dandandan

UPVC COLOUR RESTORATION
« on: June 15, 2010, 02:05:27 pm »
Been cleaning some holiday lodges with upvc balconies,they clean up superb but the plastic rail round the decking on nearly all of the beige/light brown ones has been faded by the sun.These 50` by 8` decks cost 15k-20k and i can see an opportunity here,is there a product to restore the colour to these balconies or would they have to be sprayed or re-coated professionally,thanks Dan

Pristine Clean

Re: UPVC COLOUR RESTORATION
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:22:52 pm »
Hi,

I did know a company that sold UPVC paint in larger quanity.. Have a look on the net. Its takes some finding.

Heres a link to Ronseal UPvc paint. Try a bit on as a test see how good it is.

http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/sp-2-12118-99269-ronseal-stay-white-upvc-paint-750ml.asp

I personally have not tried this product.... but I have tried the other product but I cant remember it. Sorry.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

james44

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:17:59 am »
Try this company dan they do training courses as well

http://www.briwaxprofessional.com/index.html

dandandan

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 08:03:41 pm »
Thanks,these balatrades are brown,looks like ronseal is only in white,wonder if you can have it mixed to colour match it.The repair company looks a good cheap course to do,wonder if they do re-colour on a large scale and not just minor repairs,going to look into them anyway so thanks for your help,dan

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 07:42:12 am »
The trouble with coloured upvc,especially woodgrain,is that they have a foil covering and usually have a grain effect to make them more realistic.Repairs are possible but recoating will have to be done by spray coating usually in a spray booth (it can be done on site,but you are susceptable to the elements).The spray coating will also be in a solid colour,so any wood grain effect will be lost.IMO unless you are set-up for this type of work then best leave it alone.We used to powder coat ally balustrading for decking companies and although we tried woodgrain effect powders they were never the same as a foil.

dandandan

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 02:45:14 pm »
These are just plain beigey brown in colour with no grain effect.Think re-spraying is the only route,i had  upvc window frames re-sprayed a few years ago on a rental property,prob the same process could be carried out here but like you rightly say it will have to be carried out by a company kitted out for this thing,thanks

james44

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 05:11:29 pm »
dandandan  How did you get on with brown frames?

I may have found a product that could well be the answer!

I have today been doing one of my customers frames wich are brown with the grain effect on them

Well i have done a few frames and wow they have come up like new, theses where faded and i did test areas on her gutters as well wow again they have come up like new,
Now  my customer does not mind me doing test areas as they were faded anyway but i will have to leave them to say after christmas to let them get weathered to see if it will be long lasting! and hope it does not damage them

Well i hope that it works long term as i will be trying it on white frames as well.

Noel Richardson

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 10:10:15 am »
Hello James

I have the same problem with coloured fasia,and have tried everything but had to convince myself that I,m NOT brilliant !!!!.would it be cheeky to ask what chemical you used on the coloured upvc so I can be brilliant again  LOL.

dandandan

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 05:20:24 pm »
Yes come on james,what is the product called or are you trying to do our heads in?ha ha