Chris A

Seagull droppings
« on: May 29, 2006, 06:11:28 pm »
What's the best way of removing gull droppings on the 4th floor, the only option is with a pole but can't seem to get enough pressure at that height. No access for mewps or rope access. It's only cleaned every 3 months and it's in Blackpool.

ducky

Re: Seagull droppings
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 07:01:25 pm »
 ???  can u not do   inside out.
if it cleans we will clean it

Chris A

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 08:10:05 pm »
Not too sure what you mean there ducky. They are non opening windows on the 4th floor, the overhanging roof means no access by ropes and the ground below is on a slant and grassy so no access by a cherry picker. Somebody suggested taping an applicator to the end of the pole but you still have no control at this height

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 08:22:35 pm »
Very light carbon fibre will give you stiffness and control to 65ft

Chris A

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 08:34:52 pm »
Where will I get one of them from jeff? Or should I just go for the unger one?

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 08:53:19 pm »
Have you tried a large (12" sq) brillo pad zip tied to the brush head?

It works for us on the 2nd and 3rd floors but I don't know about the 4th as we don't do any that high.

ducky

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 09:38:58 pm »
chris a.if they dont open i dont no mate.how high is it.

if it cleans we will clean it

abacus

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 10:15:48 pm »
 you can get an adapter to take a knife not sure if you would have much control you would have at that hight. For stubbon birds muck I usually clean the window spraying the muck and then clean the next two and then return to the mucky window and clean again however I have a couple of contracts that only have them cleaned quarterly and I have told them that if they are not prpoared to have them cleaned monthly they cannot expect mirricles if you cannot clean them by other methods then they will have to put up with the results of a less frequent clean rope access would cost more than wfp in any case.
regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

Jeff Brimble