jeff1

Is This Cheap Micro Bore Hose
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:12:14 pm »
I have been offered 6/8mm int dimension micro bore hose for £11 for 30m, and the customer was telling me that it is food quality, for milk machines that he repairs.

my question is,  is this a good price for 30m clear micro bore hose? if so how much would I expect to pay normaly?

If it is a good price I can find out his supplier and post it on here for all to see.

H h20

Re: Is This Cheap Micro Bore Hose
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 04:20:41 pm »
I have been offered 6/8mm int dimension micro bore hose for £11 for 30m, and the customer was telling me that it is food quality, for milk machines that he repairs.

my question is,  is this a good price for 30m clear micro bore hose? if so how much would I expect to pay normaly?

If it is a good price I can find out his supplier and post it on here for all to see.

Hi Jeff,i would reccomend you getting the double layered hose,especially with it being coloured for safety,i use this in yellow http://www.altecweb.com/home.asp?cat=Subcategory4300
its had a lot of hammering and still in good condition,Gaz  ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:21:34 pm »
Use the clear stuff and just wait for the lawsuits to start rolling in!!!!!

No well written Method statement/ Risk assesment would include using 'see-through' hose.

Alex

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 05:32:03 pm »
Fair point guys

Thanks for the link Gaz

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 05:40:07 pm »

No well written Method statement/ Risk assesment would include using 'see-through' hose.

Alex

explanation required  please for the uninitiated  :)

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 05:48:54 pm »

Alex

explanation required  please for the uninitiated  :)

JohnL

John I would have thought being clear would be a trip hazzard, But i would also have thought if its being used on a trolley or back pack this souldn't be an issue? I dont Know ???

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 07:40:05 pm »
Using clear un-marked hose is in itself a trip hazard both for yourself (just as important to the HSE) and the public. A risk assesment is to identify such risks and then outline ways to remove/reduce/contain the risk. One way to reduce/contain the risk would be to use a self-warning hose such as bright yellow.

A method statment is an oputline of your entire safe working practice and would need to include how you use warning systems in your work method.

If you use just a short length from your bacpack to your pole however I can't see this being a problem.

Alex

JohnL

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 09:57:56 pm »
oh come on, I worked around clear hose-pipes in the food and other industries for years and never came close to seeing an accident because the pipes are not invisible they are white curly things that lay all over the place and stand out very predominantly because with water in them they become opaque!

Sorry I done buy that!

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 10:18:11 pm »
Hmm what if your colour blind  :) ie its still a trip hazard.

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 10:23:18 pm »
Hmm what if your colour blind  :) ie its still a trip hazard.

;D ;D Nice One I agree Jeff  ;D ;D

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 10:57:35 pm »
jeff, iv solved the problem, just put  helium balloons about  pavment length on the hose each side,  up it rises no trip hazard, and no colour needed  am i a genius   or what lol  ;D  ;D

mick40

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 11:02:48 pm »
jouk is there any chance you could put the picture of your trolley system up for me.cheers.
if i eat myself will i be twice as fat or will i disappear?

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 11:05:20 pm »
mick its in the gallary, at the top of this forum, under trolley pics, think its page 3 or 4,

VIEW THE 12V WASHER SYSTEM HERE, just click on download
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=40425

mick40

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 11:10:23 pm »
cheers jouk.also do i really need the RO thing.my mate seems to think i dont need it,as our water is soft????????????? ??? ??? ???

jouk45

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 11:13:58 pm »
you would use a di vessel, but mick? i dont have an ro on my trolley, where are you seeing that, are you looking at the right one. ::)

mick40

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 11:19:07 pm »
sorry for bothering you mate.the di vessel how much and where do i get them jouk.also,what height do those pumps work up to.

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 11:27:17 pm »
mick, cleantech do a great deal on new di vessels, but if you ask they also have reconditioned ones at a much lower price, they are a great company to deal with just give them a phone, my pole only gos to 25feet and it works that height no probs, i think it could go up to 30feet very comfortably, mick i desgned it for domestic only,

mick40

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 11:29:31 pm »
my mates got a marine pump would this be ok for the job.i havent seen it yet so cant really explain the size.

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 11:30:07 pm »
mick, are you registared at matts site, if so full instructions how to build it is in the showcase,hope that help

jouk45

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 11:33:22 pm »
mick, iv never dealt with marine pumps, so i cant help you sorry, am sure someone here will know,