nathankaye

my best clean yet
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:07:51 pm »

Really impressed myself on todays job. Added pressure washing to my services onky a couple of months back and recently added benefits of hypo etc. Todays clean has been best, looks like new. Which has been great, had neighbours coming out asking for quotes.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Mike Halliday

Re: my best clean yet
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 07:26:08 pm »
Imagine how great you are going to feel when you clean a drive that's actually dirty..... Then you will feel a tinge of satisfaction  ;D ;D

I've seen more dirt on the bottom of my shoe :D

Only joking great job :-*
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 07:32:07 pm »
Imagine how great you are going to feel when you clean a drive that's actually dirty..... Then you will feel a tinge of satisfaction  ;D ;D

I've seen more dirt on the bottom of my shoe :D

Only joking great job :-*

Nah, that would actually be work then  ;D lol
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Rob clarke

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 08:12:35 pm »
Good job nathan did you use hypo on it?

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 10:15:23 pm »

I did  :)

In addition to the long drive, in the rear the client had a patio area, about 3x4m grey slabs.  The client is a regular window customer of mine who forgot i told him a couple of months back about my new added service and got another company in to clean the slabs. when i saw them i asked if he was hapy with the results, he said he was as they were better than what they was. But the chap left streaks where he used a 25degree nozzle and side/side motion. Plus loads of black lichen left on. (looked like someone used a karcher lol) so i said i would sort that out as well. Good old Hypo, one job fix all  ;D           downside i forgot to take a picture of the before on that tho :(
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Rob clarke

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 11:01:38 pm »

I did  :)

In addition to the long drive, in the rear the client had a patio area, about 3x4m grey slabs.  The client is a regular window customer of mine who forgot i told him a couple of months back about my new added service and got another company in to clean the slabs. when i saw them i asked if he was hapy with the results, he said he was as they were better than what they was. But the chap left streaks where he used a 25degree nozzle and side/side motion. Plus loads of black lichen left on. (looked like someone used a karcher lol) so i said i would sort that out as well. Good old Hypo, one job fix all  ;D           downside i forgot to take a picture of the before on that tho :(

Getting some hypo next week from a local supplier I've found, can't wait to get started  ;)

Rob clarke

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 11:04:45 pm »
Is there anything hypo can't be used on do you know?

Pod

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 11:20:11 pm »
Have to say that is s top class job  nath looks like new...can you explain how you went about it pls (to a newbie) ?

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 11:37:13 pm »
Have to say that is s top class job  nath looks like new...can you explain how you went about it pls (to a newbie) ?

Im still very much a newbie to this as well, but i managed these results with only an 8lpm 6.5hp machine. Admittedly though, i would have finished a whole lot earlier on a bigger machine.

Turbo nozzels are great on this type of work i find. Once i blitzed it, i used hypo 1:3 ratio with a suffactant as well. Poured that into a bucket and brushed it on, waited 15 mins or so and then used fsc and then a good rinse. 
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 02:09:48 am »
Nice work, Well done.   ;)

That's what I like about doing jobs like that as I still get a buzz from customer reactions when finished looking good as new again.

Regards to using hypo it defo makes the job so much easier as you say to put hypo down first and let dwell before using a fsc. Not only that areas like corners, steps etc where you would normally get plastered in crap using a lance I've found you don't really need to lance it anymore as hypo will clean it instead.  Reducing lance splatter to a minimum defo helps cutting down the time taken on cleaning up afterwards too.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 07:40:43 am »
Good job 👍
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 03:32:03 pm »
Before
Washed
Dried n Sanded

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 04:30:58 pm »
Nice pics  ;)

Charlie Allen

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 06:20:10 pm »
Smurf, "Not only that areas like corners, steps etc where you would normally get plastered in crap using a lance I've found you don't really need to lance it anymore as hypo will clean it instead"
So does hypo dissolve all the leafs and crap?
premierclean2000.com
Facebook.com/premierclean 2000 Ltd

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 09:18:59 pm »
If weeds, moss & lichen turns white and dies more or less instantly then yes it has been trully hypoed.
After a decent enough dwell time I've found just to rinse down with a low pressure tip or hose pipe is normally all it takes.

