s.hughes

Re: Walking too far
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 12:20:08 pm »
Wonder what systems we will all be using in 10 years time. There is always a debate about trade and wfp now it seems it includes van mounts and trolleys.

matt

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 12:29:40 pm »
the trailing hoses are the only reason i still use a trolley, i have a van now, its big enough for a 650 L tank,

but those hoses are a concearn to me, but i might have mentioned that ;)

billygoat

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 01:58:01 pm »
The hoses concern me to,because it s the only thing that worries me about getting a van mount.

But I'm going to give it a go and have ordered a custom tank(has to fit round a lawnmower that I carry in the van for most of the year)

I use the backpack on a trolley at the moment, but I think the vanmount might be better most the time, because I clean mainly large detached properties.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 02:01:49 pm »
The hoses concern me to,because it s the only thing that worries me about getting a van mount.

But I'm going to give it a go and have ordered a custom tank(has to fit round a lawnmower that I carry in the van for most of the year)

I use the backpack on a trolley at the moment, but I think the vanmount might be better most the time, because I clean mainly large detached properties.

If thats the work you have then a van mount would be perfect just set up your hose and away you go
I would keep the backpack though for that odd awkward job that can be done quicker with a backpack just another tool in your rather large sounding box( with lawn mower and all)  ;D

Dean

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 03:17:03 pm »
Now....... if only i could wear a 650ltr back pack - that would save my legs i'm sure.

s.hughes

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 03:19:40 pm »
the trailing hoses are the only reason i still use a trolley, i have a van now, its big enough for a 650 L tank,

Matt, if you got the van mount would you still only do tops?

Steve

matt

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 03:59:41 pm »

Steve

yes i would expect so, for the following reasons

the bottoms are done and i know they are done well the trad way

doing trad doesnt take much longer than WFP, but does a good job that the customer can see on the spot

the customer prefere's the trad way ( yes, most really do )

MJH

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 04:17:55 pm »

Steve

yes i would expect so, for the following reasons

the bottoms are done and i know they are done well the trad way

doing trad doesnt take much longer than WFP, but does a good job that the customer can see on the spot

the customer prefere's the trad way ( yes, most really do )
i am the same as you Matt, wfp tops aswell only for the same reason, and im on a water meter so it saves me about 1000 litres a week!! which would add up over time!

xxmattyxx

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 06:13:48 pm »
Dont you get wet trading underneath WFP'd windows?

MJH

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 06:22:27 pm »
Dont you get wet trading underneath WFP'd windows?
No by the time i have done the tops nearly all the water has run off, i don't have any problems doing tops only.

billygoat

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 08:02:50 pm »
If thats the work you have then a van mount would be perfect just set up your hose and away you go 
I would keep the backpack though for that odd awkward job that can be done quicker with a backpack just another tool in your rather large sounding box( with lawn mower and all)

Definately keeping backpack cause it will be better on some jobs.
Trouble is my 'BOX' is only a Peugeot Partner so its all a bit of a squeeze,but its got a few good years left in it yet,so it will have to do.

Tosh

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 04:59:29 pm »
The bulk of my work consists of Semis and terraced houses and parking is a complete nightmare for much of my work.

I have streets where I may have 10 to 15 good sized houses, but only one space where I could fit my car into; maybe.  Sometimes I drive into streets, drop off my barrells at strategic points, and park in another street, 'cos there's just NO parking.

We used to do another place; a 14th Century Manor House; and getting round to the front of it was impossible unless you had 300 meters of hose; there's no way you'd get the hose through the house, not with all the creamy-white carpet they had.

If I'm having this problem with a backpack, I just wouldn't be to work with a van-mount.

I suppose I could get a van-mount and get new work, but I'm no marketting whizz kid and I'm really happy with the work I've got; though I do need some more.

Maybe I'll get a van-mount in the future, but for now I'm sticking with the backpack.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 07:36:43 pm »
You see? horses for courses, it really depends on the nature of the bulk of your work.
For Tosh the only real option is a back pack for a great deal of his work...but that isn't to say he wouldn't benefit greatly from having a van mount/back pack...the best of both worlds then.
He can still do his compacted work that is unsuitable for a van mount, but would also have to capacity for the larger commercial or domestic work where having a large amount of water constantly on tap would be a big advantage.

I picked up a £15.00 account today where a back pack would be a definite advantage....distance I have to park, lots of flower pots & troughs etc...though not for the first time clean (couple days time).

Gonna invest in a back pack this year for just this kind of work.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 10:16:51 pm »
Hi All,

This year I am planning to have ALL 3:

Backpack as it is for main use.
I am presently building up properly the old trolley I started with.
I want to be able to get it on and off my trailer with the minimum of lifting.
While it is mounted on the trailer I would like to be able to connect the inlet pipe direct to the tank and have a hose reel on the trailer so as to have a Trailer mount.

I'm in no hurry to sort this out and I don't want to spend a lot on it as I am quite happy with my backpack.

I can, however, see the point that other methods may be better on different jobs.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

matt

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 10:29:17 pm »
i plan to fit a tank to me van ( well its a thought i have had )

the idea is when i do commercail bigger houses i can run the hose and crack on, it will be powered from my trolley though

i have also got to find time to do a new trolley, based on a sack truck with a smaller battery ( this 44 aph is ideal )