Moderator David@stives

Re: george
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 06:53:11 pm »
I am just witing for the input facility so i can import george into wcp , then i will run both programs simultaneously then i will evaluate which i think is best, to me George only has one flaw and that is its non existant Cheque/ cash facility unless it is near on perfect

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 07:00:46 pm »
Dave...what do you do for invoices? how do you go about that?
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

jaykie

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 07:10:34 pm »
My invoices on wcp print with my logo on, and ive had my george imported to wcp by ian

Chris

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 07:14:53 pm »
i know it can do that jaykie, but it doesnt currently allow the printing of the entire invoices for a single days work, with a copy for both customer and business. Ian is going to add this feature. What pda do you use?
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 07:25:24 pm »
I print all my invoices through george, either to printer , or to pdf then email for others

dave0123

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 08:10:53 pm »
I use george at the moment and am trying window cleaner pro,

I agree with RWC once you haveused window cleaner pro for a while it will become so easy to use. George is quite hard to use for someone new, if you go wrong or make a wrong expense then this becomes even more difficult to sort out for a new user.

I think Window Cleaner Pro will become the main programe used in the end unless George have something in the pipeline which was sposed to be years ago. Altho you pay more for window cleaner pro this has more features and more to come.  It does more stuff works harder for your business so of course its going to cost more money.

So all in all if you want a better management software for your business i dont really think £200 is expensive at all, its also a mini accoutanting package too.

Dave.

jaykie

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 08:13:54 pm »
Couldnt agree more with dave0123 once youve got everything on it its preety easy to work out how to do things and if not ian is about to help.

Chris

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 08:16:17 pm »
I have just been trying to print a worksheet for the last 30 mins, cannot for the life of me work it out , and i aint dumb.

How many on this thread have been given a free version for trialling pro ?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 08:22:05 pm »
Can some one tell me how to print a work sheet in pro of all due jobs, i just scheduled a few cleans for tommorrow but they dont show up on the schedule screen, and it wont even compile one to print.

As I said in George you just say print a worksheet to certain date and it prints it easy peasy what can be simpler,

someone please prove me wrong

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 08:23:52 pm »
It keeps telling me the documant has no pages , thats why it cant print.

dave0123

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 08:24:32 pm »
Im going to be using mine once i get my george data on there along with george for a few weeks see how i go, i can allready see i am going to buying it though  :D.

to print a worksheet in schedule, tick the round or jobs on the round far right then move down below and click add to work sheet. once you done that click print work sheet.
Dave.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 08:35:31 pm »
Yes but why arent the jobs a scheduled for today and tommorrow not showing on the schedule list,

Is there a glitch in the system, when i navigated away from the schedule clean and back again the one of the jobs re-appeared.

I think i need some sleep before i try any further

ianhannaford

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 08:54:41 pm »
It keeps telling me the documant has no pages , thats why it cant print.

Dave,

The reason you get that the document has no pages is that there is not data to print. When you have your work, you need to assign it to a worksheet. Thats is what the split screen is. The top half is your schedule of work, the bottom half is are the worksheets you have created.

You simply select the work you want to include from the schedule using the check boxes at the right hand side, then click the 'Add to worksheet' button. This will remove jobs from the schedule and add them to the currently selected worksheet.

You can then print this work sheet off or send it to a PDA.

Once you have finished the end of the day you use the end of day button to enter all the cleans and payment for that day. If you are using the PDA then you dont even have to do this!

Let me know if you want a further explainatin

Ian

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 09:31:12 pm »
I worked that out but one job wont show in the schedule screen when it is clearly due on the rounds page, it is a ficticious job with history,

ianhannaford

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 09:32:44 pm »
I worked that out but one job wont show in the schedule screen when it is clearly due on the rounds page, it is a ficticious job with history,

Dave,

Can you send me a back up of the database. Go to Tools->Backup Utility and run the backup.

Then send me the file and I'll take a look

Thanks

Ian