cleaning4usussex

Softwashing
« on: March 15, 2017, 08:32:19 pm »
Hi,
I have a honda gx390 pressure washer with chemical feed and i have a power pole from omnipole which reaches 40ft question is could i put feeder into softwashing mix of sh and run it up my power pole with a chemical nozzle on end??? What would go wrong😬or could go wrong?
Jamie

Smurf

Re: Softwashing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 01:38:24 pm »
Personally I don't think  it's a great idea to be spraying hypo about at height using a high flow pressure washer do you?
Even using a pole as the chem drift, run off and wastage of chems would be an absolute  H&S nightmare. 

Also sod using a 40 ft omni power pole as they weigh a ton.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 03:44:18 pm »
How about filling your tank with the wash solution then turning down the pressure on  your machine so it is spraying at a lot lower psi, less drift, more control and less wastage
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 04:10:16 pm »
I still don't get why anyone that wants to apply hypo to the likes of render walls on buildings would want to use a pressure washer downstream method . That is apart from the yanks that don't seem to give a toss where the bleach goes. lol

This is a good example of dowstreaming "Low pressure" with so say soap (bleach) going everywhere...
YEHAA!  Ride em cowboy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vz8d193_BM

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 08:38:23 pm »
Hi smurf, I'm just trying to figure out a way of getting into softwashing with the equipment i have got i was thinking turning pressure right down to apply then turn up a bit to rinse off, pole does way a tonne and a nightmare with 21 ltr machine

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 11:08:59 pm »
There is plenty of free basic info you will find here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUx8UxFXUxeBCeQPup3rK2Q/videos
Don't you have any wfp gear?

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 12:02:14 am »
I have 650 ltr grippatank, 1 reel, clx27 , extreme 35 and a Gardiner back pack sprayer

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 12:03:07 am »
Hi smurf what do you use?

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 12:32:06 am »
I  started out just using a wfp dipped in a bucket of hypo. lol
Currently I just use a very basic 12 volt  system to apply chems as can't see the point in spending thousands on kit when you don't have to.

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 09:17:07 am »
Hi Smurf,
Can you post a picture of what you are using as would be really helpful please

BDCS

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 10:42:28 am »
Gear before beer.  I've been using my wfp and window washing kit for applying DDAC and my x jet for hypo but I've now bought a comet softwash pump for the exact reasons stated above. You can duck and dive for a while on private jobs but it looks a bit odd when you sniding over the fence to see if the neighbours have washing, fish etc. Spraying at low pressure is a lot lot easier than rubbing a rendered wall with a brush.

simonr

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 01:46:53 pm »
rutland pumps sell nozzles that fit into gardiner poles for spraying chems so you can use your backpack just give it a good rinse

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 01:58:37 pm »
BDCS I was thinking of getting a petrol driven comet pump but must admit I got rather put off when peeps kept having the ends of the pump blowing out.  I take it yours has been modified to try stop this happening?

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 02:17:31 pm »
Hi Smurf,
Can you post a picture of what you are using as would be really helpful please

My basic van mount softwash setup just consists of a separate leisure battery, digi spring controller, 8lpm chem pump, 55 litre ATV Spot Sprayer tank etc. Can't get anymore basic than that really. lol

supernova77

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 05:11:27 pm »
I have my first proper softwashing job to do in a couple of weeks...

I was going to use my backpack for the chemical / water mix, and then use an old WFP brush with fan jets to apply to the surface, and then rinse on low pressure with a pressure washer.

Andy  :)

BDCS

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 06:41:43 pm »
BDCS I was thinking of getting a petrol driven comet pump but must admit I got rather put off when peeps kept having the ends of the pump blowing out.  I take it yours has been modified to try stop this happening?
They now have a stainless plate over the end caps to  support them .  I doubt Ben would send them out if they were too much grief - I still have the x jet and wfp if I get stuck

BDCS

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 06:43:11 pm »
I have my first proper softwashing job to do in a couple of weeks...

I was going to use my backpack for the chemical / water mix, and then use an old WFP brush with fan jets to apply to the surface, and then rinse on low pressure with a pressure washer.

Andy  :)

You need to rinse SH but not DDAC

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 09:45:34 pm »
Would it pay me to buy a trolley and upgrade the pump to a chemical one  and run it up my clx27 ?

BDCS

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 06:37:29 am »
Yes if you need a trolley but I mix in a wheeley bin and run from there.  There are cheap options for the trolley if your happy with a snide copy

clarkson

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 08:05:14 am »
Hi 
Spray aside , I wouldn't put hypo through a decent pressure washer.  Sounds like a good machine ,  if it is has a Honda engine. Although  you don't mention the pumps. If you  wreck the pump on it it will be  poss 500 quid fix.

Do you not have a trolley  for,your wc.   We have softwash  out of your standard pure freedom trolley for years

Just pump  a barrel of 0 tds through  it when your done . If the pump does go its £60. To swap out. 

John

Smurf

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 03:40:30 pm »
Downstream injectors the chem whatever you use doesn't go through the pump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNV9XbDk4nE

An xjet go on the end of a lance  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG-XvEYptVA

Both have uses when using a pressure washer to apply chems quickly but still I would not use either for vertical surfaces.

Darran Smith PRSS

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 02:24:48 pm »
Mod edit: If you wish to advertise please contact advertising@cleanitup.co.uk
When you want the very best SoftWashing Equipment for your business.

trafficjamz

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 09:49:37 pm »
So I went to see the lady after arming myself with the knowledge from here. Firstly, I went over to the house that had been cleaned by the other guy (it is actually one of my window custies!)
  I noticed that only half of the house had been 'washed' and they definitely used SH as the lead flashing all along the porch has turned a rusty colour in places, the brown electric meter door seems to have this white chalky substance etched into it and all the daffodils were half dead underneath. (See pics)
So I explained to the lady that it seems the guy has little knowledge about what he's doing.  She now realises that £250 was for half of the house and would need to pay at least £500 for the whole house going by hypo guy's rate. Then I explained about the quick fix SH and the longer term biocidal treatment. And that the chems cost a lot more than the hypo that the other guy used (she knew that he bought the stuff from this "farmers place", he actually told the customer.
So this might be a great opportunity to get started properly by getting the proper gear, up the insurance and experiment on my dirty house first.
Here are the pics of the house that the hypo guy did

Smurf

Re: Softwashing New
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 10:13:47 pm »
Those pics are classic cowboy work...Yehaa! ride em cowboy. lol
Thanks for posting as made me chuckle.

trafficjamz

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 11:27:59 am »
Any time haha.
So what would have been the best way to do this to prevent these problems?
Weaker mix of hypo? Or forget hypo altogether?

trafficjamz

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 02:14:55 pm »
Just realised i replied in the wrong thread
 :-\
Doh