jeff1

Do your customers give there WC a second thought
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:13:42 pm »
 have yet to come across a customer, who does give there WC a second thought, They plant new bushes right under there windows and think   'O' dont they look beautiful, they never think that the bush is going to engulf there window, and the thought of the wc turning up with a machete just to get to the windows, would Terrifie them,  this is a big problem when you do villages.
They rip up there paths and put down gravel,  who give's a toss if the wc's ladder slips on the gravel, and he ends up a**e first in the new bush they have just planted, hundreds of bloody plant pots, out side the patio doors, so we have to learn hop scotch just to get there.
The dog that runs up to you ,and tries to give your leg one, and the customer just smiles, and say's  'o' he like you,    I have even had my a**e bitten on a couple of occasions, and the customer say's to the dog  ''Its alright its only the window cleaner, I usually reply yes its only the window cleaner with another six extra holes in his a**e ::)

and the other one that really naffs me off is the customer, who has just spent the last ten minutes talking to you, and when you get on with you're job, they jump in the bloody car and drive off. so you have to leave a ticket, to say you'll call back to collect the money, or put an envelope through the letter box, Why didn't they just say ''I've got no money can you call back, or why didn't they just say goodbye? didn't they see me? and are they suffering from the memory loss.

Lets have some thoughts from you guy's about what naff's you off most about your customes?

DASERVICES

Re: Do your customers give there WC a second thought
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:25:23 pm »

Yip, your right. It's harder to pitch your ladder anywhere nowadays.
  Even new houses, does the architect think about the poor window cleaner.
  Nope, wobbling ladders, hanging on roofs, just waiting to fall off.

Thats why I got WFP, nothing is an obsticle now. ;D ;D ;D

Doug

Johnboyfree

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:29:56 pm »
As there are no known obsticles for wfp, all us trads have got together and arranged one just for you,its called a drought order ;D ;D ;D

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 09:30:40 pm »
yes i think wfp is the long term answer,

but even that, on some bottom windows, will be difficult, on some of mine you have to be orange and hairy, with the ability to swing through trees just to get at them.

DODA

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 09:56:23 pm »
hi all

even with wfp now that summer is coming all the patio furniture will be out and strategically placed pots everywhere it,s a nightmare....
Did a house today and the owner is never there but today they were and they still didn,t offer to open the gate for me.....
i dont like asking because i,ll be there for ages talking so i jumped as usual....

b**ch

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 09:58:56 pm »
As there are no known obsticles for wfp, all us trads have got together and arranged one just for you,its called a drought order ;D ;D ;D
Or a flat roof,
or a locked gate,
or flaky frames,
or a skylight,
or open windows,
or oxidised aluminium frames,

or........etc. ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 10:01:18 pm »
...or complaints about the work....  ;D

What drought order?

To date not one drought order has included wfp or window cleaners.

Anyway, research the weather - there will be no drought.

(I hope)

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 10:07:08 pm »

Or a flat roof, - Wrong wouldn't do it trad
or a locked gate, - Wrong same again, depending on height
or flaky frames, - Wrong again, trad is also a prob
or a skylight, - Wrong again, easy to do
or open windows, -Wrong again easy to do
or oxidised aluminium frames Wrong again easy to do

??? ??? ???

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 10:10:30 pm »
jeff, it could have been more seriouse if this had got a hold of ya lol,  ;D

Archy136

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 10:11:28 pm »
How do you get to windows above conservatories roofs Squeaky?

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 10:13:55 pm »
Members of the public tripping over the hose which is not covered by insurance unless all the appropriate H & S regulations are complied with which on some roads, pavements and walking areas or places means taping and sealing off the work area with a council licence to do so.

Which, we of course, always do......  ;D

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 10:21:03 pm »
jeff, it could have been more seriouse if this had got a hold of ya lol,  ;D

Thank god it was an english one then joe,  ;D ;D
if it had the scottish flag I wouldn't have done the house ;D ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 10:24:24 pm »
I don't. Customers know that and they don't mind.
Not one person has ever complained or questioned it.

That's the one thing I can't do, compared to lots of things wfp can't (regardless of DA's comments).

