Re: medium bristle brushes
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 09:19:12 am »
Joe it should be a matter of days now when all your brush problems should be over,look at Alex Gardiners Youtube video clip,the SLX he has with him has the new brush on it.When you get the new brush from Gardiners make sure that you recycle your vikans,don`t just throw them in the bin lol. ;D ;D ;D
So what you are saying is you dont know how to you the vikan properly  :P
I can always give you a few lessons   ;D
Now now Ian stick to websites i`ve seen your video lol,and the vikan does a lovely job of cleaning my van.All that brush will do is make your arms ache. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-*
:o >:( :-* whats wrong with the video aprt from it being blurry, it helped a few so did its job. as for the brush I find them fine no aches using it at all, please dont tell me your a benlty fan  :-X

peekeclean

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 06:03:34 pm »
So back to the topic who uses a medium or soft brush and why, opinion on what they do for your cleaning?
And do you use the same brush on leaded windows?

cheers joe

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 06:14:42 pm »
A stiffer brush is not good for traditional leaded really, they rattle like crazy.  :-X

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 06:37:15 pm »
A stiffer brush is not good for traditional leaded really, they rattle like crazy.  :-X
they also leak like crazy also if they are traditional leaded windows, brush down only  ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 07:08:55 pm »
they also leak like crazy also if they are traditional leaded windows, brush down only  ;)

Brush down only you say? Do you mean, only brush in downward strokes? Not upward? Or what do you mean? :)

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 07:16:17 pm »

Brush down only you say? Do you mean, only brush in downward strokes? Not upward? Or what do you mean? :)
wfp on trad leads I found that low flow rate very low, wipe brush downwards only top to bottom top to bottom and so on and rinse with low flow down

peekeclean

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 07:37:35 pm »
Why is that then?? is that with a soft brush?

joe

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 08:00:09 pm »
Why is that then?? is that with a soft brush?

joe

Thanks Ian,

at peekeclean, that's because they leak, and brushing down and low flow would minimize that. You want to have a soft brush for that yes.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 09:20:53 pm »

wfp on trad leads I found that low flow rate very low, wipe brush downwards only top to bottom top to bottom and so on and rinse with low flow down
They will leak no matter how you do them,water is like smoke it gets everywhere in all noks and crannys.I do them with my normal flowrate only i clean them quicker,if they leak they leak i`ve tried all of the above to no avail,with the pole the water does the work and if you don`t use enough of it you`ll have problems on all windows not just old leads.Give us another video Ian. ;) ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 09:24:51 pm »

They will leak no matter how you do them,water is like smoke it gets everywhere in all noks and crannys.I do them with my normal flowrate only i clean them quicker,if they leak they leak i`ve tried all of the above to no avail,with the pole the water does the work and if you don`t use enough of it you`ll have problems on all windows not just old leads.Give us another video Ian. ;) ;) ;) ;)
when I work out why mine are coming out pixalated and I can change it I will  ;)

NWH

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 09:26:39 pm »
The video that Alex did came out really well,i`ll have to speak to him about he uses.

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 09:30:14 pm »
The video that Alex did came out really well,i`ll have to speak to him about he uses.
I personally cant understand it, but am working on it, it is clear as day on jvc camcorder, but looks bad when converted to flash, I honestly dont know why it is messing it up, but will find out the answer, if I need to get another camcorder I will, will be little miffed if I do as I paid a few hundred for this one, I am not a director, but I am willing to help people in my time and you should give at least some respect for that m8ty

NWH

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 09:32:01 pm »
I looked at 1 last week that had Youtube capability on it or something,what`s that about. ??? ???

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 09:32:58 pm »
I looked at 1 last week that had Youtube capability on it or something,what`s that about. ??? ???
not a clue yet but will be looking into it, as I hate things getting the better of me  ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 09:15:12 am »
I personally cant understand it, but am working on it, it is clear as day on jvc camcorder, but looks bad when converted to flash, I honestly dont know why it is messing it up, but will find out the answer, if I need to get another camcorder I will, will be little miffed if I do as I paid a few hundred for this one, I am not a director, but I am willing to help people in my time and you should give at least some respect for that m8ty

Convert it to AVI. That might do it.