACE I HERE SOME SAY!

I put the reputation of our brand BEFORE making a quick buck on a wet day.
We all (my franchisees) earn more than enough working dry days with well priced jobs and a well planned round set up.
YES BUT YOU COULD BE EARNING MORE EACH YEAR AND FITTING MORE JOBS IN I HERE YOU SAY.

Strictly speaking YES. BUT and its a big BUT, I have found by not working in the rain and advertising this fact during round building has accelerated my business growth.

MOST (of my) CUSTOMERS PREFER GETTING THERE WINDOWS CLEANED ON A DRY DAY THAN WET. (this is based on my data collected during and after round building and general conversations with customers)

This is my opinion. Please continue to clean in the rain if you wish.

you obviously dont work in the manchester area!if you did you d only work 3 months a year with that attitude!! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 08:48:31 pm »
Heading your way soon Daz  :)

Deangsi

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 08:49:03 pm »
bills keep comeing rain or shine i mite have the flue on a week of sunny days :(

in all honesty i work in mild rain and sit in van between heavy showers if it hammers it down all day i go home

Paul erithwc

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 09:02:13 pm »
Because i didn't have a good breathable 100% waterproof jacket  ;)

But i 've ordered one from engelbert strauss and it should arrive wednesday or thursday this week from Germany Neuenstein ;D ;D

Paul

gary999

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 09:06:08 pm »
If its dry when I go out and it starts raining I continue  working but if its
chucking it down before I go out I roll over fart,  slap the missus and tell her
to get to work while I have a lie in ;D

paul ette

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 09:13:05 pm »
I hate working in the rain, not because of getting wet but because I dread knocking the door for money and getting filthy looks , or people saying is it worth it etc, I text b4 and constantly get the not in this weather. And I'm totally with David on the point of having a good reputation because most don't like it done in the rain, others don't mind, others just feel sorry for you, others just havnt got the guts to say anything, but sometimes we just have to do it else it will throw us too far behind , then when it's dry and bright customers will be wondering where we are lol. Can't win either way