Cyprus_Mark

WFP in Cyprus
« on: May 28, 2006, 08:23:36 am »
Im here in sunny Cyprus and thinking of using WFP system. I've never seen it in use here even on the big car showrooms which are all glass fronted. They use a guy in a cherry picker.

Would it work in a HOT climate its 32 this morning in the shade  8)

Are there any good starter systems out there ?

And would anyone deliver to Cyprus?

Most of my customers are ex-pats but i can see a real opportunity for WFP here.

All advice welcome

jeff1

Re: WFP in Cyprus
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 08:58:14 am »
Have a chat to Andrew Mc cann, he is on this forum,

he will be able to advise you on system's and delivery.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 09:00:10 am »
Hi Mark,

Well it's anything but 32 here !!!!!!!!

Seriously, you may find your usage of water will be high due to the rinsing required.

If and when we ever have a so called hot day it is advisable to pre rinse the window to scool down and after the clean a thorough rinse again, this helps eliminating spotting.

Regarding a distributor sending to you, well I can't see that being a problem, just a shipping cost.

As for learning how to use the system, well you will need the help of an established WFP cleaner to show you the ropes and set up your systems, it just so happens I know someone who is able to fly to Cypres for a week in the sun in return for showing you how to set up and clean. So, if you're interested, let me know and I will pack a bag lol  ;D ;D ;D

best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 09:03:32 am »
WOW Holidays all around ;D can I come too ;D ;D

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 09:32:02 am »
Mark,

We ship all over the world, and are curently in negotiations with a potential Distributor for Cyprus.

For further details check out our website  www.ionicsystems.com

Regards

Reuben   

Archy136

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 09:40:18 am »
I've got a hunch he wont need the thermopure, Reuben

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 09:50:10 am »
Yes he will, we supply mostly thermo-pure systems into hot countries, as puting hot water onto hot glass you dont get evaporation as you do with cold water, i.e steaming on glass leaving residue on glass to dry.

Regards

Reuben   

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 11:00:09 am »

either way its still costly. using pure water as normal on hot glass will evapurate so use up more water, and using the thermo pure means you need to have more battery power does it not, reuben

heres a good idea
HERE IS A HOT WATER TANK THAT CAN BE CONVERTED OVER TO WATERFED WINDOW CLEANING. WOW 150PSI WORKING PRESSURE. SEE TECHNICAL INFORMATION HERE. http://www.americasacres.com/Product_Pages/hottwash/technical_data.htm

SEE IT IN ACTION.  http://www.kyhorse.com/store/groomingequipment/HOTTWASH.wmv
 SEE PICS HERE. http://www.northcoastmarines.com/hott_wash.htm

JM123

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 01:19:28 pm »
Reuben, don't be silly.  I'm an engineer by education, so I know plenty about Thermodynamics and that was the biggest lot of, well put it this way, its the water temp, air temp and air pressure that govern the rate of evaporation.  Hence why water boils at 94.6C at 30 000ft.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Archy136

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 01:27:54 pm »
Glad you mentioned that. I was just about to put and order in for 3 Thermo Pures.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 01:51:30 pm »
The hotter water is to start with the quicker it will reach evaporation point. Simple

P®oPole™

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 01:55:15 pm »
Guys im not an expert in the heated pure water field but I very much belive Reuben is telling the truth, Ionics are the industry leaders, that means there the best in the world, I dont think they would lie to you, do u?

Ionics Reach & Wash Systems are the rolls royce of WPF.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 02:00:13 pm »
 it does not take a lot of working out does it do an experiment under the tap with a glass plate.  A plate washed in cold water will dry very slowly.

But one washed under a very hot tap will dry in a tength of the time.

Got and try it , this same theory works on cold plates and hot plates.

Dave

Archy136

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 02:14:01 pm »
So you're saying Reuben is eating bacon sandwiches this morning. Come on Reuben I want to hear what you have to say.

I'm interested now. What is best in a hot climate - warm water or cold water. What is the scientifically correct answer.

jouk45

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 02:41:13 pm »
although you would use up more water,  I think cold water would be best, as the cold water would cool the glass. unlike us rinsing of,   I  think they would rinse on before cleaning first to cool the glass, that makes more sense, thats the way id go

dai

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 03:58:28 pm »
It would be interesting to know the TDS of the water in Cyprus, I'm sure it is sky high. I think it's mostly limestone and other sedimentary geology. Water hard enough to stand a tea spoon in. Dai

poleman

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 04:46:46 pm »
The heat of the glass dries the water to quick, this is why you get spotting, thats why you need to rinse more, with hot water on a hot glass the heat exchange is the same so the water does not evaporate, which is what you wont to pole in normal conditions and for the pure water to dry naturally

Andy

tom_currie

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 05:00:33 pm »
what would temp of water be intank in back of van if it is 32 degrees in shade.
what would temp be of stored water after r/o and kept in tanks before transfer might it be better to keep stored water where nature can keep it warm so then you would be useing warm water on glass
and would be at same temp no matter how high or low the volume to want to use   ie ; 1.5 l per min or 3 l per min

JM123

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 11:37:23 pm »
Don't get me wrong guys I'm not saying reuben is wrong when it comes to pure water cleaning better than cold water, don't think anyone would dispute that.  Sorry if I seemed rude in my last post reuben.

Ballymena N.I

gaza

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 12:19:03 am »
Dont really care about hot and cold water, taxi for one to east mids airport,sort it out when I get there ;)

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Cyprus_Mark

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 12:29:18 pm »
 :-\

Now I'm totally confused.

abacus

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 11:01:53 pm »
Hi all
I not an expert but all last summer I had know difficulty no spots happy customers

Ionics may be industry leaders but this is more to do with the having the best sales machine as in the best set up of promotional products than anythink else look at sky and vhs both not the tech best but both the best sales set up

This is not running down ionics products just a fact others have more tech quals

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

JM123

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 01:04:59 am »
With saying that Ionics do make pretty good systems, and I do like the look of their thermo-pure systems, just the HUGE price-tag puts me off.  Plus I build systems so wouldn't be a good marketing ploy not to use my own.

Ballymena N.I

DavidX

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 11:31:04 am »
Hi Mark. 
Speak to Andrew Mc cann and have a look at his website. www.freedomwfp.com.uk
Dave

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 09:21:12 am »
Could pass delivery water through black hose neatly laid out on the van roof to warm the water up a bit - a minature type of solar water heater. lol
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

amy10

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 12:22:22 am »
Cold water is fine

Although we do sometimes rinse the glass to cool it , also use lots of water to rinse ( which can be awkward here)

Vince