Next question?

Or a flat roof, - Wrong wouldn't do it trad - Your choice, I offer complete service.
or a locked gate, - Wrong same again, depending on height- Pole vault?
or flaky frames, - Wrong again, trad is also a prob- Yes, but still possible.
or a skylight, - Wrong again, easy to do- With no space to move back 10 yards?
or open windows, -Wrong again easy to do- Wet house?
or oxidised aluminium frames Wrong again easy to do- Spots every wfp'er tells me.
Now am I right? Or not wrong? ;D
Enough already. :-X

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 10:25:57 pm »
Hey Guy's

I asked for your views on our customers, NOT for us to argue which way to do them is best? ::) ::)

Archy136

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 10:29:21 pm »
My view on my customers is they prefer WFP!!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 10:34:53 pm »
I used to do a mental hospital too. ;)

DASERVICES

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 10:35:14 pm »
 Only harmful banter Jeff, the way I see it where there's a will there's a way.
 Both with trad and WFP you will find a way to overcome obstacles.

The one thing that does get my goat this summer is plant pots on window
  ledges on the top floor. Both ways is hard, you break them flower stems
  your customer will end up shouting at you.

Doug

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 10:45:14 pm »
Hi Doug

I know its only harmful banter, and I think argue was the wrong word to use,for that I'm sorry, but the main topic was begining to wonder of course,

I really wanted to know, what P****d you guy's off about some of your customers,gardens,animals,kids or there toy's ect, I think some of you guy's may have some funny stories to tell, and after the s*** day i had today I could have done with some funny stories about our customers etc.

Archy136

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 10:49:42 pm »

I used to do a mental hospital too. 

What happened? Did you lose it to a WFPoler!!

macc

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 10:56:56 pm »
I don't. Customers know that and they don't mind.
Not one person has ever complained or questioned it.

That's the one thing I can't do, compared to lots of things wfp can't (regardless of DA's comments).

thats the best thing about wfp, we offer a complete service.  ;D
none of this, " sorry love, cant get to that with a ladder".  :o

macc

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 10:59:30 pm »
Apart from all the things I mentioned earlier..... ;)

jouk45

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 11:06:56 pm »
one customer i go to every 4 weeks, lets the dogs roam free within the house, soon as i put the brush on the glass, the dogs go mad and try to grab the brush, it brightens up my day, at least the customer knows iv been and gone, the windows inside are covered in slabers and dog breath lol,   sorry i dont do insides,  ;D ;D ;D

Johnboyfree

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 11:08:54 pm »
The only complaint I can think of is this,a couple of weeks ago a woman came out of a house a couple of doors up from where I was working and asked me if I could do her house,it was the same size as the one I was doing and she was ok about  the price,I finnished the one I was on then did her front then rang the bell so she could unlock the gate so I could do the back......you guessed it,she came out of the house went across the road and said my gates allready open.........I couldnt believe what she did,I said I thought you lived here,.....no Im just feeding the cat there away. :-[

macc

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 11:16:05 pm »
hi Squeaky. Cant say ive come accross many probs,  ???, no, cant remember the last time.  ;D

But if we do we can always dig out our trade gear, (clean the dust & cobwebs off), grab the ladders,  :o & do the job.  ;D

How do you do the window above the coservatory.  ;)

I rest my case.

macc

Johnboyfree

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 11:20:10 pm »

How do you do the window above the coservatory.  ;)

I rest my case.

macc
What window above the conservatory?us trad lads only do bungalows cos its safe..no need for ladders ;D ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 11:21:19 pm »

How do you do the window above the coservatory;)

I rest my case.

macc
What window above the conservatory?us trad lads only do bungalows cos its safe..no need for ladders ;D ;D ;D
Or spell-checker even..... ;D ;)

macc

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 11:35:51 pm »
Nice one.  ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 11:36:14 pm »
I used to do a mental hospital too. ;)

Was that the insides  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 11:38:15 pm »

Squeaky you fell for that one ;) ;)

Doug

mick40

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 11:50:09 pm »
picked up a new customer yesterday and went through the gate at the side of the house,just started cleaning when this big bl..dy golden retriever bounced over and started humping my leg :-[.
The woman came out and got hold of him then said he would calm down in a minute.she was standing talking to me and let go of the dog and he started sniffing my hee haws.i kept pushing him away and he kept coming back for more and she eventually put the hound in the house.cleaned her windows, got paid then proceeded to next door neighbours house only to find i had left my steps in the retrievers territory :(.I walked back round and she had let the mutt back out.i tried to sneak in but got humped a second time before she came running out and grabbed him again.what an embarressment.
if i eat myself will i be twice as fat or will i disappear?

