L plate

good deal or not !!!!!
« on: May 22, 2006, 06:01:47 pm »
Been reading the forum since April better than any soap on telly ;D ;D ;D. I must say thank you to you all. I have 130 customers most from using advice from you guys and girls. only started 12 weeks ago-girlfriend couldn't get a window cleaner and the rest is history.
Well to make a short question long I went to a customer for the second time, i asked if he wanted me to clean his windows as the counsil were going to change the windows in the area soon, we disided not bother but if his missus wanted them done, i would come back. all my costomers are within one mile of my humble abowed. So next saturday i got a call from him to go to his work to meet some one, it turned out to be a window cleaner with a large van full of water-pole fed equiptment, AWESOME! he said that my customer said i had just started and was looking for work, well it turned out he offered me the hire of his van (and some work) as often as i liked for £30 + VAT a day, inc insurence. My gut feelinmg is that hes a straight, honest guy. I would like to know wether you think this is a good deal or not??  thanking you in advance
 L plate

matt

Re: good deal or not !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 07:24:38 pm »
30 quid a day is nothing

go for it

BUT

still take on your own work till you have enough

daniel b

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 07:28:16 pm »
sounds a bargain go for it,could start you off on a long and happy road ;)
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 08:30:43 pm »
L-PLATE, sounds to good to be true, id get it in writing, just in case he punts you later on when you pile up all those customers, JOUK45

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 08:31:59 pm »
Some work is better than no work , but dont do it at the expence of developing your own customers, if thats the way you want to go

sunshine windows

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 08:43:44 pm »
Sounds like a good deal to me. I used to work for a guy that took 30% of our earnings. We would normally knock out about £100-£120 a day each traditional. So if you're using wfp and he's giving you enough customers you should breeze £35.25 a day (inc. VAT).

Just make sure that he's not expecting you to put any new customers that you find onto his books. As long as he's ok for you to build your own round up along side it then go for it. If he's not happy with it just keep the new customers to yourself anyway and stay quiet till you have enough to go it alone.  ;)

Good luck,
Sunshine
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 08:53:20 pm »
is that ethical,
Integrity filters through every aspect of your life.

Dave

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 09:22:31 pm »
  Ouch,

I know it sound it sounds good but that's £35.25 x 15 working days is £528.
  Fot that money you could lease a van for £140 and system for £70 per month.

Doug

JohnL

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 10:13:50 pm »
you could lease a van for £140 and system for £70 per month.

more information please  :)

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

L plate

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 10:46:57 pm »
i know over 15 days it sounds i lot but i can have the van 1 day a week if i like
i'd like to think that it will work out for us both never mind how meny customers i get if he does not change the deal i'll stick with. he's given me two small jobs that i priced my self his jobs are big 1 or 2 times a year  he dose not do meny as he has two other vans drains and carpets so if it's as good as it seems and the price seems right i think i'll do ok good positive advice as always thanks again

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 11:07:28 pm »
Hi

I agree with Doug.

My question would be -  what would you be responsible for if something broke ie pole or pump motor on Saturday? (I have just renewed a pump for £90.00.)

You can lease a brand new van for £140.00 per month + VAT. You will probably have to put an initial payment of 3 months followed by either 35 or 47 months depending over what period the lease is for ie 36 or 48 months.

I would also probably buy an RO van unit rather than lease one.

As you have got going in this business very quickly and got a good size round, if I were you I would rather be incharge of my own destiny and use my own equipment.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

macc

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 11:21:29 pm »
 Ouch,

I know it sound it sounds good but that's £35.25 x 15 working days is £528.
  Fot that money you could lease a van for £140 and system for £70 per month.

Doug

i agree with Doug as well, your own van & kit. no one to answer to or ask. cheeper to.

macc

pjulk

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 11:24:19 pm »
John

You can lease a van here for £135 per month and if you are new to window cleaning and have trouble getting a standard lease as some don't like new business's they offer guaranted leasing.

http://www.lease-a-van.co.uk/index.html

Paul