Paul Coleman

Re: are omnipole trolleys good
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 01:47:10 pm »
saw this on shinners forum, going cheap, £50 ono i think

needs re-vamping. It needs a new pump, a better battery and a new on/off switch...and the wheel needs fixing. I could do it all myself and re-advertise it...but if anyone is interested...it's going cheap as it is at the moment...offers ?

Just for the record:-  I do have that type of trolley (same colour too) but mine is in one piece and not currently for sale   ;D
Not sure who "Shinner" is but not to be confused with me "The Shiner".  Is Shinner related to Kneecapper by any chance?    ;D

jouk45

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 02:25:41 pm »
dont know if i am allowed to put a link to the other forum  here,  its another window cleaning forum, they dont sell supplys or anything, just for chat,ect.

The Fox

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 05:50:09 pm »
I used a trailer and didn’t get on with it, parking was the main bug bear and reversing in cul-de-sacs also increase fuel costs and I did not like a lot of hose trailing.

I use my Omnitrolly. I have no problem with this. As far as access is concerned if you can walk down the side passage you can get a trolley down. If I was still using a van I would keep it but I am going to go back to using the car. I will miss the fact of having 50 litres and having to go back to the car more often.

I am starting to come round to the idea of a back pack with 125 litre tank in the car with a transfer pump to fill the back pack up quick. Also having it set up as a mini-van mount. I will not trail hoses across paths I think you are asking for trouble. If I am able to park in the drive then I can use the system as a mini van mount.

What ever system you use you will have problems. There are so many variables in domestics and always a reason that one method is better then the next then something will come along to turn it round and you will think S--- I should have got that instead.

I am looking at it from my view. I am not going to be expanding my round and I will be only working from my car. So my final set up will be the way I work all the time, I do not have to worry about fitting in with upgrades at a later date.

jinky230

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 06:39:38 pm »
good reply k only thing is we have backpacks and they are heavy on the back

so you end up putting them onto sack trolleys,I have a folding sack trolley and 2 standards, the folding sack trolley is good in princible but the arms that fold are light weight end up twisting, so you end up using standard trolleys.we developed a holder to take 2 containers for a trolley system but is slightly smaller for the backpack and 1 container so going to get the coachbuilders to developing a biger holder to fit the backpack and the spare container, this will help to a certain degree, so keep it in mind most people will put their backpacks onto trolleys, just wondering if there is enough space in your car for tank trolley and backpack.we dont even take our backpacks around backs now, we got hooks on the trolley and rap round 50 metre of 10mm cable to take us around the backs. domestic is such a hassle as you said to convert to wfp, so will keep looking to get the perfect answer

jinky

pjulk

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 06:55:03 pm »
dont know if i am allowed to put a link to the other forum  here,  its another window cleaning forum, they dont sell supplys or anything, just for chat,ect.

Jouk can you email me the link please.
paul@1stclasscleaning.co.uk

Thanks
          Paul

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2006, 07:02:33 pm »
question for Andrew  re Freedom Trolley

-  are you left handed, as in your  pictures you seem to be pulling the trolley with your left hand? I would pull with my right hand, so is the pole holder transferrable?   :)

or have I got it all wrong!   ;D

JohnL

Nope I am right handed.

It's natural to use the left hand to pull the trolley for me. It leaves my right hand free for opening gates etc.

Cheers

Andrew

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2006, 07:04:18 pm »
Now its getting technical !!!!!!!

brett walker

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2006, 08:06:42 pm »
I had a good look at the omnipole trolley at windex, very well made and professional and their sales team was excellent

I have the freedom trolley and use it everyday all day that also is an excellent piece of kit and put together with great thought and design.  I just use my backpack when i get hard to access areas

each to their own, all the trolleys on the market are the business and i am very impressed with some of the diy trolleys that the guys have made on this forum

Brett

The Fox

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2006, 08:10:26 pm »
Jinky

Not enough room for both once you have hose reel, pump box and traditional kit. Also worried about damage to car with the trolley, Water leakage is not a big problem because I have water proof boot liner.

