DASERVICES

Re: Lost My First One to a WFP
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 10:50:05 am »
I know from squeaky's threads he will never go to wfp, but squeaky, have you ever seen the results of wfp? this is not a knock at you, because i am still traditional, just an honest question. 
Yep, loads of times from plenty of different w/c's.
So there's no need for people to say "You haven't tried it".
I've heard too many moans about it already.

Only once or twice I've thought they're acceptable.
It's far to inconsistant for my liking.
Doesn't look shiny, and leaves bits behind.

Did I mention spots? :o

Squeaky, WFP does not leave spots or leave bits behind. It does just a good job as
traditional infact better in some cases.

The route cause for all problems is the operator not the tool, like trad you get bad window cleaners and good window cleaners. We don't shout out that trad leaves
streaks, it's the window cleaner who leaves them not the tool. Exactly the same with
WFP, do a good job then you will always have happy customers.

Lets not blame WFP, it's a great tool when used correctly.

And no I haven't put any weight on just biceps  ;D ;D

The benifit WFP has over trad is safety, nobody has ever knocked trad because we've
all done it. We just know have that safer feeling having moved over to WFP, the last
thing we want to hear is another death in the window cleaning industry.

Doug

jeff1

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 03:43:03 pm »
Hi Guy's I see a lot of banter here, about window's above conservatories,

I have one customer who has two windows above her conservatorie, now she's one of these customers, who goes on holiday for a month/six weeks, when she's on holiday I leave the two window,but when she is home, I do them from inside,
so on my way there today I thought to myself, great I can do the two windows even if she's away, when I go wfp,

I had a look when I was there, and I would only be able to do one, as the other window is above another section of the conservatorie that is the shape of an A, now this is not meant as banter, just an honest question, but how can you do it with wfp, if you can't see it all?
so as far as I can see, even wfp can't do all the windows above conservatories's. am I right or am I wrong?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 05:16:20 pm »
Hi Guy's I see a lot of banter here, about window's above conservatories,

I have one customer who has two windows above her conservatorie, now she's one of these customers, who goes on holiday for a month/six weeks, when she's on holiday I leave the two window,but when she is home, I do them from inside,
so on my way there today I thought to myself, great I can do the two windows even if she's away, when I go wfp,

I had a look when I was there, and I would only be able to do one, as the other window is above another section of the conservatorie that is the shape of an A, now this is not meant as banter, just an honest question, but how can you do it with wfp, if you can't see it all?
so as far as I can see, even wfp can't do all the windows above conservatories's. am I right or am I wrong?

You're right of course.  There are a few windows above conservatories that can't be cleaned.  If I can't see the whole window, I do it blind and hope for the best (if it's reachable).  It is sometimes still possible to brush and rinse by guesswork and it's better than no clean at all.  I use Omnipole kit mainly and they do 45 degree bends for the ends of their poles and that helps too if my arms are up to it.

The Fox

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 05:59:20 pm »
There is always going to be windows that you cannot clean using WFP or traditional.

But you will be able to clean more windows with difficult access using WFP than using traditional methods

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 06:03:25 pm »
I can get to a lot more now with wfp than i ever could with Trad

Dave

Archy136

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2006, 07:12:11 pm »
At the very least you 'll always be able to it a squirt. It will take abit of the dirt off and least it looks as if its been cleaned.

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2006, 07:55:11 pm »
Only once or twice I've thought they're acceptable.
It's far to inconsistant for my liking.
Doesn't look shiny, and leaves bits behind.

Did I mention spots? :o

At times like this I wish I wasn't a moderator so that I could point out how stupid someone's post actually is.

Archy136

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2006, 08:10:18 pm »
I'm not a moderater so I can say it.

Squeaky, that was a stupid post.

Archie

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2006, 08:32:03 pm »
Just because you like to think differently it's stupid then?

Archy136

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 08:39:20 pm »
I say that after 18 months of WFP what you say is not correct and I think 99% of those on this forum would agree.

Steve Tate

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 08:49:14 pm »
It's a funny old world really coz I get people ring me up and ask if I've got a ladder?! And yes your right they don't want Wfp's I've picked up loads of extra work from W/C who tell customers all that old tosh about ladders being banned and then make a poor old job of the windows. Don't get me wrong I like the concept but it don't excite me or me customers who have already in these relative early days  formulated a rather unfavourable opinion of WFP. You see that's the big problem we can all thump away at our keyboards going on about who knows best [ me included]  but if Joe public don't like it your stuffed.

