proffesional window cleaner mag
« on: May 23, 2006, 05:33:08 pm »
Hi i recieve this every issue though i don't subscribe to it how many of you recieve this mag even though you don't subscribe?

I know the mag i get is missing some articles i just don't understand why i keep recieving them? As this can't be economic!!??  ::)

Moderator David@stives

Re: proffesional window cleaner mag
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:37:32 pm »
Its to give you a taster , then when you are hooked  Woooossshhhhhh its gone.

Then you will have to buy it, Have you ever been fishing?.

Dave

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 06:17:15 pm »
I've deleted a few 'chatty' posts; mine included; as I think it's a good magazine and worth discussing the merits; or the demerits of it.

Philip Hanson, the editor is an ex-moderator and a regular contributer of this forum, so I'm sure he'd be interested in what you've got to say.

JohnL

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 07:08:27 pm »
I wouldnt mind seeing one. Whats the procedure to get a copy?

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

matt

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 07:15:03 pm »

I know the mag i get is missing some articles i just don't understand why i keep recieving them? As this can't be economic!!??  ::)

BUT it is economic to ionics, because of the adverts

billozz

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 07:59:36 pm »
not sure if this is the same mag but i recd one where the words are covered with squeege's, i have to say i thought one of the pics in it was a little insensitive, there was a ladder against a wall with a pool of blood at the bottom of it, the article went on toi mention some of the recent falls from ladders, im not sure if it was a genuine pic or a staged one, but either way i hope none of the families of the people referred to in the article receive one of these mags, it would be very upsetting i think.
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 08:13:07 pm »
John

You can get the magazine from here
http://www.professionalwindowcleaner.co.uk/

billozz Said
im not sure if it was a genuine pic or a staged one

That is the genuine picture of the scene.
Im a little suprised he published it, But he paid for the pictures so i suppose its up to him what he does with them.
Im sure philip would have consulted with the family and if it prevents another fall maybe its worth putting it in.

Its a shame though that there is money to me made from picture like this.

Paul

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 08:17:45 pm »
Why is the picture shocking?  It's just a set of ladders and a pool of blood.

The BBC regularly show blood-soaked scenes of unfortunates in Iraq.  Why should this be any different?

Is it because it could be the scene of any one of our deaths?

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 09:43:30 pm »
Well it not going to happen with me though i just read the bits that are not bladed out i'm not really that bothered about reading a magazine!

Its to give you a taster , then when you are hooked  Woooossshhhhhh its gone.

Then you will have to buy it, Have you ever been fishing?.

Dave

macleod

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 07:29:51 pm »
i really do not like having the magazine sent to me, especially as i havent requested it  :( and because the articles are missing...  >:( wish they would stop and to make matters worse i always get 2 copies sent  :o - straight to the bin  :)

matt

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 08:10:52 pm »
to make matters worse i always get 2 copies sent  :o - straight to the bin  :)

are you sure the other 1 isnt a Ionics brochure, they come in the same wrapping and have the same "name and customer code on it"

some may say its hard to tell them apart  :P

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 08:26:08 pm »
to make matters worse i always get 2 copies sent :o - straight to the bin :)

are you sure the other 1 isnt a Ionics brochure, they come in the same wrapping and have the same "name and customer code on it"

some may say its hard to tell them apart :P

Ouch    :o  A bit catty tonight aint we Matt.
I think its time to duck    ;D

matt

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 08:33:42 pm »
to make matters worse i always get 2 copies sent :o - straight to the bin :)

some may say its hard to tell them apart :P

Ouch    :o  A bit catty tonight aint we Matt.
I think its time to duck    ;D

i did say "some may say" of course i wouldnt ;)

When philip reads this (i am sure some would have e.mailed or phoned him by now) Im only joking (thus the tongue in cheek smilie), its a cracking mag (and i mean that) where is the next installment of "ben"

though the ionics brochure does come in the same wrapping and with the same "mag customer details on" as i guess it comes from the same publisher

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 08:36:13 pm »
The alternative is the Fed rag. :o

I think PWC mag sorts out where we are or aspire to be as businessmen/women. Those who knock it either are so set in their ways they will never change their habits, or, can't cope with people making money.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 08:49:45 pm »
The alternative is the Fed rag. :o

I think PWC mag sorts out where we are or aspire to be as businessmen/women. Those who knock it either are so set in their ways they will never change their habits, or, can't cope with people making money.

I cant see much wrong with the fed rag to be fair, it has been an inspiration to me over the years.
I can remember an interview a few years ago and a successful guy was asked what is your worst ever business decision ?      his answer   ==== Not getting a sign written van sooner.

What more do you need for inspiration, that question has always stuck in my mind and it was always good to see what that old guy in rusholme was up to(Britains oldest w/cleaner)

Dave

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 09:03:23 pm »
it was always good to see what that old guy in rusholme was up to(Britains oldest w/cleaner)

Dave

You mean the one who after paying his bus fare earnt £15 per week :o

just recieved some info from the Fed. They say earnings of 10K are possible Window Cleaning!!!

Sorry, but they are a bit behind the times.

Steve Lowe

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 09:24:56 pm »
Was that sent out recently??? If it was i will contact head office immediately and get that sorted out. While some are working there socks off others are letting the side down >:(

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 09:31:58 pm »
it was always good to see what that old guy in rusholme was up to(Britains oldest w/cleaner)

Dave

just recieved some info from the Fed. They say earnings of 10K are possible Window Cleaning!!!

I find the magazine OK myself.  A couple of particularly interesting articles this time - particularly the hands on stuff with the scissor lifts etc.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 10:17:32 pm »

Dave

I think he only charged £1.00 a shop , he worked on curry mile in Rusholme , Manchester. there is a lot of window cleaners in that area and competition is fierce, it probably took him an hour for each shop.
Curry mile is in the record books for having the most eating houses in a one mile strip
It is one of the few things i miss about living in Manchester.

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 10:19:54 pm »
As any one got any recent copies of window talk and pwc mag for sale ..I will pay the postage.  :-*

What about if i flutter my eye lashes will that help   :o