jonah

Nationwide advert
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:39:05 pm »
Dont you think it would be a good idea to have a nationwide advertising blitz ?  Maybe a leaflet drop to every house in UK .   All insured wc,s sign up for a listing for local area ?  Bit like a co operative ...... non profit , just advertising the trade , and letting people know you are there ?  If enough wc,s were up for it Im sure the cost would be low .

Re: Nationwide advert
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:40:42 pm »
Good Idea. I have a suggestion for a name- spic and span-

Hang on hasn't someone already done this?

jonah

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 10:43:40 pm »
Well its not nationwide , and IMHO its more for other cleaning trades  ;D

ronnie paton

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:43:40 pm »
thought about something simalar for national contracts but when i thought about it properly it would be hard work to arrange and would take to much time to get the contracts and the right contacters.

your idea may be slightly easier but how would you selsct the areas??

jonah

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 10:48:39 pm »
Simple . . . . . Design a flyer that gets posted to all uk addresses ( royal mail , or other )  Get a bunch of wc,s all over country and ask them if they want to be listed , if they do then the more that are listed the cheaper it is ! 

jonah

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 10:52:56 pm »
I will get me coat !

jaykie

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 10:53:02 pm »
so would the flyer be the same accross the country.

Chris

ronnie paton

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 10:53:52 pm »
really so do check they have insurance or even competent who arranges it all??

are you talking about each window cleaner using there own flyer??

jonah

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 10:55:52 pm »
Yes , I have lost count of people telling me they cant find a window cleaner !  Well if they had a freephone number to ring then job sorted  ;D

jaykie

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 10:58:00 pm »
You should have a free phone number, have one window cleaner from each town registered with the company and have each member police checked then distribite in each registered members town with the same flyer. Maybe windowwashers could get involved and have his site as a link.

Chris

ronnie paton

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 10:58:11 pm »
so who takes the calls and directs them to the right person??
like i said who one person doing a bad job could give the whole schem a bad name and word can spread or people crrossing borders and stepping on toes of others.

not trying to put the idea down but i dont really think its that simple!!

jonah

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 10:59:47 pm »
really so do check they have insurance or even competent who arranges it all??

are you talking about each window cleaner using there own flyer??
No it would be one flyer for all .  The most important point would be you have to be insured , You can take a horse to water ............. lol

mark dew

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 11:00:32 pm »
The simplest way to display a nationwide organisation would be for all window cleaners to trade under the same name. Maybe setup a forum where people can register and look for jobs that have come up in their area. Sorry to sound negative but it would be very hard work for the few though.

WCE

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 11:04:21 pm »
I think the idea is good but there would have to be certain requirements met by the companies advertising also as ronnie said who would answer the phone? what about one of those companies that answer the phone on your behalf at a call centre if each window  cleaner had a difined area and there was only one per area then it would be easy for the call centre staff to allocate the work.   
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

jonah

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 11:04:25 pm »
This is not rocket science !  I was just saying it would be a good idea to have an  advertising campain nationwide for legit wc,s , with a freephone number ! And the best bit is that it would be quite low cost if enough were involved  :'(

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 11:04:56 pm »
Yes , I have lost count of people telling me they cant find a window cleaner !  Well if they had a freephone number to ring then job sorted  ;D

It bugs me when customers say they can't find a window cleaner. What they mean is they can't be bothered trying to search online or open the yellow pages. If I want a tradesman to do a job in my house I look in the yellow pages and get 3 quotes. how much simpler can it be. I'm always weary of customers who say they can't find a w/c. More likely they are probably dodgy paying customers who have been dumped by every w/c in the yellow pages.

ronnie paton

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 11:05:40 pm »
the most important point would be insurance really nothing else to consider when you are putting you r name to such a thing, like iv said people would have to be more than competant or a bad name will be created and it travels fast.

I would be intrested to see if you do it has you feels it that easy ........and good luck!

jaykie

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 11:06:15 pm »
so have your logo and have a seperate sign written part where it says working in partnership with ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Chris

alanwilson

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 11:11:33 pm »
as a rough estimate there are about 25million homes in the UK.

so thats 25million flyers.

I'll get printing, nut I'm nearly out of ink!
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

jonah

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 11:14:18 pm »
Ok this is my last post !   I dropped a flyer off last week and a few days later called back in person .  The lady gave me lots of praise for the flyer , and said that she didnt know where to find a window cleaner before !

WCE

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 11:15:56 pm »
 We could all club together for a tv ad! It would save your ink alan and would more than likely end up costing less   

WCE

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 11:16:44 pm »
Ok this is my last post !   I dropped a flyer off last week and a few days later called back in person .  The lady gave me lots of praise for the flyer , and said that she didnt know where to find a window cleaner before !
I bet you will be back you cant resist it!

jonah

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 11:18:11 pm »
Sorry for the negative posts but I was just trying to get extra business for the people on here !  I was certain it would be a good idea , but there you go  ;D

ronnie paton

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 11:20:02 pm »
y didnt she ring???

becuase they just put it to the back of there mind and then lose it.....will you dorr knock every leaflet dropped???

boy you must have to much time on your hands ;)

jonah

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 11:24:54 pm »
No her husband cleans the windows ! She just said it was a good flyer lol

jonah

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 11:47:46 pm »
if you are interested I know a man that can ! Like I said the cost would be shared .

TennetClean

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 12:00:49 am »
The simplest way to display a nationwide organisation would be for all window cleaners to trade under the same name.

Good idea.

Everyone can trade under the name "TennetClean" as long as you pay me £10 a month.  (But not if you do council estates tho)
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

Londoner

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 07:46:58 am »
What about

www.windowcleanersindex.co.uk

Why start something when it already exists? If anything it just needs advertising. Spick and Span is the same.

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 07:54:07 am »
I Like the sound of this, there is a ways of doing it.

anyone can join wcindex

jonah

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 08:02:19 am »
Has there ever been a a uk leaflet drop advertising window cleaning ? 

jonah

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 08:05:36 am »
There are many websites advertising wc,s , but most people dont know where to look for a reliable insured cleaner !   

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 08:08:37 am »
There are many websites advertising wc,s , but most people dont know where to look for a reliable insured cleaner !   
thats correct  ;)

matt

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 12:11:02 pm »
i will put my name forward for this

i will start a sort of franchise for a leafet drop

the leaflet will have a website on, your details get put on this website

of course you will have to sign up to give me 10 % of all your income for life, but thats just a small downside

the upside is you will get exposure country-wide

e.mail me your names and i will get on with it

dai

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 09:52:10 pm »
Spick and span is working for me, they have a top Google listing when someone types in window cleaners.
3 good jobs so far, and it didn't cost me a penny. Dai

Londoner

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2008, 08:11:55 am »
Spick and span is working for me, they have a top Google listing when someone types in window cleaners.
3 good jobs so far, and it didn't cost me a penny. Dai

Haven't had one yet, but I live in hope.