garry22

Re: Can't get work, PLEASE help.
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 06:19:47 pm »
Hi Julie,

I've popped over from the carpet cleaning side as well. Sorry to hear of your problems.

The keywords, I spent quite a bit of time on and I think I've just abot got them right according to google "cleaner lincoln" is searched for 1200 times per month, but I'm only getting like 60-70 hits per month, and that is only 1 search term I'm ranked in the top 5 for. To be honest, I think something is not right there, the traffic just seems to low and when we put on a couple of adwords, the traffic quickly rose, so I can't seem to get my head around what's going on there. But it isn't generating any leads either?!?

This won't bring you more customers but it might make you feel better about your site.

Your 1200 searches are in "broad match". That could be pretty much any search with those two words in.

If you look under "exact match", then the figure is around about 100 per month (see image from tonight's search).

60-70 out of 90-100 is an amazing statistic. You just need to grab a few (somehow).

Garry

mystery

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »
Hi Julie,

I've popped over from the carpet cleaning side as well. Sorry to hear of your problems.

The keywords, I spent quite a bit of time on and I think I've just abot got them right according to google "cleaner lincoln" is searched for 1200 times per month, but I'm only getting like 60-70 hits per month, and that is only 1 search term I'm ranked in the top 5 for. To be honest, I think something is not right there, the traffic just seems to low and when we put on a couple of adwords, the traffic quickly rose, so I can't seem to get my head around what's going on there. But it isn't generating any leads either?!?

Thanks very much Garry for that my SEO man failed to mention that small fact to me.

We are however listed in the top 3, for most search terms related to what we do and are only geting 60-70 visitors per months max, even though we are ranked mostly as 1 or 2. To me that seems to low, because there must be a lot more searches overall, if that makes sense?!

I'm not at all techie, I would just like it to get me some business. :)

This won't bring you more customers but it might make you feel better about your site.

Your 1200 searches are in "broad match". That could be pretty much any search with those two words in.

If you look under "exact match", then the figure is around about 100 per month (see image from tonight's search).

60-70 out of 90-100 is an amazing statistic. You just need to grab a few (somehow).

Garry

Peter Gorman

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2011, 09:44:20 pm »
You are not the only one in this boat but one thing thats worked for me is to approach the big players such as ISS, Mitie etc and offer your services as a supplier. They are all going through the usual cost cutting exercises and the first resource they cut is usually mobile cleaners. You may have to offer a lower rate than usual to protect a bit of their margin but you should still make a profit. Hope this helps