Re: 45ft pole
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 09:03:31 pm »
Alan,

Fair point, although i dont think that our poles are more expensive than the other makes you mentioned.

the difference with our poles is simply the design and build all other poles will wear due to the materials used in manufacture.

our simply dont. they are longer than certain poles when shut but from the companies that have tested them extending them had never been a problem.

im 6ft (give or take) but people under and over my height get on just fine with them,.

The main reason that we have slightly longer sections is due to actually making a pole thats the height it states ie: 35 ft is 35ft not 31ft plus your hip etc.

the pole diameters are the smallest in the world and thats just the start of it.

Kind Regards, Stuart

www.skypolewfp.com

macmac

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 09:06:04 pm »
Alan,

Fair point, although i dont think that our poles are more expensive than the other makes you mentioned.

the difference with our poles is simply the design and build all other poles will wear due to the materials used in manufacture.

our simply dont. they are longer than certain poles when shut but from the companies that have tested them extending them had never been a problem.

im 6ft (give or take) but people under and over my height get on just fine with them,.

The main reason that we have slightly longer sections is due to actually making a pole thats the height it states ie: 35 ft is 35ft not 31ft plus your hip etc.

the pole diameters are the smallest in the world and thats just the start of it.

Kind Regards, Stuart

www.skypolewfp.com

Stuart

Can the 45ft pole be lifted at full extent from the ground by one man or does it have to be walked up a wall?

Tony

macmac

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 09:22:13 pm »
Tony, you should try a Durapole - gives the Facelift a run for its money big time. All the same features but stronger.

Tool free removable sections?

Tony

alanwilson

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 09:32:23 pm »
foxman - your durapole is about 150+VAT more than the facelift, which (I'm only going by what others have said) is already a class leading pole.

Stuart - I appreciate your input but other than slimmer sections how does your pole beat the c-xtel?

I'm still unsure but I bet I'd be happy with either the c-xtel or the facelift or Ionics, remember we've been using a 45ft universal carbon for years!!  Even I know its crap, staff keep reminding me, but I can't expect them to go on using it.  I hate it so its not fair me asking them to use it when I don't want to.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

macmac

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 09:37:40 pm »
foxman - your durapole is about 150+VAT more than the facelift, which (I'm only going by what others have said) is already a class leading pole.

Stuart - I appreciate your input but other than slimmer sections how does your pole beat the c-xtel?

I'm still unsure but I bet I'd be happy with either the c-xtel or the facelift or Ionics, remember we've been using a 45ft universal carbon for years!!  Even I know its crap, staff keep reminding me, but I can't expect them to go on using it.  I hate it so its not fair me asking them to use it when I don't want to.

Any pole that doesn't have easily removable sections then you're stuck with it at full length. this in it'self is a big burdon to shoulder & restricts it's usability big time! ;)

Tony

craig21t

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 10:24:21 pm »
ive used this pole, its very well made, the sections are a doddle to remove, and each section has a protective cap at its base, so the sections are truly independent, not just cut at end of tube the have protection. for our kind of work (commercial) its brilliant. great pole.

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 11:29:39 am »
Tony,

To extende the pole you simply extend the first couple of sections at a slight angle as i would guess normally,

then extend as normal.

Alan,

Our pole simply does not wear like all other poles, the diameter improves handeling, they weigh simular.

and all of our poles can be completely taken apart, the price of our poles is around the same as the rest a bit more expensive than one or two but a lot cheaper than the rest.

espeacially with the introductory offer on at present.

regards, Stuart

www.skypolewfp.com

TennetClean

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 01:43:32 pm »
stuart

7ft sections LOL

no offense but that fact alone puts it well behind other poles that are 6ft sections, such as the facelift.

A 40ft pole (or even a shorter one) that is in 7ft sections is a step BACKWARD not forward.  Even if as you say they are harder wearing, i'd happily put up with facelift with 6ft sections over a 7ft section pole anyday, even if it wont last quite as long.

A hard wearing pole is not much good if its not easy to actually use.

Also I find it very hard to believe that your pole "simply doesnt wear like all other poles".   LOL did you cast a spell on them to make them magically immune to wear.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

eddie d

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 12:33:15 pm »
skypole:- looks like the clamping system is the same as or very similar to omnipoles powerpole .which is a nightmare to use as the clamps are forever slipping .

dave ,dont go for 8 ft sections they are very awkward.

that leaves modular at above 35 ,which is when the wheight kicks on.(but i have never tried one or seen one .

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 05:00:51 pm »
Trying to use any pole over 6ft lengths is a real nightmare, even raising it up a wall, gets tricky at 40ft plus. Ideal height is 5ft 6inches IMO. If it's too short the clamp gets in the way when you're trying to clean tall work. 4ft 6inch poles are ok on low work but clamps are a pain getting in the way for tall panes of glass. When it comes to buying a pole I choose the ideal height and simplicity of using clamps to speed up my work. Awkward clamps and it slows me down. Awkward heights (pole sections), slow me down too.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 05:08:11 pm »
I would just like to give the manufacturers one of my ideas.
Why don't you make the first three sections of a pole 8ft long as these are the lightest to keep the weight of a pole lighter in proportion to the achievable total height of a pole. These can be extended out of the pole before raising it. Then add 5ft 6 inch remaining lengths for simplicity in reaching the clamps whist keeping the girth (diameter) of a pole to the bare minimum in achieving a greater height for a WF pole. It would be more practical.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2008, 05:11:49 pm »
Why don't you make the first three sections of a pole 8ft long as these are the lightest to keep the weight of a pole lighter in proportion to the achievable total height of a pole. These can be extended out of the pole before raising it. Then add 5ft 6 inch remaining lengths for simplicity in reaching the clamps whist keeping the girth (diameter) of a pole to the bare minimum in achieving a greater height for a WF pole. It would be more practical.

This is an idea that we have been looking at. One of the problems with this is that the least rigid sections would now be the longest hence increasing their flexibility further. The longer a section the greater the flex. But it is still an interesting idea.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 05:16:39 pm »
8 ft glass fibre sections are not to bad because you can get a lot of bend when extending them

I use 40 ft Ionics Glass fibre and i can with a "little" bit of struggling extend the pole when it is upright.

Whay you do is extend 2-3  sections sideways lift upright , then you will find you can bend the pole against the pole against the wall enough for you to just get to the clamps, when you have got it to the level you want , the last section is 6 ft so you have got a good margin to adjust.

A carbon fibres downfall is you cant bend it enough to get at the clamps.

Dave

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 05:20:23 pm »

Alex,

One very cheap solution for making longer sections more rigid at the joints/clamps would be to double the length remaining inside the clamped area when the pole has been extended.

This is an idea that we have been looking at. One of the problems with this is that the least rigid sections would now be the longest hence increasing their flexibility further. The longer a section the greater the flex. But it is still an interesting idea.

NWH

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 05:21:22 pm »
The sections on glass fiber poles are not smooth sliding enough,getting it up and down over that height is a job in itself,it`s ok i suppose if you have loads of window`s to clean at one height but putting it up and down all the time can be a neck breaker.