for van leasers
« on: August 23, 2008, 09:53:15 pm »
how do you install a system
surely you cant make any mods to the vehicle
so how is it all set up ???

Captain Scarlet

Re: for van leasers
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 10:00:19 pm »
LJ . Its commonly accepted by MOST leasing companies that builders etc will need to mod their vans for work ( shelving and stacking ). We are by no means the only ones who drill our vans bodywork!!!! alot of leasing companies just accept it, luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 10:01:15 pm »
I dont lease though, but i know about that aspect, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 10:01:43 pm »
They do NOT all accept it.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 10:05:27 pm »
Just modified my message, i have never heard of one that doesnt though, Luke

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 11:40:17 pm »
REALLY :o ???
you can drill holes thru floor and chassis,then just hand it back after lease is up :o
REALLY ???
if this is true i will never BUY another van :)

geefree

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 11:45:31 pm »
why not.... when you lease ... you are paying nearly twice as much as the van will ever be worth...regardless of how ever you work the figures out....

for example.... the balloon payment at the end of the contract .(optional)

ridiculous.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 11:57:25 pm »
yes...thats why i will never buy again either...when this vans finished. all the companies with brains lease...who wants all their revenue tied up into a piece of machinery that can break at any moment?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 09:03:17 am »
yes...thats why i will never buy again either...when this vans finished. all the companies with brains lease...who wants all their revenue tied up into a piece of machinery that can break at any moment?

I do not lease - does this make me brainless ??? ???
I own my vehicle outright, bought about 6 years ago and it has depreciated about £180 a year since then and has been very reliable. I will be changing it though in January as it is getting long in the tooth (12 years old/160,000m), but I will be buying outright again and will be sticking to the bargain end of the market - you just cannot lose much money that way, even if it does go completely wrong.

Just my opinion though. I have considered leasing, but just cannot swallow paying £24,000 over 4 years for a VW transporter. I can afford it, but don't want to.  The formula seems to be - if you spend under £12,000, it's most tax efficient to buy outright or on a loan, if you want to spend over that, it becomes more tax efficient to lease/contract hire.

MNWC

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 11:49:20 am »
What vehicle have you got then alex

tomy jackson

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 12:05:56 pm »
three weeler like dell boys

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 12:27:54 pm »

It's a beauty............. ;D

Originally it was a 7 seater Renault Savannah Estate (with the beefed up suspension).  I removed the third row of seats and the custom made tank sits where the seats were.  I have a custom made metal frame which bolts into the structure of the vehicle (no modification to the vehicle as it uses the re-inforced bolt holes already built in by Renault for when the car was used as a commercial vehicle in Europe) to retain the tank in case of an accident.  My replacement vehicle (due in January) is going to be a van however as I'd like a little more space.

pingu

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 02:52:59 pm »
Alex you have got to be kidding....ROFL ... ;D ;D ;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 03:29:10 pm »
thats SOOO cool!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 03:40:25 pm »
I've been a bit surprised by this side of you before Alex when you've posted pictures of jobs. Plastic hoselock reels that do the job, a card index that works fine but not george.

My theory is that the actual wc side has plateaued and you are happy with the work you have. You do not need to push the alex gardiner wc brand by raising awareness in your local area with a signwritten van and advertising.

A signwritten van (secondhand scudo 7k plus vat) was a must for me and many in my situation.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 03:57:56 pm »
I surprise myself sometimes!  ;D

The fact is, this car only gets used one day a week.  The rest of the time I work out of one of the firm's partner's vehicles or in my sub-contractors' vehicles.  We could run the firm with one less vehicle but it's so useful having it there in case it's needed.  It is true that for our window cleaning business we do no promotion, advertising and have no real need of extra work.

I do like to keep things as simple as possible and if it ain't broke why waste £24,000 fixing it?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 03:59:37 pm »
how many ltrs in the back of that?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 04:08:19 pm »
About 300 litres, well within it's plated carrying capacity.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 04:32:57 pm »

It's a beauty............. ;D

Originally it was a 7 seater Renault Savannah Estate (with the beefed up suspension).  I removed the third row of seats and the custom made tank sits where the seats were.  I have a custom made metal frame which bolts into the structure of the vehicle (no modification to the vehicle as it uses the re-inforced bolt holes already built in by Renault for when the car was used as a commercial vehicle in Europe) to retain the tank in case of an accident.  My replacement vehicle (due in January) is going to be a van however as I'd like a little more space.

I like the additional tank on the roof.  Good idea.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 06:42:56 pm »
having now looked into it a bit more closely i think that the cost is too much
like alex says its not not being able to afford it
more the thought of paying over the odds
i am sure a new vehicle is very nice
but.....thats a lot of money