dai

Re: Poxy weather every thing freezing
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 08:37:34 pm »
Hose froze, micro bore connectors froze. I did one job and only walked 30 yards and the pole hose was frozen again. Water dripping onto the pole froze so couldn't adjust my pole. I had a pee behind my van, and in 30 mins it had frozen. Sometimes you just have to call it a day. Dai

pjulk

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 11:03:01 pm »
Got quite a bit done in the end today.
Did a couple of ladder jobs then went and done some bungalows.

Got home went out in my car and got a bloody puncture.
And i have one of those stupid space saver spare wheels.
So i won't get a lot done tomorrow now as need the car over xmas and i not driving it about on the spare.
So 1st thing tomorrow get the tyre done.
Then i may get a couple of jobs done then over to my son's college at 1pm as he has some presentation thing on.

Then off until the 3rd jan.
What does not get done can wait.

Paul

Ian_Giles

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 11:28:22 pm »
No problems for me ;D
I was out working by 7am, cold of course and well below freezing, but didn't have any freeze up probs at all.

Fan heater in van overnight, set on frost stat setting...sorted, have had a really good week too ;)

Did warn Squeaky a few days ago that he needed to get something to keep the back of the van above freezing, but he brushed my warnings aside...he knew better!
Today he was stuffed, his microbore was well frozen!

Hope he doesn't need water in the morning cos my transfer hose is froze solid!

Luckily I filled my tank to the brim, so I've enough water to last me another 2 full working days  ;D

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Pittmonkey

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 12:12:05 am »
Ian what fan heater do you use in the van?

wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 12:15:36 am »
Hope he doesn't need water in the morning cos my transfer hose is froze solid!
It won't be in the morning.

I bloody crippled myself carrying my hosereel full of water in tonight to combat the problem, and guess what?
There's no frost. >:(

mark dew

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 03:23:03 am »
Did warn Squeaky a few days ago that he needed to get something to keep the back of the van above freezing, but he brushed my warnings aside...he knew better!
Today he was stuffed, his microbore was well frozen!

lol. patience of a saint.

Nothing a detention and a hundred lines won't sort out.

Until next time!!  ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 06:30:11 am »
Ian what fan heater do you use in the van?

wayne

I just use a cheapo 2 kilowatt fan heater from my local hardware store, about £15 or so.
It has a frost stat setting, so obviously only cuts in long enough to keep the back of the van above freezing.
I am lucky in that I can have an extension lead out to the van, so getting power out there to run the heater isn't a problem for me.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2007, 06:08:33 pm »
I put a defroster heater by the pump the evening before.

I use a hair drier for about an hour before I leave - in the back of the van - for the hoses not my hair! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007, 06:24:19 pm »
the water froze on a customers conservatory so bad today i had to get the credit card out and scrape the ice off of every window too ages   >:(
you should have left it and charged more for ice cleaning, people use hot so why not ice  ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 07:15:15 pm »
Get a diesel heater fitted in the van, they are only about £1300 fitted, i go out to my van & turn her on 30 mins before i go & the van is like a oven. I could put her on the stat over night  but i'm too tight to pay for the diesel.  ;)

Too tight!!!??

I hope your running it on the red stuff. Its half the price

xxmattyxx

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 11:09:32 pm »
Get a diesel heater fitted in the van, they are only about £1300 fitted, i go out to my van & turn her on 30 mins before i go & the van is like a oven. I could put her on the stat over night  but i'm too tight to pay for the diesel.  ;)

ONLY £1,300 ? ? ?

Did he say only??

pingu

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2007, 08:18:40 am »
it's 09.18 and -6.1 at the moment....jeeeeeeeeeeeees when will it stop??

Davew

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2007, 08:38:56 am »
Blimey you'll be able to skate on the canals this afternoon.

pingu

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2007, 09:17:49 am »
I have 2 x 500l vats which contain my water and have a water temp probe about about half way down and that is 0.8 deg and the air temp has now risen to -5.4 so it's getting better..

Dave.

dai

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2007, 10:08:21 pm »
It's not until I start work that things freeze up. I too use a small electric heater. The water was freezing as it dripped down the pole. I only stopped the water flow for 1 minute and the silicon hose was frozen, the brass micro bore connectors froze solid too. I run the hose up the outside of the pole so it's easy to dunk the whole lot into a bucket of warm water.
I think this has been a bit of a wake up call to us WFP users. It has serious short comings for working in sub zero temperatures. Even a hot water system would not prevent the water drips freezing as they run down the pole, and preventing you from making any adjustment for length.
After two years with WFP, I think I would pack it in before going back to trad. Dai