mystery

Re: Can't get work, PLEASE help.
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 08:38:31 am »
Hi Julie
Google 'womans networking groups' I've been to 1 BNI meeting & it wasn't my thing but will be going to a local womans networking group soon. They tend to meet on a monthly basis. When you did a leaflet  drop did you have a special offer on it? We've only really done 2 lots of leaflet drops we put a special offer on both lots & did get a response as everyone is wanting a good deal at the moment.
You could do something like book a 3 hr trial clean & only pay for 2 hrs - Heading could be 1 hour FREE Cleaning. Then if they like the service you provide can book you on a regular basis.
Just an idea. You could also get a/this special offer on your website too.
barbara

Thanks Barbara, I'll have a look for a womens group.

I like the special offer Idea,I'm going to give that a go.

Julie

Kate2

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 09:30:59 am »
How are you on the phone Julie, do you feel confident to do some telesales, get to speak to the decision maker, make an appointment?

pristineclean

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 04:54:53 pm »
Please do forgive my ignorance and curiosity but what is the advantage of a women's networking group to business development?

ryan mca

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 05:14:29 pm »
Before you spend another penny do a marketing plan alot of people on
here will know alot more about this than me best place to start is
business gateway sales and marketing cource and take it from there
find out where your prospective customers would look for your service
the only way to do that is knock there door and ask if you dont have time
then how would you have time to do the work.

Denise l

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 07:20:47 pm »
Hi

I,ve been o quite a few networking meetings, BNI being one of them. I was invited as a guest and whilst it was ok I didn,t feel it was for me. Too many rules and regulations, a bit expensive but you will pick up business eventually. I have tried a few different breakfast meetings and yes you do have to get up early, but once there its worth it. I have picked up new customers and referrals.In my mind its a good way to pick up clients, beats leaflet dropping. Womens meetings are usually once a month in the evenings. Google Ladies networking and you should come up with some. Good Luck

Denise

Rick Ward

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 08:55:40 pm »
I really value opinions from both women and men, and would never entertain a men only business meeting; so what's this ladies networking all about.  Bit exclusive on an open forum!!! P'haps we need wimin only threads.

BDCS

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 11:25:00 pm »
Its a womens lodge meeting  ;D posh aprons and silly suitcases  ::) If the boot was on the other foot they'd have you up for predudice  :'(

suffolkclean

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 11:52:13 am »
Oh my goodness we have a few touchy men on here!! I am not able to go to breakfast meetings for networking as I have 2 young children to get to 2 different schools. I went to see a Business Link advisor who said networking at these events can be very beneficial & he knew of Womans networking groups that met during the day (after school hours) that I may be interested in. I am interested in any networking group weather its just for woman or not. I was merely passing on the advice I was given which I thought was what this forum was about. Also it can be quite sceary walking into a room full of strangers & starting off with a womans one may help build up confidence of talking to total strangers which is what I need.
SORRY didn't mean to offend anyone.
Barbara

suffolkclean

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 12:02:14 pm »
Please do forgive my ignorance and curiosity but what is the advantage of a women's networking group to business development?

::) :-X

Matt Gibson

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 02:25:10 pm »
Julie,

What BDCS was getting at with the 20 domains was to have one for each town.  That way you can be much more specific with your keywords on each site.  Google likes sites that are specific.  For example if you have www.chateuclean-Reepham.co.uk or even better www.cleanersinreepham.co.uk or www.house-cleaners-reepham.co.uk etc.  Spread your net further.

Then your keywords need only be "house cleaning, domestic cleaner, reepham"

The more you have, the more chance of one of them being seen.  You could even find that you dominate the top 10 in Google for Lincoln that way. 

Im still abit hazy on this, there are a few different domain names ive been looking at, and i know you can just link any domain name you own to your existing website, but do you have to create a webpage fo the newly aquired domain names? Im guessng you do, as if you didnt, the new domain names wouldnt rank at all in any search engines.

