jeff1

Run your Petrol & Diesel vehicles on WATER
« on: January 10, 2008, 08:56:59 pm »
This is a real thing not pie in the sky so take a look.

For those Guys registered on petrolprice.com its on there site, just click the link below, there is a little more  on there site about it.
http://www.petrolprices.com/blog/-the-year-of-the-electric-car-90.html

For those of you who arn't registered I don't know if this link will get you there?
http://www.water-4-fuel.com/

Cleaner Windows

Re: Run your Petrol vehicle on WATER
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 09:11:54 pm »
very interesting! from watching scrapyard challenge I know that electric engines can produce some really good "pull off" times so maybe in time with the right experience and knowledge these cars will be good enough to sway us petrolheads and others to buy them. Its a nice idea isn't it!?  ;)
when I'm cleaning windows

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 09:14:08 pm »
very interesting! from watching scrapyard challenge I know that electric engines can produce some really good "pull off" times so maybe in time with the right experience and knowledge these cars will be good enough to sway us petrolheads and others to buy them. Its a nice idea isn't it!?  ;)
The thing is this technology has been known for years, its the petrol companies who stopped the idea getting onto the open market, I haven't had a full read of it yet but I intend to.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 09:33:46 pm »
I dont mind being called a water head, pertol is way over taxed  ::)

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 09:51:17 pm »
Just read it works for Diesel as well, so I'm changing the title to match

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 09:56:07 pm »
its a sad world really when ideas like this need to be concentrated on, but no one seems to give it a real go!
i am a petrol head but for the sake of the environment i would willingly sacrofice the 0- 60 etc for a safer and cheaper way of getting around! my kids and their kids have got to live here after me.
Its like that windfarm thing! why do ppl rant about them and say they would ruin the environment cos they look horrible? when they are the same ppl who are pushing for greener emmissions etc? i'm sure its worth any little sacrifice to try and make things better!
maybe its not true, maybe we arent contributing to the greenhouse effect as much as they reckon, but whats the harm in changing things?
when I'm cleaning windows

jouk45

Re: Run your Petrol & Diesel vehicles on WATER
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 10:20:57 pm »
i watch a movie set on true events, in 1940s a man patent the first water engine,  the petrol companys tried to buy him out, he was having non of it, story is the he and his wive.  blank,  dont want to spoil it as you might watch it  ;D thing is inventors are scared to declare those kind of inventions, for fear of being bumped of, :-\

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 10:22:18 pm »
'O' No we need distilled water to operate it, something us guy's are short of ;D and some baking soda.

Just a little extract I took from the page.

We're not going to go over everything here. You'll get all the instructions. But here are the major factors you have to know:

SAFETY FIRST: First thing you have to understand is there are NO safety hazards - this system is SAFE. Yes, pure Hydrogen that is dangerous. And it is dangerous to store it in high-pressure tanks. But we do NOT generate Hydrogen, you see, we generate HHO. The presence of Oxygen and water vapor in our system makes HHO very safe! Yes, HHO is a powerful combustible gas. But it's NOT explosive like pure Hydrogen. It does NOT need cooling and will be ignited only by the strong spark inside your engine. This has been proven by many thousands of miles of road tests in harsh weather and road conditions.  

Again, we don't generate Hydrogen; we generate HHO - and also WE DO NOT STORE IT. All HHO produced gets consumed by the engine right away. Bottom line: unlike "Hydrogen Cars" this system is VERY SAFE.

MAINTENANCE: Little service needed, maybe 5 minutes a week. You will get easy to follow instructions. You need basic technical skills or someone to do it for you. What's needed? It is recommended that you inspect it weekly, add a bit of water (? cup a week) and every 3-6 weeks put 3 cups of distilled water and 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda. More maintenance is rarely needed. We do not supply parts; those can be obtained very cheaply from hardware stores (catalog numbers provided for your convenience) so you can enjoy this technology for many years with very little expense.

SPACE REQUIREMENTS: The minimal space required for installation is 3.7 inch wide (9.4 cm) by 8 inch tall (20.3 cm). You should have easy access to the device. Ideal places we have found are near the washer fluid, the battery or in front of the radiator.
The system you will learn is very easy - you can make many copies of it. Per our policy of "Open Source" you will get instructions and cheap resources to fully duplicate this system and create more Water4Gas units for your friends - using only easily obtained hardware and simple tools!!! NOTHING is hidden or complicated. The Power Of Simplicity is at your service!

chrismroberts

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 10:43:37 pm »
Has anyone tried it? Does it work? puts me off that he wants 50 bucks for the information.... fair enough if its useful, could save you a packet.... but if its a scam, tis £30 down the drain.