Archy136

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 09:07:40 pm »
There is a very small number who dont like WFP and rightly so. I lost a job last week because of WFP. It had sash windows with flaky paint. I knew that it was only a matter of time before I lost it.

But that is ONE out of maybe 200 jobs I have, many of which were gained after I had WFP because it did a far superior job than the trad way.

Steve, what you have to remember is all of us WFPers have also been Trad cleaners.(and we all still do abit here and there) You've only done trad(as far I can tell) so youre not really in a position to compare. For every irrate customer there many more satified ones.

If squeaky had really given WFP a good go(maybe a year or so) then he would be in a better position to judge it.

If squeaky is happy with trad and his cutomers are happy then why change but just dont say its rubbish when the overwhelming evidence is that it is not.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 09:16:29 pm »
You lot are in dreamland.... ::)
I seen the results for myself.

It's a funny old world really coz I get people ring me up and ask if I've got a ladder?! And yes your right they don't want Wfp's I've picked up loads of extra work from W/C who tell customers all that old tosh about ladders being banned and then make a poor old job of the windows.
Same here Steve, my round's got better since the polers arrived. ;)
Most customers who've mentioned it to me slagged it right off.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Rog. (increasingly outnumbered crusader for clean windows ;D)

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 09:43:58 pm »

Hi 'Caped Crusader',

You say that you only know two WFP users, Ian and myself, and you say you've seen sub-standard work from WFP users and that your business has improved since we've started using WFP.

Be carefull mate, I'm in a canvassing mood these days.

I know two accounts that I could take off you; because I've been asked to give a quote from your customers and said 'no'.  That makes four of your customers who've asked me for a quote since I started window cleaning.

Regards,

Tosh, who might be feeling a little bit sensitive over the digs he's receiving!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2006, 10:10:03 pm »
Squeeky

Listen i dont tell lies ,read my lips I HAVE NOT HAD ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT WFP AND YES IT IS AS GOOD AS TRAD, HONEST.

Are you taking this stance just to annoy , why dont you take Ian or Tosh up on there challenge then come back here and tell us , at least that way you may have a valid point instead of just quoting heresay of a few customers.

Dave

P®oPole™

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 10:35:07 pm »
What the wfpers say is right, infact it gives better results than trad if you know how to use it.

Squeaky & Steve I can clean many more windows than you, in quicker time, and clean windows that you could never reach with your hand tools & ladder.

I was a good trad cleaner, quick and effcient, but now my work is unbeatable by any method of cleaning (not 1 complaint either), the windows which i clean stay cleaner for much longer and i clean frames as standard, not just glass and sills.

Squeaky mate, just accept wfp its the 21st century, times have changed alot, we now have inventions to hepl us, and improve our working standars.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2006, 10:56:51 pm »
Poor squeeky gets so much stick, wfp v trad why does it cause such intense discussions, each to their own and I admire squeeks for sticking to his guns, however even in these early stages for me in wfp I have gained 2 new jobs and a customer that was front only and leaded now wanting the back done because I can reach above the conservatory he also wants me to give the roof of the conservatory a quick going over, thats a small terraced house gone from £6.50 front only, to a house worth £17 for about 20 mins work, and before anyone says thats cheap its what I'm happy with.

Sussex by the sea

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2006, 11:03:07 pm »

Hi 'Caped Crusader',

You say that you only know two WFP users, Ian and myself, and you say you've seen sub-standard work from WFP users and that your business has improved since we've started using WFP.

Be carefull mate, I'm in a canvassing mood these days.

I know two accounts that I could take off you; because I've been asked to give a quote from your customers and said 'no'.  That makes four of your customers who've asked me for a quote since I started window cleaning.

Regards,

Tosh, who might be feeling a little bit sensitive over the digs he's receiving!

Well you've already taken a commercial job off me, so I'll be canvassing myself soon.

Quite friendly with a big hotel actually.....

Art

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2006, 11:12:12 pm »
Do i detect a turf war   :o  ;D ;D

jeff1

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2006, 11:27:35 pm »
My mate lives 2 doors up from me, and he to is a wc, and I respect his Decision to stay as a traditional wc,

I think we should also respect sqeaky's decition to also stay traditional and for that sqeaky I admire you!