dustdees

Re: The Modern Day Cleaning Industry - What!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 05:02:16 pm »
Hi Martin,

What more can you ask for.

You have summed that up just right, here here.

Pat that man on the back!!!!

Fox

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 05:16:35 pm »
deffinately havent got the time to read it all, far too busy.

Gosh Martin give it a break mate!  Your not far too busy to blow your own trumpet though!

Where's the valuble opinion?

Fox

Prestige1

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 05:33:57 pm »
Martin
Busy! you don't know what busy is! tommorow I am going to get up half n hour before I go to bed, I have then got to clean 17 pub carpets, with a tooth brush and a bottle of star drops before 12 then I am of to clean 24 houses for a builder should get finish for 10 past 12, then I am off to cut the the grass on the Yorkshire moors! thats busy!
Phil
Who Dares Wins

Tim Downer

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 06:14:43 pm »
Well done Phil  ;D  ;D  ;D

Reading everyones posts was enjoyable, and yes, training etc etc etc does cost money and time and not many companies are willing to do it......and just as i was going to say a comment on it all......Phil steals my wind and can't stop laughing at his work for tomorrow.

Oh Boy, needed that  ;D  ;D  ;D

Poor Martin, he does try  :P

Think i will leave my thoughts till another day as still giggling. Thanks again Phil

Regards

Tim

Enjoy your grass cutting, hope its not raining tomorrow!! Toothbrush indeed  ;D
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

*Chris Browne

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 07:21:56 pm »
Phil, busy? you call that busy, toothbrush? a whole toothbrush?? i have got to clean 365 pubs, on my own, in the dark and using only a dead cat and a bucket of pigswill!, and that's before i get up, Then after a lunch break that i wont have, its off to clean a whole street(not the houses,the street)Then home for a piece of stale bread, and a cup of old petrol. Thee don't know when thees born..... :P

Chrislad

Prestige1

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 08:09:39 pm »
STALE BREAD AND A CUP OF PETROL! THA LUCKY BUGGER! ALL I HAVE GOT TO EAT IS THE CHEWING GUM OF THEM PUB CARPETS AND TO WASH IT DOWN THE MOP BUCKIT WATER LEFT OVER FROM MOPPING 17 PUB TOILETS! THA DON'T KNOW THAS BORN LAD!
PHIL
Who Dares Wins

Tim Downer

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 08:27:17 pm »
 :o   :o   :o

;D   ;D   ;D
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 09:04:51 pm »
I see you have changed your signature MR Downer!?  :o ;D

martin19842

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 10:00:18 pm »
hi there

phil
  i liked that, good response.

one of the biggest problems with this country is people hate it, when you say your doing well.

why???? i dont care what people think,

i work hard, have a good team, employees and sub contractors, and they all work hard, hence they all earn good money. 

and i dont care what we do to earn it, but generally we get a lot of work on the back of other contractors, some of them cleaning contractors, not wantiing the work, or contractors not performing for whatever reason.

people know that i'll help anybody, whether thats on here or not. 

so some people might think thats arrogant, but i know where i want to be in three and five years time, and as far as im concerned theres nothing wrong with that

regards

martin

ColinD

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 10:03:17 pm »
When I was lad me mother would wake me up before I'd gone to sleep, make me sweep, with hair on back of dead rat nestled down in my bed, the floor to our cardboard box.
Send me down to pit to sweep the floor for dust.  Mix dust with meths or white spirit, once turned into a paste, push vile mixture, with bare hands, into small flat metal tins.

Wth my John Bull printing set. a Chrsitmas present every year for forty years, I would have to stamp 100,000 labels for the tins every day. After breakfast I would push trolley with tins of vile mixture to local market and whilst waiting for Cleaning Contractors to arrive at 09.30 of the a.m to buy vile mixture, I would hand write 1000, 000 CoSHH sheets.

Nils illegitimi carborundum

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2006, 10:12:49 pm »
When I was lad me mother would wake me up before I'd gone to sleep, make me sweep, with hair on back of dead rat nestled down in my bed, the floor to our cardboard box.
Send me down to pit to sweep the floor for dust.  Mix dust with meths or white spirit, once turned into a paste, push vile mixture, with bare hands, into small flat metal tins.

Wth my John Bull printing set. a Chrsitmas present every year for forty years, I would have to stamp 100,000 labels

for the tins every day. After breakfast I would push trollewith tins of vile mixture to local market and whilst waiting for Cleaning Contractors to arrive at 09.30 of the a.m to buy vile mixture, I would hand write 1000, 000 CoSHH sheets.

Thats better....you had a poo then! ;D

D woods

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2006, 10:14:55 pm »
Hi Martin
What you say about people hating it when you do well is so true, especially in the cleaning industry. But you have to admit some of the
replies have been funny.

martin19842

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2006, 10:32:17 pm »
hi there

hey i have a sense of humour just like the next bloke

amd in this game you need it, esp when you vaccing the brown stuff up from a flood

regards

martin

Mike Jones

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 11:04:48 pm »
Im totaly with Colin. As i stated in another posting some of you lack the most basic skills. Half of you couldn't manadge a pi* up  in a brewery let alone running a sucessfull business.

Mr BSF

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 11:29:14 pm »
thats a bit below the belt mikey..... you cant even change your weird pic ;D ;D ;D ;D

never mind run a p##s up in a brewery, stop right now mr jones b4 you lose ur temper ::)

a55essor

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2006, 11:38:10 pm »
Mike what skills do we lack?. by the way if you space the letters out they will come out what you want to say IE: (P I S S UP)
Im totaly with Colin. As i stated in another posting some of you lack the most basic skills. Half of you couldn't manadge a pi* up in a brewery let alone running a sucessfull business.

Mike Jones

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2006, 11:39:03 pm »
My daughter chose that picture!

Robert Parry

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2006, 11:40:09 pm »
Nothing wrong with a sense of humour, sure i've got one somewhere, probably vac'd it up.
But serious debate, don't be so hard Mike we all had to start somewhere, but we can only improve the standards within the industry by educating both our employee's and our clients, there are vast numbers of client's out there who have no more idea of cleaning than the very newest of our downtrodden broterhood!

Only by the mutual exchange of information and idea's with others can we learn, seems to me that this forum and others is the ideal place for that

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....

Mike Jones

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2006, 11:42:33 pm »
I find myself looking at questions about the most basic aspects of running a business and even worse very basic questions regarding cleaning.

If you don't believe me then trawl back over the past posts.

Mike Jones

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2006, 11:44:22 pm »
Often a simple search would come up with the info without the need to waste our time.