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 10:45:51 pm »
Has anyone tried it? Does it work? puts me off that he wants 50 bucks for the information.... fair enough if its useful, could save you a packet.... but if its a scam, tis £30 down the drain.
I haven't gone into petrolprice.coms forum to have a read yet, but you can be sure if its on petrolprice.com its no scam.

Tim Rose

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:50:57 pm »
Here you go, bascially free money or your life back etc etc. , free money/sex/women, men/blah blah,/drugs, happiness for life just send $50 etc...

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 11:13:44 pm »
actually rosy there is some sense in this !!!! the thing they are selling is abrowns gas electrolyzer it splits water into hydrogen and oxygen by electrolysis (did you pay attention in physics at school???????????????) the baking soda is an alkali and increases the efficiency of the reaction.Oxyhydrogen is the gas produced and it is used in welding and has been used to make cars burn less petrol before .It is often introduced through the inlet manifold on petrol engines but i dont see how it can work on a diesel engine cos i thought it needed a high ignition temp but it also needs a high compresion ratio to burn properly so i am confused.Must say tho the kit they are selling looks abit .......mmm how you say......crappy ;D ???

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 11:16:22 pm »
by the way you cant run your vehicle on water this just reduces your fuel consumption.......allegedly

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 11:18:43 pm »
and i am pretty sure the timing would need to be altered.....probly

chrismroberts

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 11:25:08 pm »
actually rosy there is some sense in this !!!! the thing they are selling is abrowns gas electrolyzer it splits water into hydrogen and oxygen by electrolysis (did you pay attention in physics at school???????????????) the baking soda is an alkali and increases the efficiency of the reaction.Oxyhydrogen is the gas produced and it is used in welding and has been used to make cars burn less petrol before .It is often introduced through the inlet manifold on petrol engines but i dont see how it can work on a diesel engine cos i thought it needed a high ignition temp but it also needs a high compresion ratio to burn properly so i am confused.Must say tho the kit they are selling looks abit .......mmm how you say......crappy ;D ???

Oh yeh, the physics works, definitely. BMW have been working on hydrogen combustion engines for years, theyre based on the 5 liter 7 series engine and can burn petrol as well. Its just they use supercooled stored hydrogen, very volatile.

All that is needed is a way of producing hydrogen, from water, using electrolysis "on the fly" as it were.... which is what this is. But like you say... it looks a little "crappy" for sure  :-\

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 11:29:07 pm »
;D ;D ;D Nice one  ;)
Actually there not selling a kit, you build it yourself, thats why it looks DIY, also there are 5 kits for different applications, I'm tempted to give it a try, but I do agree with the Diesel theory though, so will read on to see if anything comes to light.

Also the Americans are using it on there Big Gas guzzlers

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 11:49:21 pm »
electrolysis of water  produces hydrogen at one electrode and oxygen at the other . big companys use various methods to seperate these gases because that is what they want but oxyhydroogen is very combustible on its own i just cant se how it can work on a diesel engine which most people on here have for their vans .To be honest i cant see it working at all no offence :) would you buy it ???????

chrismroberts

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 11:54:36 pm »
electrolysis of water  produces hydrogen at one electrode and oxygen at the other . big companys use various methods to seperate these gases because that is what they want but oxyhydroogen is very combustible on its own i just cant se how it can work on a diesel engine which most people on here have for their vans .To be honest i cant see it working at all no offence :) would you buy it ???????

I wouldnt buy THIS particular "book", no... but the basic idea is good. Hydrogen combustion works, fact. And it works with minimal alteration to petrol engines. Dont know about diesels though....  :-\ The trick is finding a way to produce and extract hydrogen from water fast enough and reliably enough to power an engine, which is consuming fuel thousands of times a minute.

jeff1

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 12:03:57 am »
Hey! No offence taken, this is what forums are about :) sensible discussions.
As for buying the book yes I may just buy it, £25 isn't the end of the world, if it works on my petrol engine then I'm onto a winner.
The only way the car engine will get damaged, is if I stick the water directly into my Tank ;D and I'm not about to do that am I? (no comments please ;D)

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 12:13:58 am »
this kit DOES NOT produce hydrogen it produces oxyhdrogen(HHO) a seperate process is required to seperate oxygen and hydrogen from HHO .This is IMO having viewed the link a jam jar with ssteel electrodes run from battery using baking soda to speed up reaction sited in engine compartment.How is gas introduced into engine combustion cycle???? i dont know enough about how that bit of the process works to want to buy this kit and although i hope it does work and would be first to buy one if it did i have to say that i suspect it probably dont