With the backpack I planned to fit it on a small trolley, Shall have to rethink this now.

Maybe I should keep the trolley, getting the wife’s wheelchair in and out will probably cause more damage anyway.

jinky230

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 08:18:39 pm »
guys thought it out

imagine it now

standard sack trolley, cage at the bottom to hold  1 container and backpack

hooks on sack trolley to wrap around 30 metres of hose for backs

at the back of sack trolley each side foot length tubes to hold the poles
and small di resin canister in the centre tied to sack trolley at the back to top up when you come to houses with taps outside suppose this is ok for myself my tap water is only 54tds - but it has got to be an idea for not stopping

jinky

JohnL

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 08:27:09 pm »
Nope I am right handed.

It's natural to use the left hand to pull the trolley for me. It leaves my right hand free for opening gates etc.

Cheers

Andrew

ah , but is it transferable, because after 30 years of pulling  a golf trolley I cannot pull left handed - if you know what I mean   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   later in the year i may need to know.  :)

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

david wood

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 08:58:10 pm »

neither do I, but here goes...

http://cotswoldcleaningandmaintenance.co.uk/shinersforum/index.php

master cleaner

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 10:32:36 pm »

i have got the new omnitrolley 50ltr and the 125ltr pictured above and to be honest i prefer the 125ltr trolley if you are working downhill which i sometimes do and you fill the trolley and do upstairs only it can last you more than 3 hours the battery on both trolleys will last you 15 hours which makes a fantastic difference , also i could not work with a trolley that didnt have a fitted hosereel ( my opinion only ) i think i have been spoiled with these trolleys they make window cleaning a dream.

i have also just bought a backpack to add another tool to the trade

thanx to omnipole for making life a lot easier ( no i am not getting commision it is just a big thank you from me )

gary

jinky230

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 11:41:59 pm »
Gary thanks for the posts and pics they are greatly appreciated

I noticed thet you said that the battery will give 3 hours on tops but will last for 15 hours, could you explain, also how is the trolley for pushing about with 125 lt
does the low gravity help, what do you do with your pole do you carry it in hand with the cable or can you park it like the freedom trolley when moving about

sorry about all the questions but might buy a few so spending a few bobs so would like to get it spot on

jinky

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 02:16:55 pm »
Hi Jinky

I think that he is saying that he can get 3 hours doing tops only from one refill of 125 ltrs.

The battery will last way more than that.

Hope this helps

Andrew

jinky230

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 03:33:32 pm »
Thanks andrew I guess thats what he was talking about after I wrote back

sometimes you can be too quick to reply.I think your trolley is a cracker as well and if I was in the market for one  25lt am sure it is your trolley I would purchase
but I do have backpacks on trolleys and I have a varitech box with pump and regulator which will go into the back of a kangoo with tank. , it just I am now looking for a bigger trolley system, maybe you could put some thought into the subject and build one.I see with the guys talking in the forum that your business is doing well, and I wish you all the best, nice to see equipment getting built with guys who use them everyday

jinky

master cleaner

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 10:22:39 pm »
Gary thanks for the posts and pics they are greatly appreciated

I noticed thet you said that the battery will give 3 hours on tops but will last for 15 hours, could you explain, also how is the trolley for pushing about with 125 lt
does the low gravity help, what do you do with your pole do you carry it in hand with the cable or can you park it like the freedom trolley when moving about

sorry about all the questions but might buy a few so spending a few bobs so would like to get it spot on

jinky

i would not pull the trolley uphill with 125ltr in it on the flat and downhill no problem i used to use this trolley out of the back of an astra estate , i had to take the handle off ( wing nuts ) but hopefully that could give you an idea of the size.
if you want exact measurements of the 125 or 50ltr trolley just ask and i will measure them for you

gary

jinky230

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 08:14:16 am »
gary if it is not too much bother could you measure for me
I am hoping to use it as a static vehicle machine as well as mobility so the dimensions is important, as it is going into a kangoo estate sideways

you said it was too heavy going uphill are you talking about small gradients or really steep hills, most of my work is on level ground,

jinky