johnny bravo

pressure washer set-up in van.
« on: March 04, 2015, 04:31:16 pm »
@ the moment i have a pressure washer i use for driveways etc, 15lpm.

I may be able to get a lot of work working on new build developments, for a well named housing builder, through there onsite cleaning contractor   who carry out builders cleans, window cleaning,  pressure washing, driveways etc.

now what would be my best option to look into getting a set-up in van.
citroen dispatch , new shape.

i have a water tank  set-up i have for window cleaning.

i have started to do there window cleaning and facia cleaning prior for new homeowners moving in.

they have also mentioned pressure washing,  new build driveways etc.      this could be a very lucrative and long term cleaning  contract. theres a lot of work as and when requested.

any ideas as to what my best option would be.

im quite happy doing the window cleaning but this could be very lucrative and  give me enough work i need.

dmckellar

Re: pressure washer set-up in van.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 04:49:45 pm »
we do all of the above, although we don't sub it out.

Get your prices set in stone beforehand, as theres usually not a lot of money in these types of jobs to be able to sub it out, also get permission from the house builder that you are doing the work.

In our Health and Safety pack we need to agree to NOT sub out any further work & all work must be completed by us as an entity, if we were to sub it out we would not be covered for certain insurances from other trades etc.

something to watch out for

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 05:18:00 pm »
You can either use your exciting tank or get a separate one for the p/w (a wheelie bin with do).
I have twin tanks and p/w and wfp system squeezed in to mine, meaning I can arrive at a job and start washing straight away then use the wfp to clean off the windows etc when done.

johnny bravo

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 07:25:00 pm »
350 has  pure water in for use wfp.

is there a decent washer i could set-up that can draw water from an outside tap.   still being powerfull enough,

by the time i got my washer out of van and waited for water butt to fill   it would slow things down.  as i clean them now for regular customers.

ive seen a few vans with pressure washers staying in van , and water source coming from house outside tap.
if you know what i mean,

ill ask how much they pay for this service,   see if its feaseable  to set-up and do it

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 08:24:26 pm »
The vans you have seen will have a tank in them,
If you already do pressure washing then all you need to do is add a buffer tank

johnny bravo

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 11:08:29 pm »
so they all still use a buffer tank, in or out of van,    pressure washer wont be powerfull enough if you can connect it to the outside tap.     i,ll try a set-up one weekend just to see how easy it will be to leave set-up in van.

Darren muir

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 11:02:35 pm »
Iam no expert but just a thought could you use a towable bowser set up . That way when you pull up your ready to start and doesn't affect the set up you have in can for wfp . Also if you weren't using it just unhitch and leave at home . Like I say no expert just a thought

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 01:49:11 pm »
I used my pressure washer today for first time, I had it made on a plate, to bolt down, it takes up no space what so ever, was just a little awkward to pull cord, I would think electric starter is a good plus for the extra money.
Oh ye mine is 21 lpm 220 bar made by Rutland pumps.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 01:02:56 pm »
Iam no expert but just a thought could you use a towable bowser set up . That way when you pull up your ready to start and doesn't affect the set up you have in can for wfp . Also if you weren't using it just unhitch and leave at home . Like I say no expert just a thought
You would need to be careful that you don't go over the weight limit for the pulling vehicle, most bowsers hold around 1000-1500lts so an extra 1000-1500kgs, if you go this route get a baffled bowser.

johnny bravo

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 08:52:51 pm »
id just keep pure tank empty and add a nother tank to fill up with tap water to get started.,  fill up from home  just top up from customers tap with a long hose to van

Griffus

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 11:09:55 pm »
I haven't read through much of this thread, no doubt some sound replies already.

If I am repeating, frgive me.

Do not send a new van on this type of work, often you cant get near so will nead 100 metres plus of HP hose.  If you can get near, it will not be where you want a new van to be.

For a tank worth having you'll need 1000 litre.   Then, you'll still need a constant feed, which will forever flood your van.   Your van will also need to be left open, unless you go for a flatbed, which would work well, but then any chance of verstility is lost as it's no good for owt else.

I have found the best solution to be a bowser, tricky to manoevre around site until you get the hang of it, perfect once you have.  You can drop it off if space is tight, no floods as overflow just runs down the side.

Definitely get a deisel PW, it will be running all day every day and deisel will save you about £14 a day.

As for subbing this out, I have also done this, rates are rarely what you would hope for and it generally ends badly.   I tend to 'introduce' masonry cleaners as and when possible and agree a commision on all works undertaken for that customer.  Cuts out the hassle for me and puts the masonry guy in direct contact to build more work, across regions quite often.