easy clean

doing insides?????
« on: May 29, 2006, 10:39:23 pm »
i've been cleaning windows now for about 4 months so i'm still a bit of a novice although i'm getting professionall results! but lets be honest using a wfp is cheeting, it's so easy my neice could prob get the same results!

anyway, i've only ever cleaned using the wfp and so many people are asking me to do the insides of their windows (obviously not with wfp), whats the best way to clean inside? is it worth the hassle? and how do you price inside? same as outside or should i charge more for all the messing around?

all comments welcome, thanks alot for all your help

jon.

brett walker

Re: doing insides?????
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 10:47:34 pm »
Hi easy clean

i wouldnt describe it as cheating its hard work  ;)

every window cleaner should be able to use a squeegy this is the best way for doing insides i charge the same for insides as i do out unless there are any extra windows inside interior doors etc.  Plus you get as cup of tea, bit of customer bonding but you dont want to spend much time chatting

prices vary some you will find charge more for insides

Brett

mick40

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 11:11:10 pm »
I always make sure the sills are cleared and its easy access.I charge the same as the outsides.and i never take the bucket in the house,i use a spray bottle.
I also cover my shoes with those blue surgical disposables,it looks a bit more professional.
if i eat myself will i be twice as fat or will i disappear?

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 11:25:25 pm »
Doing insides always takes longer because of net curtains being in the way, clutter around the window sills, having to be careful with water etc...

Time costs money... So I charge the same as the outsides +50%.

Andy

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 04:14:39 pm »
I do the same, I don't like doing insides, and for all the hastle, I charge an extra 50%

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 04:25:25 pm »
I hate doing them and each time I do one I think never again so its double the outside for me.
Sussex by the sea

ronaldo

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 05:06:45 pm »
Never do insides to much hassle.

We just say we,re not insured to work inside peoples premises.

Did one years ago and it was a nightmare never done one since, got enough to do looking after the outsides let alone the insides.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Trevor Knight

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 06:28:40 pm »
Protective overshoes and a spray bottle are essential, no damaged carpets of accidents with a  bucket!!

I charge double to do inside/out.

Just one thing Jon, come and work on one of our contracts, it is a large national company head office with 135 windows on 3rd floor level. I will give you our 42ft pole, sit back in my van and take great delight in watching you cheat as you call it. When you have finished and your arms and back are killing you then tell me your neice can do it?

The system is designed for safety and having been in this industry for 15 years I have seen to many w/c's fall off roofs and ladders, myself included.

Best wishes, Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Helen

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 09:43:15 pm »
Over shoes.
No bucket more than 2 foot inside the building.
Fresh warm solution.
Empty b.o.b before starting.
Dust sheet to stop the dirty water drips going on the floor.
Customer to remove all items from sills.
Don't charge around the property like you are outdoors.
Same price as outers.