tradman

Re: 50ft internal windows builders cleans.access equip not allowed
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 08:34:02 pm »
or i could use 'sky hooks' ;D

pjulk

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 08:46:35 pm »
I could see this job is going to be a right headache.

I hope you are charging well as i can see problems with this job.

tradman

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 08:49:20 pm »
i know it sounds bad, but this is really just a small part of the job. the rest of it is great and i am really looking forward to starting it, especially the cladding washing outside.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 09:04:56 pm »
this is only my opinion and i dont want to ruffle any feather but i dont think you can do a builders clean properly using scrapers on poles etc,at best the result will be average
doing it this way is a compromise and they need to be aware of that from the outset
you have suggested most effective method (and most efficient) and i would get something drawn up for them to sign that says as much. You cant beat getting up clse and personal on a buildclean :)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 11:38:45 pm »
Best lightweight brush for scrubbing at 50ft is a 9inch or cut down 12inch Tucker full trim for large glass or dual trim if small partitioned glass. Maintenence cleans Gardiners super lite dual trim.

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 08:45:09 am »
Space-hopper?

Well.......... from how theyre tying your hands  it seems like a credible suggestion.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 09:11:12 am »
i have taken price into consideration and allowed for it in the provisions of the contract. marcus, the job is over 1500 sq metres  in total, so this is just a niggle. balfour beatty have a total ladder ban on all sites now. i'm using a nifty for the outside. the windows aren't as bad as a normal builders clean as the glazers did a better job than usual but they did leave the sticker residue on the window. i suppose i could use a lightweight pole at an angle like alex does in his video, has anyone worked at this angle, the height would be reduced as i would be on the 3rd floor rather than the main hall floor.

The SL2 (Modular) is good for working at an angle as is the SL-X. Using them inside with a scraper would be most interesting exercise though. The problem even though they are light and rigid would be getting enough power to the end of the pole at extreme angles.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 09:11:17 am »
Could you not hire a hot wfp with vac system  from Reach and Wash.

I think I have seen this advertised in one of the window mags. Specially designed for insides!

Just a thought.

tradman

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 07:45:13 pm »
alex,
job got confirmed today. fetched forward to 15th nov. can u supply me with the modular 60ft with squeegee cones. would it be possible / necessary to make an adaptor for squeegee to the second section down to improve rigidity. also need a angle adaptor. i can travel down in needed. i am planning on videoing it as it seems to be an unusual thing i am trying. looking to forward to this challenge as long as i can get as rigid a pole as possible

cheers

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 07:56:59 pm »
alex,
job got confirmed today. fetched forward to 15th nov. can u supply me with the modular 60ft with squeegee cones. would it be possible / necessary to make an adaptor for squeegee to the second section down to improve rigidity. also need a angle adaptor. i can travel down in needed. i am planning on videoing it as it seems to be an unusual thing i am trying. looking to forward to this challenge as long as i can get as rigid a pole as possible

cheers

No problem with supplying the Super-Lite with a taper cone they simply screw on the end of the pole. There would be no need to screw it onto the second section as the No.1 section is more rigid than the No.2.

I would imagine that it be best to use a back-flip with the pole, otherwise it would be a long way down each time to applicate between squeegeeing off.

tradman

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 08:02:10 pm »
thanx alex. i plan to use a wagtail flipper after scraping / oil flo ing with an unger clamp n brush n a bloke stood on roof outside with a mobile in hand telling me where i missed lol. good to know the modular poles are in stock.i'll ring up n order monday.

cheers

gsw

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 10:40:00 pm »
can i come and watch?

tradman

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 10:51:45 pm »
sure if you got cscs, ipaf n pasma or a vistor cscs and insurance documents, can't see a problem if site satisfied

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 12:28:35 am »
thanx alex. i plan to use a wagtail flipper after scraping / oil flo ing with an unger clamp n brush n a bloke stood on roof outside with a mobile in hand telling me where i missed lol. good to know the modular poles are in stock.i'll ring up n order monday.

cheers

Halfords sell a nice bracket same style as SL-X clamps which is ideal for mounting to SL-X pole to mount a camera on. Omnipole sell camera and MP4 recorder so you could clean and watch/inspect the job at the same time.

gsw

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 09:57:20 am »
sure if you got cscs, ipaf n pasma or a vistor cscs and insurance documents, can't see a problem if site satisfied

could you email me your email address so i can sort out some details, cheers tradman

greg