Ian101

Re: Amazing what a bit of hypo does.
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 05:39:06 pm »
no big issue with using hypo at 15% if u know what ur doing - just don't pea in a bucket of it though  ;)

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 05:44:10 pm »
Smurf if I'd applied it at 5% scrubbed it and walked away would it have come clean if I returned an hour later?

You may have seen this vid before but shows the basic steps of cleaning render using low strength SH based sofwash mix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htl6ZNKtjoA

Mind at that height proccess 1 would be best to use a wfp brush to apply instead of a spray nozzle to help reduce spray drift.

What about the grass. Won't this stuff kill that Smurf?

its ok payment will have cleared by then  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can soon tell if someone has used hypo in pics they post doing hard surfaces like pavers as the edge of the grass (if they don't know what they are doing) in most cases has turned white  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 06:35:12 pm »
I bet that  gets the local horticultural society members talking.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 08:07:02 pm »
Just tell em it will grow back and take the money and run  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 08:13:36 pm »
Talking about growing back I passed a large block of appartments today that the render was cleaned about 6 months ago by a chap using a wfp.   I take it it was cleaned with a SH softwash mix as is starting to go green already.

Just goes to show they must have spent out a few grand to get that building render cleaned only to find 6 months down the road it looks just as bad as it did before.  ::)roll

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 08:27:46 pm »
Whats the best biocide to put on as final coat?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 08:36:01 pm »
There are a few brands to choose from as everyone seems to be getting on the bandwagon now but for longevity DIDECYLDIMETHYLAMMONIUM CHLORIDE

Tosh

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 10:10:50 pm »
I see your predictive text function is well and truly working.

You meant to say disinfectant didn’t you ;)
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CleanClear

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 10:30:03 pm »
Talking about growing back I passed a large block of appartments today that the render was cleaned about 6 months ago by a chap using a wfp.   I take it it was cleaned with a SH softwash mix as is starting to go green already.

Just goes to show they must have spent out a few grand to get that building render cleaned only to find 6 months down the road it looks just as bad as it did before.  ::)roll

Not sure if i'm reading this thread correct. You say he'd of been better off using a SH wash, then you're worried people will not use it correctly, you've been burnt by it, then its gone green quick and you think its with one of them SH softwash mixes ?
  Just use hypo then, like he did ?!!   ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 10:43:49 pm »

Not sure if i'm reading this thread correct. You say he'd of been better off using a SH wash, then you're worried people will not use it correctly, you've been burnt by it, then its gone green quick and you think its with one of them SH softwash mixes ?
  Just use hypo then, like he did ?!!   ;D

Perhaps more to the point the sellers are just trying to brain wash us all to buy both so they sell more as we are told should use a SH based softwash mix first. Then treat the clean surface with a quats biocide afterwards so it stays cleaner for longer  ;D ;D

8weekly

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 10:56:06 pm »
Lal I'm not disputing the fact it looks better than it did before. What worries me the most is that anyone can buy SH but most don't seem to have a clue how to use it safely. Used neat or at higher diluted strengths it's also very corrosive so can damage the property you are working on  ::)roll
As long as he was wearing a hard hat.  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 11:38:40 pm »
Fook the hard hat ;D

There is a pic on one of the bookfarce pages of a chap in a hospital bed after getting hypo in his eye.
I was hospitalised for 3 nights treated for minor burns to my right hand which got infected for not wearing gloves.
Also a guy posted a pic of nasty looking hypo burn to his wrist on another forum .
I'm sure there are many more instances of people getting hurt using hypo and even quats that we don't hear about too.

8weekly

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »
Fook the hard hat ;D

There is a pic on one of the bookfarce pages of a chap in a hospital bed after getting hypo in his eye.
I was hospitalised for 3 nights treated for minor burns to my right hand which got infected for not wearing gloves.
Also a guy posted a pic of nasty looking hypo burn to his wrist on another forum .
I'm sure there are many more instances of people getting hurt using hypo and even quats that we don't hear about too.

Are you to Sotwashing what Solar Steve is to solar panels? Softy Smurfy?

Smurf

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 06:45:45 pm »
Why do you want a T-shirt ?  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 07:32:42 pm »
Why do you want a T-shirt ?  ;D
Not for £99.

Tosh

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 11:08:13 pm »
Fook the hard hat ;D

Are you to Sotwashing what Solar Steve is to solar panels? Softy Smurfy?

Smurf uses Hypo for colonic irrigation purposes. 💩

Smurf

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2016, 09:03:31 am »
Just as a matter of interest has anyone been or going on a softwash course?
Reason why I ask is that training courses are now being advertised on bookfarce.

8weekly

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2016, 10:20:33 am »
Just as a matter of interest has anyone been or going on a softwash course?
Reason why I ask is that training courses are now being advertised on bookfarce.
I know Cliff Perkins from here went on one. I believe day 2 was very late starting.  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2016, 11:40:11 am »
For anyone interested this looks like a good course to go on  http://softwashsolutions.ie/softwash-applicator-training.php

Elfyn

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2016, 04:52:33 pm »
I've used this a few times and had good results. It's a lot cheaper too.

http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/JC-ALGEX