If someone culd give me a bit more info, cause im keen to spread my advertising about abit online. I was on the first page of google for pressure washing glasgow, then i alterred my website and slipped way back..not impressed..

BDCS

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 03:07:19 pm »
Ring me 0797 453 7697 and you can speak to the missus - she can explain in laymans terms - if you wish

mystery

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 08:54:20 pm »
Before you spend another penny do a marketing plan alot of people on
here will know alot more about this than me best place to start is
business gateway sales and marketing cource and take it from there
find out where your prospective customers would look for your service
the only way to do that is knock there door and ask if you dont have time
then how would you have time to do the work.

Thanks Ryan, I think your right, I don't have anysort of plan and that surely wont help. I'll be getting on that as soon as I can.

Thinking of knocking on doors for work,makes me think I would need to knock on thousands to get any where and I don't have time to do that kind of amount. I'm down 1 full time member of staff at the mo, as work has been slower, so I'm trying to manage the work she was doing. I want more work so I can get back up to another full timer, but just can't afford the wages until I can bring some new work in, hence why I'm here.

mystery

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »
How are you on the phone Julie, do you feel confident to do some telesales, get to speak to the decision maker, make an appointment?

Kate, I'm mostly after domestic work, as this is easier to get staff to do. Have you ever tried telesales to domestic customers? I have no experience, but I may give it some thought, surely faster and warmer than door knocking.

Thanks for your imput.

mystery

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 08:58:20 pm »
Julie,

What BDCS was getting at with the 20 domains was to have one for each town.  That way you can be much more specific with your keywords on each site.  Google likes sites that are specific.  For example if you have www.chateuclean-Reepham.co.uk or even better www.cleanersinreepham.co.uk or www.house-cleaners-reepham.co.uk etc.  Spread your net further.

Then your keywords need only be "house cleaning, domestic cleaner, reepham"

The more you have, the more chance of one of them being seen.  You could even find that you dominate the top 10 in Google for Lincoln that way. 

Im still abit hazy on this, there are a few different domain names ive been looking at, and i know you can just link any domain name you own to your existing website, but do you have to create a webpage fo the newly aquired domain names? Im guessng you do, as if you didnt, the new domain names wouldnt rank at all in any search engines.

If someone culd give me a bit more info, cause im keen to spread my advertising about abit online. I was on the first page of google for pressure washing glasgow, then i alterred my website and slipped way back..not impressed..

Yes me too. All I want to know is would you port the new domains to your existing site, or create a new site for each domain????

BDCS

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 09:32:10 pm »
Each url would have its unique page which would match the keywords and content - these would then link back to the main website. So the search for each district / town / village would have the top slot for that search term in that town etc. £5 / month for each site in hosting

Kate2

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 07:02:14 am »
Hi Julie

I dont think you could apply telesales to domestic work.

Paolo

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2011, 09:30:53 am »
Hi Julie

I dont think you could apply telesales to domestic work.

I'd have to disagree there Kate.

A company I used to work for many years ago had a very successful carpet cleaning business that got all its work from telesales.

Just need to make sure whoever does the calling has up to date data that is TPS checked.

Kate2

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:18 am »
I think on the carpet side of things, yes

garybristow

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 05:03:09 pm »
Hello Julie.i was browsing your website for some clues.its a nice site so no problems with presentation.i am a carpet & upholstery cleaner,i noticed you dont offer this service !why not have a tie in with a good carpet & poss hard floor cleaner ?this will add another service which could lead to your main core bus.
also i saw you dont do a full window cleaning service ie outsides high floors etc ,again get someone else in add a bit for yourself.I find that when people get in a cleaning co they want a one call covers all co ,they dont want to make 6 calls !! im sure in your area there are plenty of carpet& window cleaners who would be happy to offer a trade price
i hope ive helped,good luck
Gary Bristowclean

Scotbrite

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 05:26:18 pm »
Just a thought. Has anyone heard any more about Karl Taylor ?? They are still advertising £2000 of work pm for £1000, i would guess commercial. Anyone think its worth a try !!!
Cheers,
Ron