LC

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2006, 11:55:10 pm »
picked up a new customer yesterday and went through the gate at the side of the house,just started cleaning when this big bl..dy golden retriever bounced over and started humping my leg :-[.
The woman came out and got hold of him then said he would calm down in a minute.she was standing talking to me and let go of the dog and he started sniffing my hee haws.i kept pushing him away and he kept coming back for more and she eventually put the hound in the house.cleaned her windows, got paid then proceeded to next door neighbours house only to find i had left my steps in the retrievers territory :(.I walked back round and she had let the mutt back out.i tried to sneak in but got humped a second time before she came running out and grabbed him again.what an embarressment.

LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D LMAO

JM123

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 11:07:02 am »
I've got one bungalow that should take 15mins but takes 35 because of plantpots which may I add contain nothing more than soil, moss and plants that died before Stalin.  I also do another house where the owner trains police dogs, ok, so police dogs are supposed to be calm, obedient, yeah right, they'd tear the nuts off you without an invitation, he also has his own silent attack dobermans, 3 of them, well scary.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Londoner

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2006, 11:25:18 am »
Round here so many houses have had their front gardens paved and park their cars on the front. Its a nightmare with a ladder but still a bit risky with a WFP.
Same people usually have big extension on side and/or back, loft extension and two satellite dishes right in the way.
They always tell you that the last WC cleaned all the windows no trouble ( who was he - spiderman? )

dai

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 06:40:57 pm »
I have seen customers put pea gravel over concrete slabs, You might just as well put ball bearings under your ladder. Others leave an impenetrable barrier of kids toys, wheelie bins, bikes and garden chairs in a narrow side entry. When you do manage to get round the back you are faced with a bloody great trampoline.
The worst of all are the ones that leave masses of dog poo for the unwary window cleaner to tread in.
Now I have gone WFP I am no longer expected to cut back the Virginia creeper in order to get to the window. How do you fellow WFP users deal with Virginia creeper by the way? I just put my brush on the glass the best I can, if I leave marks, tough.
Dai

jeff1

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2006, 08:02:19 pm »
Today I was ripped to shreads by the bloody rose bush's, the thing is, some times these turn infected, so I now carry a bottle of TCP with me, for such occations,

Good point made by dai, I have loads covered in wistirea, and ivey, and some of the ivey is actually stuck to the windows, so how do you manage? with wfp

Londoner

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 08:48:43 am »
It all comes down to the question of whether you choose your customers or your customers choose you.
OK I'm getting older, and I hope wiser, but I am a lot more picky about who I take on.
Take a good look before you say yes.

I know its not always that easy, in particular when you are trying to build up a round and I understand that problem right enough.

Oh yes, just one last question. Whats a ladder?

jeff1

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 07:50:17 am »
Hi vince

I agree with your point on who chooses who, I've been a wc for eight years now,
I always do a risk assesment before taking on any new one's. 

when I chose that customer, she had just moved in, and over the past five years, she change the layout of her garden, and put in new plants,including that ruddy rose bush. and I find this happens with a lot of customers who live in the country side areas.

'O' and by the way a ladder, is what Buggie's and us traditional wc use! ;D ;D

Londoner

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 08:08:44 am »
Where are you Jeff? Its interesting you say about country side areas. Round here my problems are more likely to be residents only parking zones and wardens.

jeff1

Re: Do your customers give there WC a second thought New
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 09:01:23 am »
Hi Vince

I'm in sunny  wet Somerset ;D
(were all the carrot crunchers Live)

I do a lot of village's