Roy Harding

Building or Customer
« on: May 28, 2006, 06:59:44 pm »
If you have a acount that you have done for some years, and it closes down for a few months.

Then re-opens under new management, is it fair game?

Or do you feel that as you have done the building for many years its yours?

What your thoughts.

Roy

Jon T.C.

Re: Building or Customer
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 07:04:45 pm »
It,s fair game  :(
Elite Cleaning Solutions

MNWC

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 07:05:04 pm »
Roy i know where your coming from its happened to me.

But as i read earlier i didnt get there first (rightly or wrongly)

you never know somebody might be saying that about us one day (swings and roudabouts"

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 07:40:39 pm »
If you have a acount that you have done for some years, and it closes down for a few months.

Then re-opens under new management, is it fair game?

Or do you feel that as you have done the building for many years its yours?

What your thoughts.

Roy
Of course it is Roy, but the account that started this I had done for the new owners, before Tosh did it.....

If I hadn't, then it's Tosh's fair and square.

(He can have it anyway, who needs customers like that?)

MNWC

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:50:48 pm »
Sounds like squeeges at dawn  ;D

brett walker

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 08:22:38 pm »
If you have been doing an account etc there will always be a window cleaner round the corner ready to take it, business is business as they say.  If this window cleaner is your mate he will not touch the work out of respect for you in my opinion,  i am not refering to the other thread.  The customer will decide who they prefere wfp or trad

Example:  I was doing a new housing estate and their was a different one being built opposite i was ready to go on it as soon as the first houses were built but Gaza was doing the show house to the same firm a few miles away.  He was asked to do the show house on the site facing mine, so out of respect for him as he is a mate i told him he could do all the new houses when they were built and i would stay on my site on the other side of the road.  God im a good mate  8)
But if it was another window cleaner i was friendly with in passing i would have gone on the site

Brett

JohnL

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 09:46:03 pm »
Sorry Roy but under the circumstances I feel this is an uneccessary thread as any reply will be influenced by another thread

sides will be taken regardless and feel this should be locked until things settle down and resolved   

JohnL

West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 11:52:32 am »
Definately fair game

All customers are fair game regardless,  If they ask you to give a quote, i will give a quote.

I would never purposely poach a live job off any one, but if they approach me thats a different matter.

The chances are if they have asked me and i say no then they will eventually find some one who will say yes.

So that yes might as well be me

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 05:54:41 pm »
There's only two window cleaners in my area who I'd knowingly poach work from, (it's not Squeaky either); but I'd never do it on the basis of being cheaper.

But if you're asked to quote for a property, my first question is NEVER, 'Do you have a window cleaner already and if so who is he?'

I'll do the best I can to get the job; if it's one I'd like.

Ian_Giles recently phoned me with regards to an account I did around once per year for £100; on demand. 

He was asked to quote for it.  I hadn't heard from them in well-over a year.

I told him to go for it and he did.  He got the account for £110 every eight weeks and good on him. 

Very probably the receptionist who used to phone me has changed jobs; the new one didn't know my phone number and Ian was in the right place at the right time and was asked.

It's tough on me, but there's lots of work out there; so I'm not bothered one iota.

You've got to have a 'couldn't-care-less' attitude when it comes to losing accounts otherwise you'll just spoil what should be a fairly stress-free occupation.