M4RK

idea for someone entrepeneurial
« on: May 28, 2006, 07:22:28 pm »
Ebay is a massive business matching buyers to sellers of products.

Could something similar work matching customers to service providers?

eg. for window cleaning: customers submit a request for a quote online with maybe even some digi photos of their premises. It might be useful to have a template customers would fill in, providing the typical info a window cleaner tendering for the job would want to know.  Then window cleaners bid for the job. Like ebay you could have feedback etc. so that the customer could accept not just on basis of price but what you're reputation is like etc.

If it works with window cleaning, it could maybe be expanded to other services and trades.
Probably got lots of flaws, but hey just an idea....   :)

I'm not gonna do anything about it but if one of you budding Richard Bransons out there want to do it go ahead!

farkam

Re: idea for someone entrepeneurial
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 03:37:56 pm »
i think it'll not work...customers are too lazy and busy to do such things ,sending photos....window cleaning is not kinda business to apply complicated marketing tools,  the effective tool is just simple marketing, we know that....

M4RK

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 07:00:53 pm »
I agree that simple marketing like canvassing is the best way to get work for us window cleaners.

Just think someone clever could apply the principles of ebay to selling services and trades.
Not window cleaning particulalry, but all trades and services.

As regards people being lazy, maybe in a way thats why it would be useful. You say what you want doing and the tradesmen come to you, instead of you phoning round.

Would save a lot of time for the likes of small property developers.

Probably a reason why they haven't done it already.

Suppose it would be difficult to get the ball rolling.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 07:49:14 pm »
i don't think it would work as i is far easier for the customer to ring or email asking you to pop around to give a quote
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk