MNWC

Re: New pole
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 07:33:18 pm »
Nice job their Dave,

How much water does your van hold and how much water do you use in total,

I shall hazard a guess and say ....mmm..... Roughly 1000 ltrs.

Any one else...

Marcus

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 07:36:47 pm »
60 ft is a doddle , if i thought it was that easy i would have bought a bigger one

This ones got steelies too

[attachment deleted by admin]

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 07:39:54 pm »
The green van holds 1.4 tons , the white one holds 1 ton

i use about 1500 litres ow water a day at the moment.

The pictures are of 6 different jobs not just one

TennetClean

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 07:46:00 pm »
designer stubble lol

never leave the house without shaving!
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 07:49:27 pm »
Tennant that was at the end of a long hard week , when you fall out of bed at 5.30 am shaving is sometimes the last thing you want to do.

I do look at bit scruffy there dont I

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 07:50:40 pm »
Got my trainers on true , i can remember getting all my boots thouroughly soaked that week to

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »
On some of these pics I really wonder how you are doing them? Are you also 100% doing them without ladders for access ie the back with the conservatories? What about the glass railings?  ???   :)

Adam Boss

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 09:13:59 am »
Respect to you Dave,
 this is where WFP comes into it's own. Great jobs and not one for trad guys at that height and sloping road. ;) ;)
Regards

Adam
EST: 1988

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 10:11:17 am »
GQC

The jobs are technically quite difficult, you certainly have to use your head on these jobs, none of them are straight forward.
You can imagine the sleepless nights worrying if you can clean them or not.

Ladders are required on some of the jobs but nothing too daunting.
The glass panels are cleaned everytime also.

The windows above the conservatories, especially the triangular ones are a real pane, they really exhaust you because the pole has to be held at exreme angles.

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 10:40:44 am »
Foxman

Can i tell them how much i paid  ;D

Pj

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 12:32:31 pm »
Well done, Dave

Some very good work there.  1k a day if you go for it, I'm sure. ;)

Good pole.  I was curious

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2008, 12:43:54 pm »
GQC

The jobs are technically quite difficult, you certainly have to use your head on these jobs, none of them are straight forward.
You can imagine the sleepless nights worrying if you can clean them or not.

Ladders are required on some of the jobs but nothing too daunting.
The glass panels are cleaned everytime also.

The windows above the conservatories, especially the triangular ones are a real pane, they really exhaust you because the pole has to be held at exreme angles.

Dave

So with the glass balcony, you do get the ladder out, otherwise I don't see how you would do it.

Yea, I bet you had a sleepless night or two. :)

How would you rate the pole, are you really happy with it? Can I also ask why you went for a telescopic, and not a modular SL2 or so?

Thanks

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 03:14:36 pm »
Pj

Thanks

GQC

The picture of the building with glass balconies is about 6 times bigger than the picture shows, i think it is 34 flats, the top ones are £600k each. They expect every piece of glass to be cleaned.

The pole

Heres how i rate it.

overall i am quite pleased, the sections are 6 ft so i can extend and lower it VERY easily whilst it is upright, i didnt want a pole i had to lay flat every time i needed to change the length.
For the price it is a good competent pole.

Over the next few weeks i am going to buy some more big poles as i can see a need for all types, like i dont need a 60ft pole to do a 45 ft job.

The reason i went for telescopic is that it is all there in my hands and can be adjusted rapidly, instead of going back and forth working out which sections i need, it is also what i am used to.

Also IN MY opinion a telescpic looks a lot more pro ad not as embarrassing when the building owner wonders what you are doing.

There is still a place for a modular, but not as a main big pole, i will still buy one but needed a telescopic first.

With a telescopic you just get it out of the van extend it, plug it in then away you go,

with a modular, you get your bits out , work out which peice goes where, lay your hose out, velcro it in place, put an end cap on, put the pole up then hope you have got the right height, if not put another piece on or take a piece of put another end cap on then you can do the window. If you want a foot adjustment because you are in a tight spot , then you just have to put up with the length you have got.
Then on to the next window, Have you still got the correct height ?

Like i said i will still buy a modular as they do have there place, but for me not an every day pole.

Dave

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 04:45:08 pm »
Yea, if you put it that way I guess there are some valid points to go telescopic or modular.

How's the weight? Not too bad?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 04:55:20 pm »
The weight feels similar to a 40ft glass fibre so not too bad.