birdymiller

Re: Freedom trolley
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 03:34:29 pm »
Just fixed a hose on to my ro unit and turned water supply on. Got water coming out of red waste pipe and the ro is gurgling but no sign of water from the blue pipe. How long does it take before water comes out been on for 5 minutes. Just wondering if im doing something wrong :).

birdymiller

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 03:42:25 pm »
Panic over. Just checked and ive got pure water coming out of blue pipe. Just checked a cup full with tds meter and it read 0. Thought this cant be right so tested tap water and it read 128.Then tested my pure again 0 again. So this is good isnt it. Just got alot more waste than pure but this normal isnt it. ???

Xline Systems

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 05:19:23 pm »
yes thats normal mate

birdymiller

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 05:28:14 pm »
Can you get better ro units that dont waste that much or are they all the same.

Xline Systems

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 05:31:11 pm »
you can but if your not on a meter and its producing enuff water for what you need it for then my moto is if its not broke dont fix it!

birdymiller

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 05:32:34 pm »
cheers james

Xline Systems

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 05:34:24 pm »
no probs. good luck with everything its a bit strange when starting off but it will come.  ;)

birdymiller

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 05:39:18 pm »
I wasnt going to start using it just yet. I was going to carry on cleaning trad for a few more weeks making sure that all the frames upstairs get a good wipe. But not sure if i can wait that long. Do you think i should just get stuck in or take my time. ???

Xline Systems

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 05:46:27 pm »
get stuck in mate take your time it wont be easy but it will come. use squeegee off or unger liquid on your trad as this will help reduse spotting when you change over

kirky

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 07:00:40 pm »
this time next month birdy lad you'd be cruising and hading out advice on here left right n center ;)

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 08:20:01 pm »
I would practice for a day or two on your own and friends houses.

It's not so much about getting decent results although you want them really. It's more about getting used to handling the kit and looking confident and compotent when you set yourself loose on customers.

There's nothing worse than looking clumsy when you are introducing something new.

If you call me at the office on 01472 347519 I will give you a password to the download section on our website. There is a "How to" there and also an explanation leaflet that you can customise to have your own details on it. It's much better having a few of these to hand out to the customers who ask you what you are doing and how it works.

Regards

Andrew

RPCCS

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 09:14:27 pm »
Birdy , when you do convert, break yourself in gently eg.don't do like I did and suddenly stop trad and start wfp,as your 1st cleans take longer as more attention is needed to frames. Set urself a target of a certain amount of jobs per day wfp and trad the rest say,6wfp .Each week add another couple on per day so you don't get too far behind.
Cheers Rich

birdymiller

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 09:47:59 pm »
nice one rpwc not thought about doing that. I could do an hour after the lads have finished each day.

kirky

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 05:29:41 am »
let me know if you want any of the 25l water containers i get from the local car wash our kid and i'll get you some,hey give me 4 or 5 at a time and i stick a fiver in their top box  ;)

birdymiller

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 07:42:31 am »
You were up nice and early kirky, smashing morning round this way. Get me some when you can mate and let me know and ill come over and pick them up cheers. Not going to bother with the wrexham company, ive got 5 that fit the trolley so another 5 off you should do me. Cant wait fo my brother in law to fit me tap in garage so i can get some proper water pressure. At moment got ro fitted up to a diy outside tap and pressure is poor. Had it on since 4 yesterday afternoon and got about 120 litres, thats not good is it ???