lancashire cleanin

wfp help
« on: May 30, 2006, 04:45:30 pm »
Hi every one.

Can any one help please. i bought a wfp set up about 3 months ago. Did all the ususal stuff and told my customer the benifits of the wfp, then warned them about the 2-3 cleans where it may leave dots or smears on the glass.

I have cleaned them now 5 or 6 times and still leaving dots behind. I can see when im cleaning the windows droplets of water in straight lines which i know will dry spotty. I have noticed it is alot worse when the sun is shining on the glass. I am running out of excuses to my customers, its stressing me out.

Does anyone know why this is still happening?

Could the water not be filtered enough?
Is it the brush head?
Am i not using enough water?

welmac

Re: wfp help
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 05:11:13 pm »
TBH it could be a couple of things.
what does your water TDS at after its filtered?
and secondly, if you havent been doing it for long it could be that your technique needs looking at  :-X (not trying to offend you, but ive been there myself and it took me a while to get it right at first)

at the end of the day if the water is drying spotty its because it isnt "clean water", ie: not rinsed well enough, thus still containing particles of dirt from the glass, or its not purified enough.

hope this helps!

WWW.WELMAC.CO.UK

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 05:22:04 pm »
hi sounds like you have possibly got something in your brush soak it in pure water make sure the water coming through is pure. and if in doubt Rinse! Rinse! Rinse! Also what type of windows are you cleaning ? alloy, wood, plastic?? ??? ;D

jeff evans

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 05:54:07 pm »
Hi .
Have you throughly cleaned all the frames first ?

Do any of the windows have vents at the top these need to be avoided like the plague ?

You should also check out the downstair windows first to see how dirty they are, this will give you a good idea how much work is required on the upstairs, windows upstairs are allways dirter than the downstairs

just a couple of thoughts

Hope this helps

Jeff

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 06:08:47 pm »
1) Make sure your water reading is 000 at the brush head or in your working water tank, if not you need to give your water a final polish before using.

2) Like Jeff says, the frames above and surrounding need ot be cleaned throughly. It will pay you to do all the frames first then go back around and reclean the glass only (normally how we do a first clean)

3) If you have cleaned any vents you will need to go back to them and really give them a good clean. Inside these vents are filters that hold all the dust and crap and are a real nightmare once wet. However, if you give them a really good blast they tend to wash out eventually.

4) RINSING - Everyone, including myself will stress how important this is. Think of cleaning your car with soap and not washing the soap off, the car is clean but will dry terrible if not washed off. The same principle applies with WFP, you have agitated all the dirt and grime on the window but you must RINSE throughly from the top, going side to side, in a downward manner.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes, Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

JohnL

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 07:38:54 pm »
As I am thinking of WFP for the future this comment puts the wind up me - and I have seen similar comments before

3) If you have cleaned any vents you will need to go back to them and really give them a good clean. Inside these vents are filters that hold all the dust and crap and are a real nightmare once wet. However, if you give them a really good blast they tend to wash out eventually.

when blasting it out, where does all the c**p go?   ;D   ;D 

serious question btw because all I can think is that it goes into the customers house   ;D    ;D    ;D

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

abacus

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 08:25:38 pm »
hi john
 the vents rearly are much more than a hole with a plastic fly gard to the outside and a closing mech inside but the dirt does lay in them if you blast them out the inside needs to be closed they may still eep a little.
however after washing them the first time I try to avoid cleaning the top rail and start at the top of the glass its just alot easyer the if the people are out it does not matter if they have left the vent open

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 08:26:59 pm »
hi with reference to vents i would if at all possible steer clear of them they are a pain in the butt!!! as more than often the water goes straight through!! i have done this once!! never done it since. best to clean vents with caution. if you have to clean them do it with a low flow of water though i tend not to do them if at all possible

lancashire cleanin

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 08:31:49 am »
Hi everyone

Just like to say thanks to everyone for your comments. I will give them all a try today and the rest of the week.

Thanks everyone

Barry