I have used this method many times and is a great way to get around bad blown mortar joints on slabs etc too where using a washer on high pressure might not be the best option at times.

Charlie Allen

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 09:57:16 pm »
Smurf, for someone who has 5482 posts you really do post some crap. if your ever in london i would love for you to come out with us and show us this in real life
premierclean2000.com

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 12:14:19 am »
I obviously use a blower or brush up leaf matter etc by hand first before starting to clean any ground hard surfaces.

The point I was trying to make is that you don't have to pressure wash the crap out of surfaces to get them clean as I'm sure you are aware of that already.

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 08:27:52 am »
Its all a liytle bit of common sense, charlie boy.  Surely he/me or anyone else doesnt have to spell out every single move or technique out.
I also do a good sweep before starting so ur not blowing leaves and the like all over the place, common sense isnt it?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Charlie Allen

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 11:25:13 am »
Nathen i've been doing the job for 16 years and have a pretty good idea of how things are done.
Just read back over smurfs posts and see what he says, "i just spray hypo and wash it down with a hose pipe if i cant be arsed to get the pressure washer out", As an example of one ! How many times have you been able to do that ? me never !
i just dont understand why he says this stuff.
premierclean2000.com

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 11:50:52 am »
Because it works that's why or I would not have bothered to mention it Charlie.

nathankaye

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 01:31:53 pm »
Nathen i've been doing the job for 16 years and have a pretty good idea of how things are done.
Just read back over smurfs posts and see what he says, "i just spray hypo and wash it down with a hose pipe if i cant be arsed to get the pressure washer out", As an example of one ! How many times have you been able to do that ? me never !
i just dont understand why he says this stuff.

On one of my posts i think on the "what have you washed"  or certainly on my web site, 1nkservices.co.uk in the gallery. I show a before and after of some grey slabs.  Obviously after brushing down with a sweeping brush, all i did was brush on my hypo mix and left it (not to dry, so topped it up) whilst i did the block pathing by its side. Then after 15/20mins or so, i simply rinsed it down (the slabs) and they came up great.
What ratio are you mixing ur hypo or what concentrate do u use?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Charlie Allen

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 03:30:34 pm »
I use it 2 to 1 or neat.  So your happy to bleach out the algae and lichen and then leave it on the surface ?
premierclean2000.com

Charlie Allen

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 03:54:04 pm »
What your website Smurf?
premierclean2000.com

nathankaye

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 04:53:18 pm »
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 05:38:45 pm »
What your website Smurf?

Sorry I don't post personal information on open forums Charlie

Nice vid by the way  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P60O-VxoouE

Funny enough I was in aldi today and bought another bulldozer broom which so happened to be yellow too.

Now I have one red and one yellow so will keep the yellow one just for sanding. Oh they joys of making on the spot business decisions as there were 3 colours to chose from... Now my brain hurts  ;D  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 07:31:48 pm »
Ditto, that is a very good marketing video
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 08:49:54 pm »
I use it 2 to 1 or neat.  So your happy to bleach out the algae and lichen and then leave it on the surface ?

In certain circumstances I would apply neat hypo 14-15% to dry slabs and just let the next rainfall wash them off. In doing so will negate having to contend with any runoff at all going onto surrounding tarmac until the hypo is totally neutralized.

the king

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 05:23:45 pm »
neat hypo is the way to get the best resalts on paving slabs  ;D brush on let it dry and with in 24 hours it would have vaperised  job done  ;)

Tim James

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 01:33:07 pm »
Another nice job Nathan, well done.

Smudger

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 04:35:12 pm »
Smurf, for someone who has 5482 posts you really do post some crap. if your ever in london i would love for you to come out with us and show us this in real life

Hahaha

Posts don't mean squat!

Quality over quantity 😛
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk