nathankaye

Re: Have you ever nearly jacked in window cleaning?
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2020, 06:14:38 pm »
Not due to Covid 19 but due to family health and how things have been over the last several months. We are looking into perhaps becoming a career and selling all my work and closing it down.    All depends if we get the PIP claim and then careers allowance etc so financially we can do so.
However a little scary due to the unknowns and if its worth trying to keep some work going.  At the moment its all a thought, esp with not being able to get the mother in law down to watch my wife n kids.  Its taken me 3 days to do one days work at the moment. Some down to customers wanting to talk but also im needing to pack up at dinner or before or late afternoon.
I know from what others have posted before, im not the only one with poorly family members.  Has anyone else considered closing down and becoming a career or have you simply cut down and skimmed the best work for yourself and still be the career just to keep some income to top everything else up?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 06:20:38 pm »
You mean a carer?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dave Willis

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2020, 06:33:12 pm »
Caring as a career I guess.

Dave Willis

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2020, 06:34:24 pm »
How can you be a full time carer if you’re not there?

G Griffin

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2020, 06:42:37 pm »
Not due to Covid 19 but due to family health and how things have been over the last several months. We are looking into perhaps becoming a career and selling all my work and closing it down.    All depends if we get the PIP claim and then careers allowance etc so financially we can do so.
However a little scary due to the unknowns and if its worth trying to keep some work going.  At the moment its all a thought, esp with not being able to get the mother in law down to watch my wife n kids.  Its taken me 3 days to do one days work at the moment. Some down to customers wanting to talk but also im needing to pack up at dinner or before or late afternoon.
I know from what others have posted before, im not the only one with poorly family members.  Has anyone else considered closing down and becoming a career or have you simply cut down and skimmed the best work for yourself and still be the career just to keep some income to top everything else up?
And who's we, Nathan?
Or are you talking like Thatcher instead of the Queen now?
Serious question though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2020, 07:36:41 pm »
I was gonna jack it in and go helping people. I was going to distribute the "Watchtower" magazine at weekends, and spread good news. Then i seen the light.

Interesting thoughts,   though bet you havent seen any calling.   
I did however hear two non witnesses say to each other though;  that they havent seen the witnesses calling or even on the trolley.  Something more is to come........

What do you mean, Nathan?
It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2020, 07:44:00 pm »
And who's we, Nathan?
Serious question though.

I thought that would be obvious, me and the wife
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2020, 07:53:07 pm »
How can you be a full time carer if you’re not there?

Who said im not there all the time at the moment. Mate im currently leaving for work at 11 am and mostly back before or around 3 and thats a good day.   Currently looking into options as before covid19 it was manageable with help from others but without that help, its really really hard to run a business with my situation.  Also my mother in law isnt overly well nor young either so that help isnt every day if we weren't in a lock down.
Hence just a question if anyone else has made a similar decision or balancing the two the best that they can do.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2020, 08:40:41 pm »
Yes, I realise that but you were talking of working as well so you couldn’t then be classed as a full time carer. It’s not something I know much about only my sister in law was a carer for a while.
I would have thought your income would be taken into consideration.

nathankaye

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2020, 08:59:27 pm »
This is also true and is why I will be looking into it from all sides. Obviously income should be considered as well,  so tring to find out if being solely a full time carer and not working is viable or if it needs to be bumped up by maybe keeping the best of my work for one day each week perhaps.

Just wondered if anyone is currently doing so on this forum. I appreciate our circumstances may be completely different but some principles or experience could be beneficial if you want or could drop me a message or email me?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2020, 09:07:45 pm »
Personally Nathan, I think working would be good for you and your mental health.

If you sell up, and become a full time carer, you’ll lose a lot of self worth, freedom and ‘me’ time.

I think you’d regret it. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

I think you should make the decision when lockdown is over. You might feel differently then. It’s generally a bad idea to make big decisions during stressful short term situations.

Try to see it through to the end of lockdown. Even it means doing just a £100 a day.

Stoots

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2020, 11:51:44 pm »
Set someone on full time to do your round and become a full time carer Nathan?

If you set it up as ltd company you can control how much you take home to wangle the carers allowance.

G Griffin

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2020, 12:46:42 am »
And who's we, Nathan?
Serious question though.

Who would you be caring for that needs two carers or would you both be two full time carers? With your own kids, as well?
I thought you were talking about caring for a family member; excuse me if I've gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2020, 10:38:36 am »
And who's we, Nathan?
Serious question though.

Who would you be caring for that needs two carers or would you both be two full time carers? With your own kids, as well?
I thought you were talking about caring for a family member; excuse me if I've gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick.

"We are looking into Me becoming a carer"
Does that make it more clearer
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2020, 10:56:32 am »
And who's we, Nathan?
Serious question though.

"We are looking into Me becoming a carer"
Does that make it more clearer
Yes.
I was only trying to help, Nathan, but you seem a bit touchy about it, so I'll wish you well and leave you to it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2020, 11:24:16 am »
As others have said rent it out or similar I wouldn’t sell it,if you later change your mind or circumstances change you can go back to it.

nathankaye

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2020, 11:25:17 am »
Apologies if that's the impression being given as it was not intended.
Im just a little confused as to why it wasnt clear as many have posted on various threads how they are sick of me going on about my wife's illness.  So I didnt particularly want to take over a thread on the subject.
So me and the wife are looking into the option of me becoming her full time carer and wondered if anyone else has done so and if so, is it worth selling all my work or skimming the best for myself and still doing some work to top the finances up and have some escape time (as suggested).
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2020, 11:27:13 am »
As others have said rent it out or similar I wouldn’t sell it,if you later change your mind or circumstances change you can go back to it.

This is my concern, mostly if the economy and/or government change the rulings or amounts paid out.
My concern over renting is the person renting actually to do the work and regularly pay or will they loose the work
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2020, 11:36:05 am »
You could say I’m going to go out with someone for 6 months for example and then let them work it,you should tbh be able to earn enough from window cleaning and be able to pay for care to a point.

Dry Clean

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2020, 11:45:49 am »
Apologies if that's the impression being given as it was not intended.
Im just a little confused as to why it wasnt clear as many have posted on various threads how they are sick of me going on about my wife's illness.  So I didnt particularly want to take over a thread on the subject.
So me and the wife are looking into the option of me becoming her full time carer and wondered if anyone else has done so and if so, is it worth selling all my work or skimming the best for myself and still doing some work to top the finances up and have some escape time (as suggested).
Doesn't look as if you have a choice Nathan, renting a round is a bit like employing in this game, for most of us there just wont be enough profit left over to make it worth while, sell your round, look after your wife and sometime in the future you may be in the position to start again, if you've built a window cleaning round once it wont be hard to do it again.
When it comes to money carers are under valued in our society, especially those who are looking after family members, for that reason its not something you would ever do through choice, I would like to think when this pandemic is over things might change but I wont be holding my breath, good luck on what ever you decide.