MNWC

Dilema time ???
« on: May 25, 2006, 03:05:07 pm »
Hi guys,

Ive got a bit of a problem that you guys could help me with.
Just recently got a contract for a major high street store.
Cleaning on a weekly clean ive got four of them at the moment.

The chap who runs the cleaning side for the above stores asked me if id be interested in qoting for another three stores.

"No problem" i replied where are they to which he answered 85 miles away !!!! Here lies my problem i can do them all in a day they are worth £150+ for all three.

But we all know the price of fuel is not getting cheaper and i only have a car  :-\

I am using wfp and each store takes about 50 lts of water  so thats at least 150 lts of water in the car.

Should i fork out for a van and do the job or tell him to sling his hook   

Cheers fellas
Marcus

D woods

Re: Dilema time ???
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 03:24:50 pm »
Hi Marcus
Tell him you will do the jobs, then sub contract them out to a window cleaner who lives near the stores.

Morph

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 03:28:41 pm »
Hi Marcus
Tell him you will do the jobs, then sub contract them out to a window cleaner who lives near the stores.

I agree.  If you can do them in a day from 85 miles away, someone local should take 3 hours, you could make a good deal and keep the contracts.  May lead to more.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 04:31:48 pm »
Why don't you use a D.I. vessel fill up when you get their. then you have no need to carry extra water

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 04:48:33 pm »
Subcontract every time, that way if more work comes from it you can keep your client happy.

Ask on here for people in the areas you need covered, am sure someone can help.

regards,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

JM123

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 04:57:59 pm »
Trailer system??

Much cheaper than buying a van.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

MNWC

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 06:43:36 pm »
hi thanks for replies.
Its already subbed out to me, from another window cleaning firm not too sure how that would work anyway how do you guys sub your work out ??
 I would have to drive there every so often to make sure they do a decent job plus if i can sub it out to another w/c for say 65% ?? and they find out the price they charge they would approach them in the first place ??(  hope that makes sence ???)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 06:55:40 pm »
hi thanks for replies.
Its already subbed out to me, from another window cleaning firm not too sure how that would work anyway how do you guys sub your work out ??
 I would have to drive there every so often to make sure they do a decent job plus if i can sub it out to another w/c for say 65% ?? and they find out the price they charge they would approach them in the first place ??(  hope that makes sence ???)

Maybe look out for some of the more regular posters on here to do them.  I imagine (one can only hope) that good business ethics would prevail.  I'm not putting myself forward incidentally as where I live is 200 miles from you.  :)

brett walker

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 11:35:53 pm »
It sounds like you have fell on your feet by the looks of it you might get a lot more of their stores, if you were to sub-contract them out there are enough expierenced guys on this site that could help you out.  You could take a cut and let them do the work

God luck whatever you decide

Brett

Johnboyfree

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 12:47:27 am »
Hi,it would really depend on youre workload,and what type of work you do,whether it is mainly commercial or domestic,I would be inclined to take it as the chances are you could still do it in the rain,so its a guaranteed earner,fuel cost would be less than £20 per day so thats still a decent amount to earn,plus if you take it youre more likly to get more in the future,if you dont want it give us a ring I dont mind travelling ;D ;D

marc al

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 05:12:31 pm »
  Where are they Marcus?

I am in Lincs, close to peterborough, if they are out this way perhaps I could help.

MNWC

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 09:45:03 pm »
Cheers marc they are in suffolk !

niceandclean

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 07:15:53 pm »
Hi we are a small company based in Suffolk, would be more than happy to help you out.

MNWC

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 07:38:44 pm »
Nice and clean you have email  :)

gaza

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 01:26:51 am »
Who would be responsible for the h/s aspect of sub contracting? YOU WOULD
so make sure your up to date with you h/s

GOOD LUCK

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

MNWC

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 09:24:16 am »
nice and clean
Whats your email im having problems sending email  ???

farkam

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 03:44:20 pm »
marcus, do that job yourself, its good money to travel, and its every week......

outandabout

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 04:00:11 pm »
YOU SHOULD MAYBE TRY GETTING MORE WORK IN THE AREA THEN IT WILL MAKE IT WORTH YOUR WHILE GOING ALL THAT WAY

DAVE